• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

iPhone 15: Who is buying? And What Credit Card Should One Use For Maximum Value Back?

cardex

TF Premier
Now that the new fruit phone is out in its 15th iteration, who'se buying it & on which card?
iPhone 15 - ₹79,900 iPhone 15 Plus - ₹89,900 iPhone 15 Pro - ₹1,34,900 iPhone 15 Pro Max - ₹1,59,900

Last edited:
@S S V mystery baba,please see
@deep@vie , deep baba..
Please see this, I can get more and more evidence, if you need..please do let me know..

It's not an obligation, but they may consider..it is entirely upto Apple, not us..

and also in warranty there are different types, some basic level warranty and some advanced level. I don't remember the exact terms..this factor also plays a role.
Don't have further information with regard to this, but can be found online or with stores..

1694844233738.png

Last edited:
They can restrict it for 1 Year limited warranty

Apple may restrict warranty service for hardware products to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device. Apple may restrict warranty service for hardware products purchased in the EEA or Switzerland to the EEA and Switzerland.

For Applecare, it is different.

As far as I know iphones have no warranty or other issue,one can buy from anywhere in the world & can claim warranty anywhere.
Even some offline retailers sell phones brought from there.
The stores say the product has international warranty only in case of apple,never in case of Samsung or other brands.
@deep@vie , deep baba..
Please see this, I can get more and more evidence, if you need..please do let me know..

It's not an obligation, but they may consider..it is entirely upto Apple, not us..

and also in warranty there are different types, some basic level warranty and some advanced level. I don't remember the exact terms..this factor also plays a role.
Don't have further information with regard to this, but can be found online or with stores..

View attachment 29604

Applecare also obliges in most of the cases.
I guess if someone is saving 25%(50k) by buying from Dubai, he should go for it.

Yes,that's the best approach as they have to deal with then only if face an issue in future.
Exactly, I think upto some level they can cover, after that they may say" sorry please ".. Ididnt have to until now, hence can't provide the reality in Indian service centres.
Except for last iphone, all my iPhones were bought in Australia

Last edited:
I might got to Select citywalk Delhi Apple store on Monday. Will check with these guys directly about warranty status and update here.
When you do this, please get what is covered and what is not covered ..
and also let them know your source purchase channel.. there will be a lot of intricacies here

I might got to Select citywalk Delhi Apple store on Monday. Will check with these guys directly about warranty status and update here.
Just discussed someone, he says
Yes and no
There are 5 variants made of every iPhone.
1.USA
2.China/Hongkong/Mcau
3.Russia
4.Global variant
5.Canada/Japan

Every service centre in India has to repair/replace the iPhone,they can't deny if they deny one can complaint to apple.
If one have the varinat e.g. of USA & the part needs to be replaced is not available in India, then they can deny as they can't.
& if iPhone needs to be replaced then they will replace it with indian version only not the one you have.
Most important thing, One must carry invoice/bill.

Just discussed someone, he says
Yes and no
There are 5 variants made of every iPhone.
1.USA
2.China/Hongkong/Mcau
3.Russia
4.Global variant
5.Canada/Japan

Every service centre in India has to repair/replace the iPhone,they can't deny if they deny one can complaint to apple.
If one have the varinat e.g. of USA & the part needs to be replaced is not available in India, then they can deny as they can't.
& if iPhone needs to be replaced then they will replace it with indian version only not the one you have.
Most important thing, One must carry invoice/bill.

Hence my statement in above post..

there will be a lot of intricacies here

That's it from my side your honour !!!

What a company Apple! Throwing in very minute changes each year. I’ll probably upgrade my 11 pro max to 15 pro now. Almost half a decade of little to no change. I hope they open up more official stores across India to handle all the after sales services. The only reason I’m changing now is due to deteriorating battery life.

What a company Apple! Throwing in very minute changes each year. I’ll probably upgrade my 11 pro max to 15 pro now. Almost half a decade of little to no change. I hope they open up more official stores across India to handle all the after sales services. The only reason I’m changing now is due to deteriorating battery life.
If you're bored, why not try Android for a change?

the best place to buy Iphone in my opinion is HongKong. That also the pro model where the price difference is high. (94 k in hongkong). the benefit is that model has dual physical sim which no other model has.
if one is buying the regualr iphone it is best to buy in India. Price delta is not that much and one can get discounts /offers. No point buying base model outside India.

And like Dubai, Hongkong doesnot have any sales tax. So on current MRP, the difference in the pro model is a staggering 45k inr.
But for regular iphone, the price difference is only 6k Inr. Why buy base model outside for only 6k?

Last edited:
the best place to buy Iphone in my opinion is HongKong. That also the pro model where the price difference is high. (94 k in hongkong). the benefit is that model has dual physical sim which no other model has.
if one is buying the regualr iphone it is best to buy in India. Price delta is not that much and one can get discounts /offers. No point buying base model outside India.

And like Dubai, Hongkong doesnot have any sales tax. So on current MRP, the difference in the pro model is a staggering 45k inr.
But for regular iphone, the price difference is only 6k Inr. Why buy base model outside for only 6k?
Even if there is tax, you will get a tax refund in eligible countries if you're on a tourist visa, so the list can be expanded to other countries as well. So UAE(5% vat),Canada(13% vat), Thailand(7% vat), Australia(10% vat) and South Korea(10% vat) are also good places to buy an iphone. Japan is one of the cheapest if you avail tax refund(~10% vat refund).

Back