• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank vs IDFC First Bank

Vg18

TF Buzz
What will be better better option between the two for primary Savings Account with 10k AMB?

Personally was thinking of ICICI but can't find proper info about their accounts on their site, so just sceptical. Is is it a good bank? How are their services? And what about their charges? Also I have heard that they freeze account randomly, is it true? And if yes ,on what ground do they do this and how to unfreeze? Will you guys suggest to chose this?

In IDFC, my friends are impressed by their services. But I am skeptical as it is a new bank as compared to others, and it might not be stable. Although all info is present on their website.

Please give your suggestions and share
your experience with the above two banks.😊

pprakash11

TF Prestige
ICICI & IDFC, I hold both accounts. Both banks have exceptionally the best their in-app experiences. Their tech is by far the best.
I haven't experienced account freeze in any of two since last 3 years & 2 years respectively.

Both banks 10K savings account will fetch you pre-approved credit cards.

ICICI since it's a very old and stable (financially important) it has more tendency to attract the crowd.
ICICI Customer Support is very good (my opinion, can be negative as well for others)
You can chose any of the two.
However, these days IDFC Customer support has somewhat become slow.

Pros & cons are with both.

Few differences which I could figure out:
ICICI 10K:
Debit Card: Chargeable, 150+ GST
SMS Charges: Chargeable
IMPS: Chargeable

IDFC:
Debit Card: Free
SMS Charges: Free
IMPS: Free

Vg18

TF Buzz
ICICI online a/c is similar to what they provide from branch or different? And if anyone how has opened online has been your experience with that?