• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Metal vs Magnus for Burgundy Sep 2024 (What's the difference)

uchitshah

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello Friends,

I already have Axis Magnus for Burgundy LTF as my daily use card.

I fortunately came across some good contact in HDFC Bank, so far I have zero relationship with HDFC Bank except Millennia CC, he promised on opening saving account and just doing FD of 30 lacs, he will 100% be able to get approval for Infinia, even HDFC BM promised same to me. Tho Infinia won't be LTF, I would have to pay 12.5k + GST as joining and annual fees.

Paying Joining fees is not an issue.

But, I need your all honest opinion should I consider getting Infinia also.

What is something different that Infinia brings to the table.

I seriously could not find any proper discussion between HDFC Infinia and Axis Magnus 4 Burgundy (LTF)

My spend is around 1 lac per month.

How should I manage my expenses

Thank you in advance.

Hello Friends,

I fortunately came across some good contact in HDFC Bank, so far I have zero relationship with HDFC Bank except Millennia CC, he promised on opening saving account and just doing FD of 30 lacs, he will 100% be able to get approval for Infinia, even HDFC BM promised same to me. Tho Infinia won't be LTF, I would have to pay 12.5k + GST as joining and annual fees.

I seriously could not find any proper discussion between HDFC Infinia and Axis Magnus 4 Burgundy (LTF)

Thank you in advance.
You dont need Infinia if you have M4B, specially not by giving anything to the bank! dont block ur 30 lakhs with them just for infinia..

Hello Friends,

Thank you in advance.
This is my analysis

Hello Friends,

Thank you in advance.
Not worth it man. you ask them you'll open savings account with a big cheque. but don't block 30L in FD for infinia especially when you have M4B.

Infinia is a great card. To me personally it is far more usable:

1. 16.6% returns on AGV, Flipkart, Myntra, Zomato, Swiggy and name any other brand voucher you need
2. All points are usable to book domestic Air tickets... Vistara, Air India, Indigo, Akasa Air etc.... My overall flight expenses have reduced by 70-75% due to Infinia... and I travel a lot domestically with family
3. Booking domestic non branded hotels when you travel to hill stations and do a lot of road trips... I travel a lot to such destinations

I never miss a chance to use Infinia and it is my preferred card on above spends, even though I also have M4B and I have too many Accor points :)
Other areas where Infinia rocks - HDFC Ergo insurance and Car insurance, where the agent gives me good discount by paying via payment link that accept only CCs, loading gosats card etc.

However, I got it without any commitment based on Salary and 6 month spends >7.5L on DCB that I had before M4B came into existence

Booking 30L FD for it probably does not make sense, unless your net worth is higher and 30L FD is only small part of it

30L at 6-7% for a paid CC? you should know the answer yourself man!! you can get way more than what infinia has to offer is you are able to invest that amount sensibly!

If you have surplus cash and don’t mind parking it briefly in HDFC, then maybe you can park 10L (gets you Imperia account)

Plus get an assurance from HDFC that they’ll give you Infinia Reserve, that appears to be round the corner.

Not worth it man. you ask them you'll open savings account with a big cheque. but don't block 30L in FD for infinia especially when you have M4B.
Just opening a saving account and keeping money at 3.5% is useless
Better to have it in FD and earn 7.25% interest.
As such I am not going to use this account.

My banking is already set and working fine, I am opening this account only for Infinia.

Infinia is a great card. To me personally it is far more usable:

1. 16.6% returns on AGV, Flipkart, Myntra, Zomato, Swiggy and name any other brand voucher you need
2. All points are usable to book domestic Air tickets... Vistara, Air India, Indigo, Akasa Air etc.... My overall flight expenses have reduced by 70-75% due to Infinia... and I travel a lot domestically with family
3. Booking domestic non branded hotels when you travel to hill stations and do a lot of road trips... I travel a lot to such destinations

I never miss a chance to use Infinia and it is my preferred card on above spends, even though I also have M4B and I have too many Accor points :)
Other areas where Infinia rocks - HDFC Ergo insurance and Car insurance, where the agent gives me good discount by paying via payment link that accept only CCs, loading gosats card etc.

However, I got it without any commitment based on Salary and 6 month spends >7.5L on DCB that I had before M4B came into existence

Booking 30L FD for it probably does not make sense, unless your net worth is higher and 30L FD is only small part of it
Spending 8lac and more on Millenia is useless in compare to return I will get in using M4B, instead to do FD is better, I generally do not prefer FD, but honestly It does not hurt me if 30 lac is secure in FD for 18 months. I could have negotiated at 25l also, but 30 is okay fine for 18 months, money will be secure eventually.

Even for DCB I had same option for FD, but then thought if have to do FD only whats wrong with Infinia only.

Spending 8lac and more on Millenia is useless in compare to return I will get in using M4B, instead to do FD is better, I generally do not prefer FD, but honestly It does not hurt me if 30 lac is secure in FD for 18 months. I could have negotiated at 25l also, but 30 is okay fine for 18 months, money will be secure eventually.

