• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Wealth Card Unboxing

Guys, as you all are aware that I have been in talks with IDFC customer care to get my IDFC First Select card upgraded to IDFC Wealth. When I reached out to IDFC customer care, they asked me to drop an email to banker@idfcfirstbank.com with last three months salary slips and bank statement for last 6 months. I duly acknowledged and shared the the relevant documents with them over an email.

They raised a ticket for this upgrade request and the long arduous wait started, couple of days later I received an acknowledgement from their side and to my surprise they simply refused to offer an upgrade, I was completely taken aback as this was the first time my upgrade request was rejected by a bank despite providing them all the income details. These were the same folks who were offering Wealth card when I first chose to apply for an IDFC card, that time I chose select as for Wealth I was supposed to share ITRs from last two years and Select was available without any document proofs.

Lesson Learnt: If you have an option to choose between a higher variant card and a lower variant, always choose a higher variant card (even if you need to provide some additional documents).

In the fit of rage, I decided to cancel my IDFC Select card as this rejection was more painful than the rejection from my first love (she eventually said yes in my fourth attempt ;)). While drafting the card cancellation email, a thought crossed my mind, what if this is simply a ploy to discourage the customers from upgrading Select to Wealth, what if they want to make this card exclusive and in order to maintain this exclusivity the customer care might have been instructed to reject the upgrade request.

This thought resulted in escalating this issue to head.customerservice@idfcfirstbank.com, I requested their team to reconsider their decision and once again shared all the income related documents and asked them to either share the reason behind the refusal for upgrade or reconsider my upgrade request.

This email finally did the trick and they agreed to consider my request. Their customer care executive reached out to me that since my card limit was not inline with the limit required for Wealth card, they would perform my upgrade in two stages
1. They decided to increase my limit first
2. The second step was to upgrade the card to Wealth.

They asked for my consent for both the steps and I duly provided them over an email.

Things moved from here pretty fast and within a week my request for upgrade was closed and I was able to see my Wealth card in place of Select. In the next 4-5 days I received my physical card and the Dream Folks card for the international lounge access.
IMG_4722.JPG
IMG_4723.JPG
IMG_4724.JPG
IMG_4725.JPG
IMG_4726.JPG
IMG_4727.JPG

Dream Folks Card: After a few days I received my Dream Folks card from IDFC bank.

IMG_4820.JPG
IMG_4821.JPG
IMG_4822.JPG
IMG_4823.JPG

Hope you all enjoyed this unboxing.

Regards,
Bigde

I got wealth card 2 months ago, working perfectly at POS machines everywhere.. Card is delivered scratch free. Only issue I faced was unable to do transaction on few international sites, though my international settings are on.

Did they raise a Service Request for card upgrade? If yes then you will receive an email like following.
i just received this message after requested for limit increase but now they increase working days for request to 7 working days, @Bigde is their any chance of rejection after this request has been taken please tell me as per your experience

For me they raised the limit to 4 Lakhs, but didn't upgrade to Wealth card, saying that u will receive offer automatically when u r eligible. i had attached ITR of more than 36 Lakhs.....

i just received this message after requested for limit increase but now they increase working days for request to 7 working days, @Bigde is their any chance of rejection after this request has been taken please tell me as per your experience
In some cases, they provided the LE but not the upgrade, in my case I was persistent with my efforts and kept on doing a follow up with their team. In the end managed to get both LE as well as upgrade

I have been an IDFC bank account holder for the past four months, during this time I received constant sms literally two sms every day from the bank to take IDFC wow credit card, I would also received almost 5 calls in total offering me the same credit card which was FD backed. I rejected all the offers and told them I am interested only in taking wealth credit card and nothing else. Finally today I received a pre approved wealth card offer and applied for it and it was instant approval.
I feel it is always best to negotiate for the premium variant of a card in the first time itself rather than applying for a lower one and trying to upgrade it. Once the bank have you as their card holder then they take their sweet time for upgrading.

In some cases, they provided the LE but not the upgrade, in my case I was persistent with my efforts and kept on doing a follow up with their team. In the end managed to get both LE as well as upgrade
Have they ever taken your request to Increase limit with upgrade and you received request number or they denie's to take request earlier how many times such request taken in your case ??? As you tolad that you have tried 4 times for select to wealth so just asking

They have taken my request and i recieved mail

SUBJECT:- Acknowledgement of Service Request number XXXXXXXXXXXX

IN THE MAIL :-

Dear Sir/Madam,

We acknowledge your service request on Card Product Upgrade - With Limit Enhancement (with income Proof) under reference XXXXXXXXXXX. It will be processed in 7 working days. Do quote this reference number for any further enquiry.

This is an auto generated email. Kindly do not reply on this email.

Always You First,
IDFC FIRST Bank

@Bigde @Pavan @himaga

Do
I received this reply when i sent mail for upgrade to wealth card. My limit is already 4 lakhs

We would like to inform you that as the limit was enhanced on October 12, 2022 hence we would check for limit increase post 06 months from date limit was revised. Once offer is available you will receive notification from our end for wealth card.
Don't mention about limit anywhere in the mail you sent them just mention that you have select and you want to upgrade to wealth only they thought that you want limit increase and card upgrade both thats why they rejected your request

They have taken my request and i recieved mail

SUBJECT:- Acknowledgement of Service Request number XXXXXXXXXXXX

IN THE MAIL :-

Dear Sir/Madam,

We acknowledge your service request on Card Product Upgrade - With Limit Enhancement (with income Proof) under reference XXXXXXXXXXX. It will be processed in 7 working days. Do quote this reference number for any further enquiry.

This is an auto generated email. Kindly do not reply on this email.

Always You First,
IDFC FIRST Bank

@Bigde @Pavan @himaga
So finally while typing this i recieved this msg 😉

Credit Limit Changed! The limit on your IDFC FIRST Bank Credit Card ending XXXX4 is changed to 600000.00 effective 22-11-2022

From 3 lakh 😇 power of technofino members @Bigde @TechnoFino ❤️

Do

Don't mention about limit anywhere in the mail you sent them just mention that you have select and you want to upgrade to wealth only they thought that you want limit increase and card upgrade both thats why they rejected your request
Below is the mail i had sent to IDFC head.customerservice@idfcfirstbank.com

I had called up phone banking and requested to upgrade my IDFC Select card to IDFC Wealth card. I was told that income of 36 lakhs plus is required for the same. I have ITR of xx.xx Lakhs but still my application was rejected for IDFC Wealth card. Below is the trailing mail for the same.

Attached is my latest ITR for the same.

Card Holder name: xxxxx
Card last four digits xxxx

Hoping for a positive response from your side

Below is the mail i had sent to IDFC head.customerservice@idfcfirstbank.com

I had called up phone banking and requested to upgrade my IDFC Select card to IDFC Wealth card. I was told that income of 36 lakhs plus is required for the same. I have ITR of xx.xx Lakhs but still my application was rejected for IDFC Wealth card. Below is the trailing mail for the same.

Attached is my latest ITR for the same.

Card Holder name: xxxxx
Card last four digits xxxx

Hoping for a positive response from your side
hard luck buddy

Back