• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

INDUSIND VS IDFC FIRST BANK- SAFETY BEYOND 5 LAKHS

KGSIPO

TF Buzz
I want to park a good amoount of capital as deposits either in Indusind bank or IDFC First bank. Both are paying similar interest rates. Which bank is safer for the amount beyond 5 lakhs. The share price of Indusind bank is Rs.1548 and the share price of IDFC First bank is only Rs.83. Does it mean Indusind bank is safer than IDFC First bank. Based on your inputs, I will open a savings acount with them. Please do not advice to split the amount as I want to put the deposit in a single bank for some exclusive reasons.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
See majority of Indian Banks are too big to fail. If any fails that will be directly linked to economy.

1. SBI
2. HDFC
3. ICICI
4. Union Bank of India
5. Axis Bank
6. IndusInd Bank
7. IDFC Bank
8. Kotak Mahindra Bank
9. Some other PSU's like UCO, Indian, Bank of Baroda are too big to fail. Just check the benefits you get for maintaining the balance. If you want to stay away from risk stay away from Small Finance banks, rest all are good to go.

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
He just wants to park money. A very large sum too. You gave detailed steps on getting a high variant acc for 0 AMB which I don’t think is what he is after at all. You didn’t answer any of his actual questions bhaiya
Sometimes it's about discussion not answers 😁

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I want to park a good amoount of capital as deposits either in Indusind bank or IDFC First bank. Both are paying similar interest rates. Which bank is safer for the amount beyond 5 lakhs. The share price of Indusind bank is Rs.1548 and the share price of IDFC First bank is only Rs.83. Does it mean Indusind bank is safer than IDFC First bank. Based on your inputs, I will open a savings acount with them. Please do not advice to split the amount as I want to put the deposit in a single bank for some exclusive reasons.
If it is me in your situation to choose between IndusInd and IDFC for the stated purpose:
I would choose…
IndusInd

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
The amount in flexi fd or linked fd in some banks is equal to the fd amount in savings account. With that, you can apply IPO. For stand alone FD, you cannot use to apply for IPO
But fd amount get diluted right.
I thought more like OD facility

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I have an option of Kotak also but i am heard about lot of freeze issue and their customer care is zero. Is kotak better than Indusind / IDFC First bank
If u find good Rm / BM .. bank experience will be good .

But if u meet 40-50 s aunty sitting in kotak. Bank
U won't visit the bank again

Indusind will have home banking for so many things with Grande & above account..
You should try it

In kotak if u take privy black program expect something good else it's a L bank

Ask @vijay.vj he recently visited kotak for black privy

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
See many suggestions pour up to you and you get confused.

As @SSV mentioned simple answer to your question is IndusInd. Once you've decided with IndusInd negotiate with them better benefits like locker facility and some other banking relationship benefits which will fetch you some good lifestyle based IndusInd credit cards.
Ask their metal card ltf 🥶

Yoo indusind is good choice from idfc
Anyday

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Ask their metal card ltf 🥶

Yoo indusind is good choice from idfc
Anyday
Pioneer Heritage Metal card usually LTF asking price is 190000 + GST.

But you can negotiate with RM for 1-1.25L+GST if you have good relationship. Indulge usually will be given LTF at 90K+GST you can request your RM at 50K+GST (But in rare cases and long standing relationship) works. Not immediately.

Indulge has 1.5% base reward rate, Pioneer Heritage Metal has 1% base reward rate.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
My nearest Indusind bank is 50 kms from my residence .and i have to do everything digitally only. As all advised, all depends on the RM sometimes.
If u negotiate well and maintain 50l + relationship they will come
For home banking 50kms + once a month for sure