• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Impact on credit card closure (less than a year old)

Stop Motion No GIF by Mouse

Closing your Axis Select card is unlikely to have a significant negative impact on your credit score, especially given the long history of your other cards.

Stop Motion No GIF by Mouse

Closing your Axis Select card is unlikely to have a significant negative impact on your credit score, especially given the long history of your other cards.
Thanks for the reply. I read somewhere that closing an credit card aged less than 12 months, impacts the score negatively. I hope it's not true. My credit score was 784. Recently, in the same month, I got pre approved 4 credit cards. BoB snap deal, BoB easy, ICICI Coral and IndusInd Legend credit cards as lifetime free. I took them all with no CIBIL hit. But my score reduced to 774 when these cards started appearing in my CIBIL credit report. Is this impact permanent?

4 credit cards.
Same Here from November to January I took 4 new cards.
and my score dropped by only 4 points from 785 to 781 now.
I observed 1 point dip every time a new card shows up on CIBIL but it recovers with timely repayments and good credit utilization ratio.
* My score was supposed to 782, cause HDFC agent I have 2 enquires for one application and 1 point down that day.

Back