• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Indian bank rupay credit card experience and issues.

ankit ojha

TF Select
Experience: I applied Indian bank rupay credit card ( there was only two option 1. Rupay 2. Visa, option 1 go ahead) , limit 105k, received the card within 10 days (no verification only need to have a savings account ) .

issue: The card issued in RUPAY PLATINUM variant, I contacted customer care, they told, only high transaction accounts will be qualify for SELECT card and have to visit the branch and have to do request to bank manager for upgrade ( Mera branch rural area me hai, and the manager is really dumb and kharoos, he will not take any action I know, I didnt visit branch yet, beside i am out of station now)

Q. What should I do to upgrade it in rupay select credit card?

Experience: I applied Indian bank rupay credit card ( there was only two option 1. Rupay 2. Visa, option 1 go ahead) , limit 105k, received the card within 10 days (no verification only need to have a savings account ) .

issue: The card issued in RUPAY PLATINUM variant, I contacted customer care, they told, only high transaction accounts will be qualify for SELECT card and have to visit the branch and have to do request to bank manager for upgrade ( Mera branch rural area me hai, and the manager is really dumb and kharoos, he will not take any action I know, I didnt visit branch yet, beside i am out of station now)

Have you applied for the credit card on card to Card basis or based on income proof?

It is only for debit cards.
All Select Wellness credit cards have same benefits as of now. Only the 4 mentioned in this thread.
1. Golf
2. Gym
3. Blood Check
4. Spa

Select Wellness Debit Cards have all 4 above and 2 more.
1. Cab 100 Voucher
2. OTT
Please refer to this post by TheGuy.
Select DC has more offers (especially the OTT benefit) than Select CC

Brother, joining fee/annual fee are high on debit card but here you are getting the credit card with just 250 that too reversible on 50k spends. Use your brain, do not do what other says.
Debit cards are available for Annual fee of ₹500 and this is easily covered by the 1 year OTT subscription and the vouchers are bonus.

And why spend 50k on Indian Bank credit card when there are better rewarding credit cards like Amazon Pay ICICI which is LTF too.

Requirement of each can vary. You shouldn’t try to impose your opinion on others. And dont think only you can use brain and others are fools, bro

Debit cards are available for Annual fee of ₹500 and this is easily covered by the 1 year OTT subscription and the vouchers are bonus.

And why spend 50k on Indian Bank credit card when there are better rewarding credit cards like Amazon Pay ICICI which is LTF too.

Requirement of each can vary. You shouldn’t try to impose your opinion on others. And dont think only you can use brain and others are fools, bro
bro, you are still not able to understand this small things. You can get 4 add on cards for free that’s why I said use your brain :) and btw many people don’t want to open new account just because of debit card pricing.

Last edited:

Probably cannot be done.
The card variant is selected on basis of card limit you get.
Anythinv greater than 2 lakhs, and you will get Rupay Select.
No harm in trying though.

Back