• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IndusInd bank Select Savings Account and Legend Credit Card

hellobois

TF Legend
Hi. I received my Select Savings Account welcome kit today but I'm not able to link it with my legend credit card in mobile application. Please help. My 50000 is already stuck in select account and there is no way to take it out as I have to pay penalty as non maintenance charges.
Please help 🥺

@VijayflyRaven
opened new select ac by branch but debit freeze was still there even after 3-4 days, again yesterday went to branch as they said there was some kyc issue and signed again
welcome kit was recieved but without debit card (maybe because kyc issue)
unable to register on net banking and unable to use debit card(insta kit) or upi as debit freeze is there

i still didn't create cc mobile id or netbanking id as i don't want to create multiple id's so waiting for select account normalization to create only 1 id

how long will it takes to remove debit freeze ?

@VijayflyRaven
opened new select ac by branch but debit freeze was still there even after 3-4 days, again yesterday went to branch as they said there was some kyc issue and signed again
unable to register on net banking and unable to use debit card(insta kit) or upi as debit freeze is there

i still didn't create cc mobile id or netbanking id as i don't want to create multiple id's so waiting for select account normalization to create only 1 id

Max 48 hrs
Branch will do it instantly but backend team takes time and do release on batch

I tried to open Yesterday via branch, but their system wants Rs. 69,967 as Grouping Amount and Rs. 10,000 as IP. So they are asking Total Rs. 79,967 for IP Select Add-On Account!! Is it true!? They show me their account opening page of Tab.
Strange. It can be because of the balance requirement.
In my case two of the account holders open Zero Balance Delite Account and when time came for funding I told not to do the funding, we went to branch got the KYC done, at the same time submitted Account grouping form.
That way we saved 590 bucks for debit card fee as well as no IP was required.

May be it could also not be required because I opened it directly by giving 2 L cheque

I tried to open Yesterday via branch, but their system wants Rs. 69,967 as Grouping Amount and Rs. 10,000 as IP. So they are asking Total Rs. 79,967 for IP Select Add-On Account!! Is it true!? They show me their account opening page of Tab.
You have to negotiate, it's just a tactic to get more funding. Initial funding is 50k-1l depends on branch to branch.

@VijayflyRaven

Yes please don’t link until debit freeze issue is resolved. Test with a transaction and verify debit freeze is removed before linking.

If MAB is zero, we will eventually remove funds. But if we tell them about it, they are not happy.

I've Legend credit card & I would like to open select account. Can someone please confirm if all accounts under family banking will be "Select" variant & 0 AMB account?

Yes please don’t link until debit freeze issue is resolved. Test with a transaction and verify debit freeze is removed before linking.
i had linked it prior to lifting of debit-freeze is there any harm with that ? also, is there a way to confirm this 0 MAB ?

because got a call from cc of bank regarding any issue i'm facing ( still mobile app only show credit card) & asking her about MAB she replied it's still showing 50k MAB.

i had linked it prior to lifting of debit-freeze is there any harm with that ? also, is there a way to confirm this 0 MAB ?

because got a call from cc of bank regarding any issue i'm facing ( still mobile app only show credit card) & asking her about MAB she replied it's still showing 50k MAB.
me too linked before lifting debt freeze, no harm in this. Just get the confirmation from CC

CC may not know. The MAB is still 50k but we get a waiver if we have Legend card or any other options mentioned in SOC. If you send email, they will confirm it. Phone banking team may not be aware of these.

I have been following this thread for a while and I am quite surprised with the issues faced by the members here especially relating to debit freeze. I opened a select account online and yet to receive the welcome kit. So, obviously I have not been able to link relationship with Legend card. That aside, I have been able to create UPI ID and make payments seamlessly.

Given my experience so far, I don't think Indus has a standard practice or putting freeze and could be individual case related issue. Maybe try calling CC to understand where the issue is.
Update:

Received my welcome kit yesterday.
Set Debit Card pin on their website. Tried the link relationship option in their mobile app and it threw some error. Since this was the only login I had with Indus (I had it set up when I received the Legend Card), I decided to create netbanking ID for the Select Account. Tried linking the credit card from there and it did not work the first time but went through the second time. Since the message stated that they have received the request for linking the credit card, I figured this won't be instant (also, from reading the experiences of fellow-members here).

I did not have patience, so I tried linking on the mobile app as well from the credit card login. This time it worked but again only the credit card was showing in the app. I logged in to netbanking again and found the legend card was linked. At this point, I left things as they were. Today I see that the Select Account is showing up on the mobile app which is logged in through the legend card ID. All netbanking facilities are also now available.

Effectively, I have one netbanking ID and one mobile banking ID and everything is running smoothly.

I hope this helps.

Update:

Set Debit Card pin on their website. Tried the link relationship option in their mobile app and it threw some error. Since this was the only login I had with Indus (I had it set up when I received the Legend Card), I decided to create netbanking ID for the Select Account. Tried linking the credit card from there and it did not work the first time but went through the second time. Since the message stated that they have received the request for linking the credit card, I figured this won't be instant (also, from reading the experiences of fellow-members here).

I did not have patience, so I tried linking on the mobile app as well from the credit card login. This time it worked but again only the credit card was showing in the app. I logged in to netbanking again and found the legend card was linked. At this point, I left things as they were. Today I see that the Select Account is showing up on the mobile app which is logged in through the legend card ID. All netbanking facilities are also now available.

Effectively, I have one netbanking ID and one mobile banking ID and everything is running smoothly.

I hope this helps.
Can you please provide steps to link credit card Select account?

Update:

I hope this helps.
I made the mistake of creating both IDs in mobile app, but none of them allow me to link the other, as the mobile app has limitations I guess. While for some weird reason, I'm not able to login to netbanking either.

Back