• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Select to Wealth upgrade

EnthuCC

TF Premier
Hi, I have IDFC savings bank account under Select banking program.

I learned in this forum that if one can deposit 10L+ in savings account then it can be upgraded to Wealth account. Can anyone tell me for how long one needs to deposit 10L+ fund to get eligible for the upgrade for existing Select customers?

Blr, seriously bad luck
Do one thing
Call idfc
1800 10 888

And say u want to contact this branch ( check 2-3 branch near by)

Ask customer care to conference call ( Monday ofc )

Say to customer care u want rm from that branch and u are unhappy with this
Ask for wealth account conversation
One with competence will do it
If u fail to do this

@theflash @bvc19296 or anyone with 10 lakh in bank & instant conversation will share their Rm number (one who did it for them )
Since there is no branch concept
Anyone can help from any branch

10l+ , been a month or so
my suggestion assuming this is a normal 10k/25k account:

1. transfer all funds in this idfc acc out to some other acc.
2. call 180010888, and ask for closure link (if they say to goto branch, call multiple times until you find the person who'll send you the link).
3. close the account.
4. goto new branch, tell them you want wealth directly with 10L IP cheque, if they say no, simply say ill goto another branch.
5. if they agree, tell them there shouldn't be any delay in wealth conversion, otherwise you'll close the acc immediately & raise complaint for mis-selling.

step 4 can be done through phone call (call customer care & say you need callback from a particular branch's First Wealth RM)
repeat 4 & 5 steps until u succeed.

Do one thing
Call idfc
1800 10 888

And say u want to contact this branch ( check 2-3 branch near by)

Ask customer care to conference call ( Monday ofc )

Say to customer care u want rm from that branch and u are unhappy with this
Ask for wealth account conversation
One with competence will do it
If u fail to do this

@theflash @bvc19296 or anyone with 10 lakh in bank & instant conversation will share their Rm number (one who did it for them )
Since there is no branch concept
Anyone can help from any branch
I can share my RMs number in DM I'll ask him on Monday if he agrees I've no issues in that...

I understand that Wealth is a banking program. But in hdfc, classic/preferred are also banking programmes and they do downgrade if mab not maintained. The savings account type is most of the times Savings max.

In IDFC, once we get wealth status and wealth DC, if we withdraw the lakhs in savings and maintain just 5 lakh FD, wont they downgrage? wont the DC become chargeable/lose its benefits like international lounge access?

Hi guys, I have requested for Wealth upgrade through customer care, they raised a callback request from my branch for this. The branch person called and shared a consent link SMS for upgrade. I accepted it. How long does it take for the whole process of upgrade. I did receive an email yesterday titled "FIRST Wealth – A banking experience curated only for you". Apart from this I have not received anything.

Hi guys, I have requested for Wealth upgrade through customer care, they raised a callback request from my branch for this. The branch person called and shared a consent link SMS for upgrade. I accepted it. How long does it take for the whole process of upgrade. I did receive an email yesterday titled "FIRST Wealth – A banking experience curated only for you". Apart from this I have not received anything.
Check IDFC First Rewards portal & DC section if new DC appears means your upgrade is successful.

My RM contacted me about wealth upgrade. She said she talked with bm and saying regional head approval is needed and for that they need long term relationship, asking to get some policy. I said not interested but can keep balance for some time. Is there an automatic upgrade process or will rm only initiate? If that is the case then my wealth upgrade is basically blocked without meeting their demands. Or would visiting local branch help?
An update on this, got my account upgraded to wealth, just went to a local branch on a free day and asked for upgrade since I was maintaining balance and was select for a long time. They raised request and got upgraded in few days, yet to receive dc though. My Rm is still the older useless one though was hoping it'll get changed after upgrade.

An update on this, got my account upgraded to wealth, just went to a local branch on a free day and asked for upgrade since I was maintaining balance and was select for a long time. They raised request and got upgraded in few days, yet to receive dc though. My Rm is still the older useless one though was hoping it'll get changed after upgrade.
It takes time...

I received my welcome kit and secondary member's as well 🤣
Bro, aaj mera IDFC Select me upgrade hua hai.

Now I want to open account for my brother. So, what process should I follow?

Open my brother's 25k MAB account from my own referral 🤣

OR

Contact my RM to open my brother's account(preferably direct select variant) .

Which process will convert my brothers account to select banking faster?

CC: @Vasuki

Back