• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Indie account debir freezed

my indusind bank account got freezed on 3rd feb 2024 for the reason kyc reverify not done. There was no alert when the bank claim they sent a letter.

My Indusind PL EMI was on the 5th Feb 2024. I visited the nearest branch and inquired, they were lethargic to the core. I was worried about the late payment entry in cibil. Later, when I shouted the BM came and said I can the visit the loan branch in Nungambakkam, Chennai to get it sorted. I provided the necessary documents in the branch for KYC update and the loan branch provided me an URL to pay the EMI(which the nearest bank can do, but they made me travel 20 km).

Then after 3 weeks, I visited the same branch since nothing happened to my account. They simply said, couldn't do anything visit the home branch. No communication.

It's been 6 weeks, they are still validating my signature. Next week I am going to tell you can validate whenever you want, I am closing my account.

doraemon

TF Ace
@doraemon what are you going to do with this account after March end? Any suggestions- Shinchan
Well shinchan this account is nothing without offers
So after march one would have to do a single transaction of 50k in order to receive continuous benefit for another 3 months

Thing to note here is
1) rewards might downgrade
2) gem value will downgrade soon

Also freeze issue is there

I would highly recommend do not do high deposit if ur city town does not have indusind branch
Because if they freezed and ur city does not have branch u will face nightmares

For example when indie was launched I think bansal bro money got stucked for long time
So let him or other try first this time as well if anything goes wrong we will be having solution
Other wise if everything goes right we can also deposit for one time and then withdraw

Strange

TF Legend
I had 3100 when debit freeze was put on my Indus Select account. But to maintain AQB , I transferred 50k more . Thinking ki open toh ho hi jayega but Indusind ne aukaat dikha hi di .

Mine was frozen by Fraud Monitoring Team . Meri salary credit huyi and kuuch FDs mature huye . 4lac came in account and 4lac went out same day to merchant (Cheq/Paytm) for CC Bill Payments. This might have triggered their risk monitoring !!

CC told to contact nearest branch , nearest branch saying to visit Home branch !!

Apart from self transfer from Indie to Indus and vice versa and cc bill payments, there are no txns but still suspicious.
Did they unfreeze your account?

Strange

TF Legend
They will do it after Re KYC . I will do ReKYC after Holi . Currently busy due to FY end rush !
I opened Indie account after opening Select account and made some credit card bill payments in the Indie app. Now both of my accounts have been completely frozen (both debit and credit).

I did all transactions using my own account, yet they still froze my account. I have raised complaint at the branch and am waiting for their response.

I think Indusind is acting like neo banks.

AlphaCAT

TF Ace
Contributor
I will be keeping Zero balance in both accounts from now onwards once the issues are resolved !!
I opened Indie account after opening Select account and made some credit card bill payments in the Indie app. Now both of my accounts have been completely frozen (both debit and credit).

I did all transactions using my own account, yet they still froze my account. I have raised complaint at the branch and am waiting for their response.

Mark

TF Buzz
My paytm payments bank account was debit freezed about 5 months ago by mumbai police for selling crypto even though i have all proofs they say it'll take the case by victim to be closed first.
There are around 50 people hanging like me in this 1 case
Bhai crypto sell karne mein kya issue hai? Illegal thodi hai?

cleverpappu

TF Premier

Any mail received regarding freeze? Any reason they mentioned for freeze?

AlphaCAT

TF Ace
Contributor
Crypto txns can't be done by bank accounts as per regulations.
Who said this ? Banks stay cautious as it’s unofficial RBI diktat ! SC lifted the ban which RBI imposed earlier and this was quite a long time ago !

Crypto trading (P2P) demands caution as u don’t know what kind of money u are taking in ?

You might have proofs that txn was genuine and u received funds in lieu of crypto. But those funds may be tainted (received from fraud) , so eventually u will be the victim of lien/freeze !!

Solely bcoz of this , I left P2P despite making around 7-8k per day on various trading platforms !