Even for DCB I had same option for FD, but then thought if have to do FD only whats wrong with Infinia only.
See if it does not hurt and you are not deviating from your investment principles, then go ahead... But don't do anything out of the way to get this card

In my opinion, if they give Infinia LTF then you might thing of parking 30L (or more) in FD for 1 year or 18 months. You can get 7% returns and take it out after that. you should negotiate for Infinia LTF
In the mean time have some decent returns on spends done on Infinia.

you might have a different take on this, but i personally feel even if money is secured in FD, its losing a lot of its actual value, especially with the higher and higher inflation every month!

In my opinion, if they give Infinia LTF then you might thing of parking 30L (or more) in FD for 1 year or 18 months. You can get 7% returns and take it out after that. you should negotiate for Infinia LTF
In the mean time have some decent returns on spends done on Infinia.
To be honest I have zero relationship with HDFC, so Infinia that also LTF seems to be difficult, it could have been possible if I had few years of relationship history, tho I will definitely negotiate for it and yes fd only for 18 months.

You dont need Infinia if you have M4B, specially not by giving anything to the bank! dont block ur 30 lakhs with them just for infinia..
Even for M4B there is a commitment to maintain the True Burgundy status. It's not that we can keep M4B LTF with 0 balance in the account and 0 FDs.

M4B, Infinia have both their adv and disadvantage.. Everyone above Premier or Legend Status TFians have both the cards and use them wisely.

How much FD have they asked you for DCB?

Just opening a saving account and keeping money at 3.5% is useless
Better to have it in FD and earn 7.25% interest.
As such I am not going to use this account.

My banking is already set and working fine, I am opening this account only for Infinia.
If that's what you have in mind, then you can create FD anywhere

Basically, you need to figure out the pros and cons of the card (and whether you need it and why).

You have mentioned that your spends are around 1 Lakh per month, so if they are offline spends or on websites where you can not pay via Gift Cards (or are in exclusion list of Magnus), then Infinia would suit you for tha

If you are not going to cross 1.5L spends on Magnus, then you won't receive that sweet 14% return on next spends either.

If you use Amazon, then Infinia would give you around 14% in returns (as pts are redeemable at 1:1 for tanishq/apple/flights/hotels). Similarly, hotel booking via smartbuy would fetch 33% while flight booking would fetch 16% approx (Infinia has point capping and so, magnus would win in flights scenario as well in some hotel booking scenarios).

But, you will have to pay 2250 for Infinia, while no cost of Magnus.

So it all depends on first, why you want the card and then later on how well you are going to use it.

People are fans of both, but you need to figure how well the card would cater to you (as you would be paying for it).

My assumption is that Magnus is for high spenders (who spend more than 2L every month) while Infinia is for everyone (as base reward is higher) and so, if you spend around 80/90k, while booking flight/hotel once in a quarter, then Infinia would give better rewards (my assumption as per spend pattern, dont have concrete proof or calculations as grandmaster drsel). When you plan a trip (or know that your spends would be more than 2L this month with flight/hotels), then Magnus would be a better choice (except some scenarios like bank asking for proof of spends after some time)

If that's what you have in mind, then you can create FD anywhere

Basically, you need to figure out the pros and cons of the card (and whether you need it and why).

You have mentioned that your spends are around 1 Lakh per month, so if they are offline spends or on websites where you can not pay via Gift Cards (or are in exclusion list of Magnus), then Infinia would suit you for tha

If you are not going to cross 1.5L spends on Magnus, then you won't receive that sweet 14% return on next spends either.

If you use Amazon, then Infinia would give you around 14% in returns (as pts are redeemable at 1:1 for tanishq/apple/flights/hotels). Similarly, hotel booking via smartbuy would fetch 33% while flight booking would fetch 16% approx (Infinia has point capping and so, magnus would win in flights scenario as well in some hotel booking scenarios).

But, you will have to pay 2250 for Infinia, while no cost of Magnus.

So it all depends on first, why you want the card and then later on how well you are going to use it.

People are fans of both, but you need to figure how well the card would cater to you (as you would be paying for it).

My assumption is that Magnus is for high spenders (who spend more than 2L every month) while Infinia is for everyone (as base reward is higher) and so, if you spend around 80/90k, while booking flight/hotel once in a quarter, then Infinia would give better rewards (my assumption as per spend pattern, dont have concrete proof or calculations as grandmaster drsel). When you plan a trip (or know that your spends would be more than 2L this month with flight/hotels), then Magnus would be a better choice (except some scenarios like bank asking for proof of spends after some time)
Thank you, this is what I wanted indept analysis of what benefit Infinia will bring over and above me having Magnus for Burgundy.

Fd is not that a concern for me, as old school we always keep some small portion of our portfolio in FD, just bank will change.

Last edited:
How much FD have they asked you for DCB?
I didn't went into discussion regarding DCB, he said uske liye bhi FD Karwana padega toh mil jayega, and instantly it stuck me, if I am doing FD only, i can concentrate on Infinia also, why inquire more about DCB, Directly just ask for Infinia only, don't give them option of DCB only.

Last edited: