• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Future First Savings Account

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Thinking of opening a Future First Savings Account with IDFC Bank. The services are more or less similar to a premium account at any bank with no MAB or Debit Card charges (Visa Signature is being offered).

Anyone who is using it currently, how has been the experience?

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Recently went to Pune Law college road idfc first bank branch , asked them to open this acc and they were like we don't offer zero balance account and the most hilarious thing is the Branch was surrounded by 3 colleges, yet they had zero knowledge about the account.
Send the bank a mail. Then show the SS to bank.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Mail to: customerservice@idfcfirstbank.com

Hi,

I want to apply for Future Savings Account. I want to know the list of institutes eligible for IDFC Future Savings Account. Please confirm if XLRI Jamshedpur and NMIMS Mumbai are in the list of eligible institutes along with the list of required documents.

Also, is this open only to current students or passouts can apply as well?

Thanks,
xxxxxx

pprakash11

TF Prestige

Hi,

I want to apply for Future Savings Account. I want to know the list of institutes eligible for IDFC Future Savings Account. Please confirm if XLRI Jamshedpur and NMIMS Mumbai are in the list of eligible institutes along with the list of required documents.

Thanks,
xxxxxx
Thanks, mailed. Have checked for IIT KGP.

harshit 111

TF Buzz

Hi,

Thanks,
xxxxxx
It's not an acceptable email id

RIB

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
You found the tech of idfc better than that of ICICI ?
Yes, just a personal preference I guess. IDFC UI feels a bit better and the experience is much smoother in iOS …. The iMobile app does get stuck sometimes and it’s very frustrating …but that’s just nitpicking…compared to my experience with 7-8 other bank apps … ICICI & IDFC are miles ahead…

devsfinance

TF Premier
I just went to the branch today they straight up denied that we can’t open etc etc. I was like what’s the problem they said we are not authorised to do that. It is not going ahead etc. I tried staying there for an hour but they were stuck on this.

Anyone have list for the colleges?

I dropped by the branch near my place to check about getting myself a zero balance savings account. But there, they promptly informed me that the minimum requirement for account opening is a variant that insists on maintaining a balance of at least 10K. Feeling a bit taken aback, I also asked them about the BSBD account , only to be told that IDFC First Bank doesn't offer that kind of account.

Feeling unsatisfied with the situation, I decided to shoot them an email, detailing all my concerns and what I felt was a mix of misinformation. Not stopping there, I took to Twitter to vent out my frustration, maybe just dropping a hint that I might involve the RBI Ombudsman if things don't get sorted. Lo and behold, just two days later, I got a call from the branch itself. They were apologetic about the confusion and misinformation. Not only did they express their regrets, but they also offered to open the account at my convenience, even at my home.

But as luck would have it, that particular week turned out to be quite hectic for me, leaving me with no choice but to request them to hold off on the account opening till the next week. Somewhere in between, While exploring other account options, I came across the Future First Savings account. Curious, I considered giving it a try despite its eligibility criteria for graduate or postgraduate students from specific Indian educational institutes. I thought, "Why not?" If it works out, great; if not, I still have the option of BSBDA.

Today, an IDFC Bank executive came to my home for the account opening process. I inquired about the Future First Savings account, and he informed me it's exclusively for students. I suggested using my college as an eligible institution, and the executive filled out the required details, including selecting the college from a dropdown menu labeled "Corporate Office."

Here's where things got tricky. My college wasn't on the list.The representative chose an alternative, though I don't recall the specific choice made as the process was swift. I was asked to capture a screenshot of the account details. Interestingly, no initial funding was required. The entire account opening process went smoothly, without any request for my college ID or validation. The application lacked a mechanism to verify student status. It appears anyone can open this account, depending on their luck and adherence to terms and conditions. The corporate option is mandatory, though.

Last edited:

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
I dropped by the branch near my place to check about getting myself a zero balance savings account. But there, they promptly informed me that the minimum requirement for account opening is a variant that insists on maintaining a balance of at least 10K. Feeling a bit taken aback, I also asked them about the BSBD account , only to be told that IDFC First Bank doesn't offer that kind of account.

Naturally, this left me a bit unsatisfied with the whole situation. I decided to shoot them an email, detailing all my concerns and what I felt was a mix of misinformation. Not stopping there, I took to Twitter to vent out my frustration, maybe just dropping a hint that I might involve the RBI Ombudsman if things don't get sorted. Lo and behold, just two days later, I got a call from the branch itself. They were apologetic about the confusion and misinformation. Not only did they express their regrets, but they also offered to open the account at my convenience, even offering to complete the process at my residence.

But as luck would have it, that particular week turned out to be quite hectic for me, leaving me with no choice but to request them to hold off on the account opening till the next week. Somewhere in between, while I was browsing through the various account options that IDFC Bank had to offer, I stumbled upon the Future First Savings account. It definitely piqued my curiosity, so I thought, "Why not give it a shot?"

Today, an executive from IDFC Bank arrived at my residence to initiate the account opening process. I inquired about the Future First Savings account, only to be informed that it is exclusively designed for students. I suggested that we attempt to proceed with my college as an eligible institution. The executive filled out all the required details, including a peculiar category labeled "Corporate Office." Now, this is where things got a bit tricky. My college, Fergusson College, was absent from the list of options. In response, the representative chose an alternative institution. Unfortunately, I'm drawing a blank on the specific choice made.
What's even more intriguing is that the entire process of opening the account went off without a hitch, without any sort of request for my college ID or any other form of validation. Notably , the application form lacked any sort of mechanism to double-check if you're genuinely a student
or not.
What happened next?

devsfinance

TF Premier
I had also experienced similar thing they did offer me an account as well right now I am confirming whether it’s for students only or for Alumni as well because I don’t want to risk anything which is in that account.

Naturally, this left me a bit unsatisfied with the whole situation. I decided to shoot them an email, detailing all my concerns and what I felt was a mix of misinformation. Not stopping there, I took to Twitter to vent out my frustration, maybe just dropping a hint that I might involve the RBI Ombudsman if things don't get sorted. Lo and behold, just two days later, I got a call from the branch itself. They were apologetic about the confusion and misinformation. Not only did they express their regrets, but they also offered to open the account at my convenience, even offering to complete the process at my residence.

But as luck would have it, that particular week turned out to be quite hectic for me, leaving me with no choice but to request them to hold off on the account opening till the next week. Somewhere in between, while I was browsing through the various account options that IDFC Bank had to offer, I stumbled upon the Future First Savings account. It definitely piqued my curiosity, so I thought, "Why not give it a shot?"

Today, an executive from IDFC Bank arrived at my residence to initiate the account opening process. I inquired about the Future First Savings account, only to be informed that it is exclusively designed for students. I suggested that we attempt to proceed with my college as an eligible institution. The executive filled out all the required details, including a peculiar category labeled "Corporate Office." Now, this is where things got a bit tricky. My college, Fergusson College, was absent from the list of options. In response, the representative chose an alternative institution. Unfortunately, I'm drawing a blank on the specific choice made.
What's even more intriguing is that the entire process of opening the account went off without a hitch, without any sort of request for my college ID or any other form of validation. Notably , the application form lacked any sort of mechanism to double-check if you're genuinely a student
or not.

AritraSaha

TF Legend

or not.
They don't need college id. They just makes it harder for people to opt for future first account.
Way of disencourage ppl to open zero balance account.
Btw enjoy your 0mab acc with free visa signature dc.

vinrey287

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
And this is what I see on clicking the link: Screenshot_20230802-204845.png

I don't see any idfc debit cards offering 2% cb as mentioned in the screenshot. Guess it's only for ac with MAB