• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

INFINIA PLASTIC LTF TO METAL

ADITYA1904

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi, anyone having hdfc infinia plastic lifetime free card converted successfully to metal version lifetime free on basis of strong relationship and previous spendings? Please share your thoughts…

Tejo

TF Legend
Hi, anyone having hdfc infinia plastic lifetime free card converted successfully to metal version lifetime free on basis of strong relationship and previous spendings? Please share your thoughts…
Metal ltf nhi

Hdfc won't care relationship

Spends? May matter but metal ltf nhi 🤣🤣

Tejo

TF Legend
B

But i am sure hdfc gave someone ltf metal on basis of relationship…just no one is saying…
You are premier one, I hope you know power of technofino page.

Once spend as you can, not fake spends later for 3months don't use then request for ltf.

What's your infinia limit?

• Dislike
Reactions: 1RC

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am going to give you a very realistic picture and no BS answer. It won't happen. HDFC BANK may want to give you but they won't give you.

Let me explain - I am an Imperia banking customer @Hdfc and my RM is dud. She is pure dud. I am sure she is very competent at selling and meeting her targets but she is a complete ZERO when it comes to addressing client needs. Sending emails to RM is wasted efforts, just give them a call that too sometime they say let me get back to you with a solution and end of story. Same applies to my RM at Axis Burgundy. Lucky for me the Branch manager at Axis thinks of me as very important and always greets me by my last name whenever I call him and is very quick to address my issues. Whereas HDFC BM is opposite story, I don't even know him. So RM and BM are busy with their own interest.

Why I am telling you this - the RMs appointed by most banks are never! never! up to date with any new offers or internal practices that bank may have. Heck my RM at HDFC was not even 100% on Infinia as handling CC is not their thing so they only know certain banking products which they are supposed to sell. Even if there is a way to upgrade you to Metal variant, your RM won;t bat for you. It's not their competency.

Now coming to your BM, if they think you are who's who, they may try to please you to certain extent (only if you or your family holds a very big NRV in his/her branch, which is not HNI heavy already). Even thats a long shot to push them to email multiple times to request credit cards team to change your exisiting product to Metal LTF. So don't bother too much, if you have the PVC LTF card then stick to it or else be fine with paying 18% GST (net) on metal variant.

1RC

Last edited:

ADITYA1904

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am going to give you a very realistic picture and no BS answer. It won't happen. HDFC BANK may want to give you but they won't give you.

Let me explain - I am an Imperia banking customer @Hdfc and my RM is dud. She is pure dud. I am sure she is very competent at selling and meeting her targets but she is a complete ZERO when it comes to addressing client needs. Sending emails to RM is wasted efforts, just give them a call that too sometime they say let me get back to you with a solution and end of story. Same applies to my RM at Axis Burgundy. Lucky for me the Branch manager at Axis thinks of me as very important and always greets me by my last name whenever I call him and is very quick to address my issues. Whereas HDFC BM is opposite story, I don't even know him. So RM and BM are busy with their own interest.

Why I am telling you this - the RMs appointed by most banks are never! never! up to date with any new offers or internal practices that bank may have. Heck my RM at HDFC was not even 100% on Infinia as handling CC is not their thing so they only know certain banking products which they are supposed to sell. Even if there is a way to upgrade you to Metal variant, your RM won;t bat for you. It's not their competency.

Now coming to your BM, if they think you are who's who, they may try to please you to certain extent (only if you or your family holds a very big NRV in his/her branch, which is not HNI heavy already). Even thats a long shot to push them to email multiple times to request credit cards team to change your exisiting product to Metal LTF. So don't bother too much, if you have the PVC LTF card then stick to it or else be fine with paying 18% GST (net) on metal variant.

1RC
Thanks…

neogen

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Basic question - why?

What is the difference between the two except for the form factor?

bitsst

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Plastic will be renewed to Plastic and Metal will be renewed to Metal.

In October'22, my plastic Infinia was renewed to plastic Infinia, number remained same, CVV and expiry changed.

In June'23, offer popped up for upgrade to Metal Infinia, I accepted it. Number, Expiry & CVV everything changed.

LTF Infinia Metal, is not a common thing as of now, at least I have not heard.

neogen

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Plastic will be renewed to Plastic and Metal will be renewed to Metal.

In October'22, my plastic Infinia was renewed to plastic Infinia, number remained same, CVV and expiry changed.

In June'23, offer popped up for upgrade to Metal Infinia, I accepted it. Number, Expiry & CVV everything changed.

LTF Infinia Metal, is not a common thing as of now, at least I have not heard.
Metal Infinia paid or LTF?

What are the benefits over plastic Infinia?

shsinha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have option to upgrade Infinia LTF to metal Infinia. But detail says that annual fees applicable. So, I don't proceed. If customer call me to Upgrade and confirm that it will be LTF, then only I will upgrade. Till then, no need to worry.

bitsst

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Metal Infinia paid or LTF?

What are the benefits over plastic Infinia?
Absolutely no benefits as on today. Fees and Waiver point elevated. That's it.

However, if in future Infinia Reserve (or whatever ) if launched, may be it will be easier to upgrade. Minimum time interval between upgrades is 06 months.

kautilya

TF Buzz
Let me explain - I am an Imperia banking customer @Hdfc and my RM is dud. She is pure dud. I am sure she is very competent at selling and meeting her targets but she is a complete ZERO when it comes to addressing client needs. Sending emails to RM is wasted efforts, just give them a call that too sometime they say let me get back to you with a solution and end of story. Same applies to my RM at Axis Burgundy.
Couldn't agree more. In my exp most (not all) RMs in HDFC & Axis have been duds. Only good thing my last RM in HDFC did was upgrade my card to Infinia as LTF. I didn't want it, she insisted & I relented & my card got upgraded to Infinia LTF. Current RM, a total dud like all RMs, calls only to push nonsense products & if there is any concern regarding anything then the standard reply is that she will check & call-back & that just never happens!

I think banks should change the term from Relationship Manager to Dedicated Sales Executive instead since the people are hardly interested in maintaining the relationship between bank & customer and are more interested in pushing nonsensical products. :)