• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Future First Savings Account

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Thinking of opening a Future First Savings Account with IDFC Bank. The services are more or less similar to a premium account at any bank with no MAB or Debit Card charges (Visa Signature is being offered).

Anyone who is using it currently, how has been the experience?

vinrey287

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
And this is what I see on clicking the link: Screenshot_20230802-204845.png

I don't see any idfc debit cards offering 2% cb as mentioned in the screenshot. Guess it's only for ac with MAB

AritraSaha

TF Legend
I don't have any req for another SB acc as I have in all leading Indian banks.. is it worth to open this? Anything spl about IDFC acc other than zero MAB?
You get-
1. Free Debit card
2. 4% int <1L
3. Mostly all things are free (csah deposit, chaque book, imps , even auto-debit fail is free)
4. Good customer care.
5. Free and unlimited atm transaction.
@vinrey287

Last edited:
What happened next?
The whole account opening process was a breeze. The exec just told me to snap a screenshot of the account details on the last screen. He had me sign up through the mobile banking app, and bam, it was done instantly. No hassle at all. I got signed up, logged in, and there the account variant showed up as "Future First."
_20230803_041359.JPG

While this variant is designed specifically for students from premier institutes. I don't really see much risk here because the option to choose the institute's name or the so-called corporate office has no other fields attached to it. You don't need to provide additional details like when you joined or what you studied. They also don't ask if you're still there or if you've left. However, sometimes the rules about opening this kind of account might be strict, and a lot depends on the knowledge and willingness of the executive.
I had also experienced similar thing they did offer me an account as well right now I am confirming whether it’s for students only or for Alumni as well because I don’t want to risk anything which is in that account.

devsfinance

TF Premier
I confirmed with the CC after mail and asking what’s the validity, they suggested once you graduate you can convert it into any account or if you don’t at the age 30 it will auto convert to a regular account.

They took 2 days to arrive to this answer so seems correct but not sure about the reality.

I'm really not buying their story because even their own customer service folks seem clueless about this variant. Just chatted with the executive who opened my account , and he was adamant that there's no rule converting it into a regular account when you hit 30. He also mentioned this account is for postgrad students, so it's doubtful there's an age limit.

Well, no worries, I'll figure it out in the next 7 years. Let's see what happens when that time comes! 🤷‍♂️

devsfinance

TF Premier
Indeed
I'm really not buying their story because even their own customer service folks seem clueless about this variant. Just chatted with the executive who opened my account , and he was adamant that there's no rule converting it into a regular account when you hit 30. He also mentioned this account is for postgrad students, so it's doubtful there's an age limit.

Well, no worries, I'll figure it out in the next 7 years. Let's see what happens when that time comes! 🤷‍♂️

AritraSaha

TF Legend
I confirmed with the CC after mail and asking what’s the validity, they suggested once you graduate you can convert it into any account or if you don’t at the age 30 it will auto convert to a regular account.

They took 2 days to arrive to this answer so seems correct but not sure about the reality.
Really? Is it in t&c?
Like hdfc digi save clearly mentioned conversation after 25.
But i didn't see any mention idfc as conversation.

Plz mail to the pno to confirm.

devsfinance

TF Premier
I am new to all this so I don’t know what is PNO but the person whom I talked with was a senior executive in CC and she called me first asked the concern then told that we are not aware I will raise a request here, will get answer from the future first team and revert back to you in 2 days and she did that only.

Again not sure about the reliability of the source but anyway there is time for me to turn 30. 😬
Really? Is it in t&c?
Like hdfc digi save clearly mentioned conversation after 25.
But i didn't see any mention idfc as conversation.

Plz mail to the pno to confirm.