• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Wealth card - Overall Experience

0b110

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I posted earlier on the forum that I have been trying for IDFC wealth cc for quite some time but facing issues. Note that I currently maintain wealth plus relationship as well only so I could demand the wealth card. It was still a pain applying, following up and finally getting the card. Some minot glitches still remain but overall satisfied with where I am right now. I might even continue being their wealth customer as generally speaking their app and website have been quite good in my experience and debit card has good features too.

Here were the problems

1. Their algorithm kept offering me classic credit card with 80k limit when my combined credit limit across just the top 3 cards itself is 33 lakh.

2. The RM was useless. He kept insisting there is nothing he can do for credit card and it is offered

2. Emailed everyone I could for processing a wealth card but they kept replying the same bs that the card is determined based on internal policy and system decides which one to offer.

Finally took the advice from members here and used my name , pan, and family members number to try again. Voila, they offered wealth right away. I quickly accepted, completed the application and vkyc and in 3 days the card was at my door step. 2 more days and I got the dreamfolks privilege card too. So overall a smooth process once the initial hurdles were crossed.

That said, there are still some issues.
1. Now I have two numbers associated with idfc. For savings acct, it is my own number and for credit card it is the family members acct. And the only way for me to request number update is to visit the branch.
2. Any links to read more on the dream folks card like -
A. Is this same as dreamfolks dragon pass card? There is no dragon pass branding on the card or documentation it came with.
B. Is this preactivated or do I need to do anything special to activate?
C. I check the dreamfolks app and it asks for a pin along with the card no. as well. I didn't receive any pin.

Edit - got the add on card and dreamfolks card as well today. Very smooth on boarding and quick delivery. 10/10 will recommend.

If you have any questions, ask away

Last edited:

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I did over mail. Generic reply with 0 entropy.
Thanks. If it's a generic reply, there may be a case that it was not read at all or not taken seriously. In any case, it seems IDFC is issuing Wealth card to very select individuals. According to the discussion so far, my guess,

[1] The agents are directed to issue Select cards aggressively and Wealth card rarely. They may have some commission for Select card but very little or zero for Wealth

[2] IDFC may be planning to add more features to the Wealth card and probably convert it to non-LTF
[3] IDFC may maintain a list of companies and issue only when someone meets the criteria from that company

CardShard

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Ah I didn't consider [3].

An agent called me to follow up since I left my application for Select hanging. I told her I am going to apply thru her if she can get me wealth. She seemed pretty dejected, and didn't call anymore. That kinda is some evidence for [1].

I was always of the opinion that once you open up a card for LTF, that card is going downhill pretty quick from that point, but HDFC still has Infinia as their top tier card, so I don't know anymore.

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I was always of the opinion that once you open up a card for LTF, that card is going downhill pretty quick from that point, but HDFC still has Infinia as their top tier card, so I don't know anymore.
HDFC had opened up Infinia as LTF briefly since they were desperate after the RBI ban was lifted. Last heard, they're not issuing the metal variant in LTF. Anyway there's this theory floating around that the recent devaluation of Infinia might suggest a higher card on the cards, how soon remains to be seen

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
An agent called me to follow up since I left my application for Select hanging. I told her I am going to apply thru her if she can get me wealth. She seemed pretty dejected, and didn't call anymore. That kinda is some evidence for [1].
I'd say ask her directly why they're not issuing Wealth. We may get the answer here.

Again, your application for Wealth(even after showing 5LPM salary) wasn't rejected outright. You just received a generic reply which means it was not valued, and it didn't reach the right guy. You need to dig deeper IMO.

When an agent from SBI approaches me at a mall for SimplyClick, I enquire for Cashback or Aurum. They give a vague statement like there are criteria and protocols for those CC, and continue to insist for SimplyClick with a higher limit. Same experience when you ask Infinia from an agent who calls you for issuing Millenia.

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@0b110 how do we get add-on for wealth and do the add-ons have the same spa/lounge access benefits as the primary card? Asking since i just got approved for Wealth card😅

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Congrats. The addons have the same benefit and total cumulative limit of lounge access of the primary. Please share how you got card to card or salary basis

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Congrats. The addons have the same benefit and total cumulative limit of lounge access of the primary. Please share how you got card to card or salary basis
I think it was C2C. I checked on the site itself. Earlier with SBI Vistara Prime or Apay it was giving Select only, with Magnus got Wealth I think(not completely sure)

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You are a lucky guy i guess 😜. And did you get a cibil hit when you applied earlier with different card? And did you apply with different or same mobile number this time?

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You are a lucky guy i guess 😜. And did you get a cibil hit when you applied earlier with different card? And did you apply with different or same mobile number this time?
Thanks, i think so too, been trying for wealth for sometime but would always see select. And applied with the same number, and i think it did hit cibil earlier..but my score was 804 so didn't affect much 👻