• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Infinia Add-on card Priority Pass use no longer free in India

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I just received an add-on Infinia today but the Priority Pass that came with it had a sticker that said:

"Your Priority Pass must be used outside India only. Swiping it within India will attract charges as per the schedule of charges. For lounge visits within India, use your Regalia credit card..."

Does this mean the benefit of domestic use on Add-on Infinia cards is no longer valid or is this some error (possibly a Regalia Priority Pass sticker pasted accidentally)?

PP-AO.jpeg

Dad0h0j0

TF Premier
Add on as in Add on card not priority pass, As add on card holder you can also get another priority pass. so 2 Infinia and 2 priority pass in term of ADD ON

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have used the Infinia PP within India and it works just fine. Same should be the case with the Add-on. The label might be wrongly placed... maybe applicable for Regalia credit card. There's only one way to find out.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You can use this pp on indian airports at international terminals. And technically it should work.

As per government, once you successfully exited the departure immigration counter, and got a stamp on your passport which says you exited india on that date - officially you're "out of india". And the lounges are AFTER the immigration. So technically you are going into an international lounge which are already "out of india".

You can take this to rbi and indian government any day.

Akinich

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
That's a mistake on HDFCs card team.

Priority pass can be used by primary card holders and add ons within and outside India without any restrictions.

Screenshot from HDFCs website attached!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240510_212842_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240510_212842_Chrome.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 18

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You can use this pp on indian airports at international terminals. And technically it should work.

As per government, once you successfully exited the departure immigration counter, and got a stamp on your passport which says you exited india on that date - officially you're "out of india". And the lounges are AFTER the immigration. So technically you are going into an international lounge which are already "out of india".

You can take this to rbi and indian government any day.
Absolutely not. All lounges in India are considered domestic lounges. You don't depart India until your aircraft has left Indian airspace.
However, PP is not charged for main cardholder or add ons in India on Infinia.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have used the Infinia PP within India and it works just fine. Same should be the case with the Add-on. The label might be wrongly placed... maybe applicable for Regalia credit card. There's only one way to find out.
I used it a couple of weeks ago for myself and add on. No charges whatsoever. Normally PP is chargeable in India but Infinia is an exception. They either overlooked it for the Infinia label and used the same label or they want to discouage its use.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
what's the practical diff between accessing a lounge by using a cc v/s using a pp?
For domestic lounges bank will have tie up with Indian lounges aggregators like Encalm, Bird Lounges, Plaza Premium etc..

For International lounges bank will tie up with PP or DF, Dragon Pass, Lounge Key (In this case these lounge aggregators will have tie up with international lounges)