• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

INDUSIND VS IDFC FIRST BANK- SAFETY BEYOND 5 LAKHS

KGSIPO

TF Buzz
I want to park a good amoount of capital as deposits either in Indusind bank or IDFC First bank. Both are paying similar interest rates. Which bank is safer for the amount beyond 5 lakhs. The share price of Indusind bank is Rs.1548 and the share price of IDFC First bank is only Rs.83. Does it mean Indusind bank is safer than IDFC First bank. Based on your inputs, I will open a savings acount with them. Please do not advice to split the amount as I want to put the deposit in a single bank for some exclusive reasons.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
If it is me in your situation to choose between IndusInd and IDFC for the stated purpose:
I would choose…
IndusInd
Reasons being: ( a few to consider, not all )

IndusInd Vs IDFC
Major shareholders : IndusInd has better participants than IDFC (eg. LIC holds 10%, Hiduja owns 26%)
Capital Adequacy ration: 15 Vs 13
Net Income: 7.5k cr Vs 2.5K Cr
Total assets: 4.5L Cr Vs 2.4L Cr
Total Equity : 55T Cr vs 6.6T Cr..

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

IndusInd Vs IDFC
Major shareholders : IndusInd has better participants than IDFC (eg. LIC holds 10%, Hiduja owns 26%)
Ssv researched & came with facts 🫂

KGSIPO

TF Buzz
See many suggestions pour up to you and you get confused.

As @SSV mentioned simple answer to your question is IndusInd. Once you've decided with IndusInd negotiate with them better benefits like locker facility and some other banking relationship benefits which will fetch you some good lifestyle based IndusInd credit cards.
I do not want any LTF premium cards as i don't need for my lifestyle. I am happy with the HDFC Money back credit card. The only worry for me is the capital safety rather than the facilities offered to me which i am not using much.

KGSIPO

TF Buzz

IndusInd Vs IDFC
Definitely Indusind leads? what is their NPAs?

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have no idea about the financial stability of either. I guess both are relatively stable. From a usability and reliability viewpoint:
It is very easy to invest in IPOs using IDFC. I do it all the time. Sadly, I haven't got a single allotment after LIC
IDFC Net Banking platform seems more stable than IndusInd (which often logs me out, no idea why). On the negative side, I am not at all impressed by the IDFC programmers (based on a problem I had)

Last edited:

KGSIPO

TF Buzz
I have no idea about the financial stability of either. I guess both are relatively stable. From a usability and reliability viewpoint:
It is very easy to invest in IPOs using IDFC. I do it all the time. Sadly, I haven't got a single allotment after LIC
IDFC Net Banking platform seems more stable than IndusInd (which often logs me out, no idea why). On the negative side I am not at all impressed by the IDFC programmers (based on a problem I had)
Do you use the saving account money to apply in IPO or using FDs to apply in IPO

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I want to park a good amoount of capital as deposits either in Indusind bank or IDFC First bank. Both are paying similar interest rates. Which bank is safer for the amount beyond 5 lakhs. The share price of Indusind bank is Rs.1548 and the share price of IDFC First bank is only Rs.83. Does it mean Indusind bank is safer than IDFC First bank. Based on your inputs, I will open a savings acount with them. Please do not advice to split the amount as I want to put the deposit in a single bank for some exclusive reasons.
If your read the comment, the confusion on stock price and safety isn't linked It the company profitably which is the key and both are safe. I have idfc wealth account and I found it app and service easier. Never visited idfc branch even though it seem it near but never Try to find where is it plus it offer all the service I needed. So I would say go for idfc and yes I have parked more than amount you have asked and been maintaining it for a good amount of month and interest on 5 lakhs come to 1636 vs 10 lakhs saving to 4500 to 4700 so that 5.38% isn't accurate and plus I have multiple fd with idfc wealth too. Someone had a few issue regarding freeze on his idfc account so I don't use this account for upi. Just for stock amount need to debit so funding the account in a year or so.

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
He just wants to park money. A very large sum too. You gave detailed steps on getting a high variant acc for 0 AMB which I don’t think is what he is after at all. You didn’t answer any of his actual questions bhaiya
Thik hai jaisa aap kahein. Aap Kah rahe hain to sahi hi hoga. Meri hi bhool thi shayad bhrata

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I do not want any LTF premium cards as i don't need for my lifestyle. I am happy with the HDFC Money back credit card. The only worry for me is the capital safety rather than the facilities offered to me which i am not using much.
They both have same CRISIL stability ratings. The only way to be safe is -

"Not to put all eggs in one basket".

Deal with multitude of them to reduce risk.

Post in thread 'INDUSIND VS IDFC FIRST BANK- SAFETY BEYOND 5 LAKHS' https://www.technofino.in/community...-bank-safety-beyond-5-lakhs.25466/post-606550

Reactions: SSV