• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Infinia Upgrade Journey

Winskrill

TF Buzz
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to share my journey through various cards with HDFC Bank upto Infinia. May help others for the same.

2019 -> Joined a new company which created a HDFC Bank Salary Account
2019 -> Within 2 months got an offer for LTF Diners Club "Miles" Card. I was not well-versed with the CC Game at that time. I took the card as the rewards were decent for me.
2020 -> Within 8 months got an offer to upgrade my Limit and Card to Diners Club Privilege with 5 Lakh Limit from 3.5L previously.
2021 => After a year or so again got an upgrade offer to FYF Diners Club Black finally with a limit increase to 6.6Lakh ( I was all into the CC Game by this time)
2022 (Feb) => Got another Credit Limit enhancement offer to 8 Lakhs and started my pursuit for Infinia via the escalation.cc@hdfcbank.com email address. Rejected almost immediately the next day.

2022 (July) => HDFC Bank Account got upgraded to Imperia via Father Family umbrella.

2022 (Aug) => Made another attempt via the Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com email. Another immediate rejection. No reasons or eligibility criteria were mentioned at all in the reply. By this time my expenses were somewhere around 8 Lakhs in a year.

2023 (July) => Again made another attempt via Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com and this time I mentioned everything properly with the Upgrade form etc. I was meeting almost all the requirements. I had an Imperia Account, Salary was credited to HDFC, Assured Savings policy with HDFC, 8 Lakh Limits, and Spent 7.5 Lakhs in the last 6 months.
Again Rejected immediately. This time they mentioned that the limit needed for Infinia was 10 Lakhs. Although I was a regular visitor of TechnoFino, I knew that was not the case.

2023 (Oct) => Read a lot of posts here in the TechnoFino community of people who kept trying and succeded. @TechnoFino Thanks for your detailed post. I again tried with the same details as my previous request and finally after 3 days of patience. I got a reply that they are able to upgrade my DCB to Infinia. And after that mail had to wait for 7 Days for the confirmation. I was upgraded to FYF Infinia. The card showed up in the HDFC Mobile App almost immediately.

It will be delivered by today or max tomorrow. :)

Update 1: The card got delivered!

Conclusion, Don't give up. ;)

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to share my journey through various cards with HDFC Bank upto Infinia. May help others for the same.

2019 -> Within 2 months got an offer for LTF Diners Club "Miles" Card. I was not well-versed with the CC Game at that time. I took the card as the rewards were decent for me.
2020 -> Within 8 months got an offer to upgrade my Limit and Card to Diners Club Privilege with 5 Lakh Limit from 3.5L previously.
2021 => After a year or so again got an upgrade offer to FYF Diners Club Black finally with a limit increase to 6.6Lakh ( I was all into the CC Game by this time)
2022 (Feb) => Got another Credit Limit enhancement offer to 8 Lakhs and started my pursuit for Infinia via the escalation.cc@hdfcbank.com email address. Rejected almost immediately the next day.

2022 (July) => HDFC Bank Account got upgraded to Imperia via Father Family umbrella.

2022 (Aug) => Made another attempt via the Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com email. Another immediate rejection. No reasons or eligibility criteria were mentioned at all in the reply. By this time my expenses were somewhere around 8 Lakhs in a year.

2023 (July) => Again made another attempt via Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com and this time I mentioned everything properly with the Upgrade form etc. I was meeting almost all the requirements. I had an Imperia Account, Salary was credited to HDFC, Assured Savings policy with HDFC, 8 Lakh Limits, and Spent 7.5 Lakhs in the last 6 months.
Again Rejected immediately. This time they mentioned that the limit needed for Infinia was 10 Lakhs. Although I was a regular visitor of TechnoFino, I knew that was not the case.

2023 (Oct) => Read a lot of posts here in the TechnoFino community of people who kept trying and succeded. @TechnoFino Thanks for your detailed post. I again tried with the same details as my previous request and finally after 3 days of patience. I got a reply that they are able to upgrade my DCB to Infinia. And after that mail had to wait for 7 Days for the confirmation. I was upgraded to FYF Infinia. The card showed up in the HDFC Mobile App almost immediately.

Congratulations 🎉 for your INFINIA card & 4 years of patience.

I'm sure your thread for Infinia will help others.

Hello Everyone,

just a small query.... What's your monthly salary (if u don't wanna disclose, may inform the range)?

All will make it ! Hausla rakho buland !

Work so hard ke Hdfc bank apke piche bhaage ki sir infinia lelo

Hustling Dave Chappelle GIF
!

Congrats brother !! Almost everyone will be interested and waiting for that day if anyone got upgraded to INFINIA Metal from our beloved Moneyback+ credit card. This will mark the end of Kalyug 😁
Someone did recently.

Congrats brother !! Almost everyone will be interested and waiting for that day if anyone got upgraded to INFINIA Metal from our beloved Moneyback+ credit card. This will mark the end of Kalyug 😁
I got an upgrade on my 2005 MoneyBack with 12L limit to Infinia this week. Took a lot of patience and escalations :LOL:. Last 6 months spend was my issue but having 20 years salary account and a plan to move to AXIS did the trick. Full credit to my CRM.

Money back with 12 lac limit 🥵
How would you convince yourself to use money-back so often ?
That wass the issue which I was fighting on with HDFC. Who uses MB for such spends. I have APay so all Amazon shopping used to get 5% cashback. I was missing the rewards game and so initiated the thread to get Infinia. 2 rejections but I pressed CRM and used AXIS bank move as leverage.

If HDFC can ignore 20 years salary account customer like me, there was no way I would have continued. So this is not just a case of CC relationship but salary as well. Finally my CRM convinced CC dept about my case and got the card this week. I was offered Burgundy and Magnus for Burgundy by AXIS.

How HDFC Pre-approved credit card process works? I am getting few cards under pre-approved website link: Identify Yourself -> Choose Your Card -> Confirm Your Details -> Submit & Receive however credit limit is not mentioned anywhere.

How HDFC Pre-approved credit card process works? I am getting few cards under pre-approved website link: Identify Yourself -> Choose Your Card -> Confirm Your Details -> Submit & Receive however credit limit is not mentioned anywhere.
You'll get email with limit mentioned

Or you can see limit in net banking, offers section.

Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 12.10.58 PM.png

In netbanking nowhere limit was mentioned in offers section. Also, no email was received from HDFC. I just went to the HDFC pre-approved website as shown in the screenshot, there some credit cards were mentioned that I am eligible for so I applied and after final submit I got a response that I will receive my credit card in 7-10 working days at my address.

View attachment 34128

In netbanking nowhere limit was mentioned in offers section. Also, no email was received from HDFC. I just went to the HDFC pre-approved website as shown in the screenshot, there some credit cards were mentioned that I am eligible for so I applied and after final submit I got a response that I will receive my credit card in 7-10 working days at my address.
Yes, this link is of pre approved offer.

But limit should be mentioned in netbanking or ever you got email from HDFC with limit mentioned?

View attachment 34128

Anyway, track the application with application no on HDFC site & see if it's approved.

Back