• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Infinia Upgrade Journey

Winskrill

TF Buzz
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to share my journey through various cards with HDFC Bank upto Infinia. May help others for the same.

2019 -> Joined a new company which created a HDFC Bank Salary Account
2019 -> Within 2 months got an offer for LTF Diners Club "Miles" Card. I was not well-versed with the CC Game at that time. I took the card as the rewards were decent for me.
2020 -> Within 8 months got an offer to upgrade my Limit and Card to Diners Club Privilege with 5 Lakh Limit from 3.5L previously.
2021 => After a year or so again got an upgrade offer to FYF Diners Club Black finally with a limit increase to 6.6Lakh ( I was all into the CC Game by this time)
2022 (Feb) => Got another Credit Limit enhancement offer to 8 Lakhs and started my pursuit for Infinia via the escalation.cc@hdfcbank.com email address. Rejected almost immediately the next day.

2022 (July) => HDFC Bank Account got upgraded to Imperia via Father Family umbrella.

2022 (Aug) => Made another attempt via the Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com email. Another immediate rejection. No reasons or eligibility criteria were mentioned at all in the reply. By this time my expenses were somewhere around 8 Lakhs in a year.

2023 (July) => Again made another attempt via Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com and this time I mentioned everything properly with the Upgrade form etc. I was meeting almost all the requirements. I had an Imperia Account, Salary was credited to HDFC, Assured Savings policy with HDFC, 8 Lakh Limits, and Spent 7.5 Lakhs in the last 6 months.
Again Rejected immediately. This time they mentioned that the limit needed for Infinia was 10 Lakhs. Although I was a regular visitor of TechnoFino, I knew that was not the case.

2023 (Oct) => Read a lot of posts here in the TechnoFino community of people who kept trying and succeded. @TechnoFino Thanks for your detailed post. I again tried with the same details as my previous request and finally after 3 days of patience. I got a reply that they are able to upgrade my DCB to Infinia. And after that mail had to wait for 7 Days for the confirmation. I was upgraded to FYF Infinia. The card showed up in the HDFC Mobile App almost immediately.

It will be delivered by today or max tomorrow. :)

Update 1: The card got delivered!

Conclusion, Don't give up. ;)

Last edited:
Is there any salary criteria as well? And do you satisfy it?
I didn't qualify for the salary criteria, Which I heard initially was 2.75 LPM but later they also said is 3+ LPM.
I just had a good relationship with the bank and the most important was 7.5 L spends in the last 6 months. I got the upgrade on request with 8 L limit itself.
I also feel it depends on the mood of the agent too sometimes. Maybe I am wrong. But if you look at my post, I had the 7.5 Lakhs spends once previously too. Still was rejected.

I didn't qualify for the salary criteria, Which I heard initially was 2.75 LPM but later they also said is 3+ LPM.
I just had a good relationship with the bank and the most important was 7.5 L spends in the last 6 months. I got the upgrade on request with 8 L limit itself.
I also feel it depends on the mood of the agent too sometimes. Maybe I am wrong. But if you look at my post, I had the 7.5 Lakhs spends once previously too. Still was rejected.
I am using HDFC Credit cards for last 15 years and using Regalia LTF for last 6-7 years with limit of 15L. On reading this forum, I sent mail for upgrade or Limit Enhancement but was offered Regalia Gold with FYF which I politely declined. I fulfill all criteria of upgrade with decent monthly income, 50L+ ITR, 7.5L+ spend in last six months and 15L card limit.
Today I met my BM and showed my disappointment about Regalia DOWNGRADE...(Lounge Access). He called a person dealing with credit cards. He checked my credentials and offered INFINIA FYF. I am little unsure about this upgrade because of hefty Rs 12,500.00 plus Taxes as Annual Charges. Please help me to decide.

I am using HDFC Credit cards for last 15 years and using Regalia LTF for last 6-7 years with limit of 15L. On reading this forum, I sent mail for upgrade or Limit Enhancement but was offered Regalia Gold with FYF which I politely declined. I fulfill all criteria of upgrade with decent monthly income, 50L+ ITR, 7.5L+ spend in last six months and 15L card limit.
Today I met my BM and showed my disappointment about Regalia DOWNGRADE...(Lounge Access). He called a person dealing with credit cards. He checked my credentials and offered INFINIA FYF. I am little unsure about this upgrade because of hefty Rs 12,500.00 plus Taxes as Annual Charges. Please help me to decide.
If you travel, you get 12500/- worth of fees by redeeming the points as 1 RP=1/- for Infinia if you book hotel/flight through SmartBuy.

You'll get 12500 equivalent RP too, on renewal.

So it's worth upgrade 😄 if you can use.

My brother got dcb from moneyback before 3-4 years straight…
I could have got DCB too but thought to try for flagship first. Otherwise my backup plan was either of:

1. Move to AXIS bank for Burgundy account and get Magnus for Burgundy
2. Get DCB metal - SmartBuy spends and ICICI Emeralde metal - Offline spends and ICICI APay- 5% flat casshback for anything over Amazon voucher through SmartBuy

To meet the spending criteria (7.5L) a bit faster, can I pay the dues before statement generation and put another set of spends on my Regalia? I only have a 3L limit, which is already reached. OR do I've to wait for the statement generation, pay off the bill, and then again start putting expenses on it? Thanks!

To meet the spending criteria (7.5L) a bit faster, can I pay the dues before statement generation and put another set of spends on my Regalia? I only have a 3L limit, which is already reached. OR do I've to wait for the statement generation, pay off the bill, and then again start putting expenses on it? Thanks!
Yes, do spends as much as you want.

But don't go overlimit at any point of time, so you don't get charged overlimit fees.

I currently have a ltf dcb with limit 7.75L and spends of almost 7 lakhs in last 6 months, do not match the salary criteria for infinia.
Is 8 lakh limit a strict requirement?
Have dcb metal as pre approved in netbanking with same limit.

Back