• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is everyone getting Amex Platinum charge card upgrade?

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This morning I received an email from Amex for a "Limited Period offer | Upgrade to Metal and 1,15,000 bonus points".

Are you all receiving this email?

My background:
I have a Personal Gold Charge Card and Corporate Green Card from Amex.

Life update:
In January of 2024, I took the offer and upgraded my Gold Charge card to Platinum Charge card with 135k offer.

Last edited:

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
A lot of these threads have popped up over the last few days, there's no other better card so GC, Plat Travel, Plat Reserve - everyone is being upgraded to Platinum Charge.

rockking1994

TF Premier
I got upgrade offer for platimun travel the thing is i applied for mrcc just a few days ago should i take the offer ? but its chargable 3.5k+GST and from second year its 5k+ gst

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I got upgrade offer for platimun travel the thing is i applied for mrcc just a few days ago should i take the offer ? but its chargable 3.5k+GST and from second year its 5k+ gst
Better to apply for a new Plat Travel using referral, you will get 2k MR points + 3.5k fees waived off + a limited edition Amex deck of cards.
And any expenses above 4L can be made using MRCC card, if you don't use it much, just close it after plat travel approval.

rockking1994

TF Premier
Better to apply for a new Plat Travel using referral, you will get 2k MR points + 3.5k fees waived off + a limited edition Amex deck of cards.
And any expenses above 4L can be made using MRCC card, if you don't use it much, just close it after plat travel approval.
Wont they make it free after aproval of platinum travel?

muigoku

TF Buzz
I do have an HDFC Infinia an I am happy with it but wanted to give a try on the AMEX Metal Card. Had few questions, will be great if someone can answer -
Q1) Say I apply and get the card but given taj vouchers instead of the MR points, if I don't activate the card I won't have to pay right?
Q2) Also is there a way to get it fixed for reward points even before applying for the same, may be via some agent or the call representative?
Q3) Can I use the reward points to buy products and vouchers too? What will the ratio be 1 reward points be equal to what amount?
Q4) Also heard these points are never expired this is still true or any change that has happened?

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
I do have an HDFC Infinia an I am happy with it but wanted to give a try on the AMEX Metal Card. Had few questions, will be great if someone can answer -
Q1) Say I apply and get the card but given taj vouchers instead of the MR points, if I don't activate the card I won't have to pay right?
Correct
Q2) Also is there a way to get it fixed for reward points even before applying for the same, may be via some agent or the call representative?
Nope,
Only upgrades are given the option afaik
Q3) Can I use the reward points to buy products and vouchers too? What will the ratio be 1 reward points be equal to what amount?
Yes
0.3 if I am not wrong
Q4) Also heard these points are never expired this is still true or any change that has happened?
Correct

muigoku

TF Buzz
Correct
Nope,
Only upgrades are given the option afaik
Yes
0.3 if I am not wrong
Correct
Thanks for the responses. So you suggest taking a MRCC card first and then wait for them to give a upgrade offer and not apply directly Amex Platinum Charge.

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi. I am also getting this offer of Amex Platinum CC upgrade with bonus MRs of 1,15,000.

I am holding HDFC Infinia, DCB, Axis Magnus Burgundy edition.

What is the maximum output in rupee value which I can get from these MRs of 1,15,000?

Please fill me in regarding the exact differentiators for an Amex Platinum CC compared to the above cards. A detailed and practical overview would be really helpful and appreciated.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Hi. I am also getting this offer of Amex Platinum CC upgrade with bonus MRs of 1,15,000.

What is the maximum output in rupee value which I can get from these MRs of 1,15,000?

Please fill me in regarding the exact differentiators for an Amex Platinum CC compared to the above cards. A detailed and practical overview would be really helpful and appreciated.
Check this thread:

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge

The value of points vary depending on how u redeem. There are a lot of posts discussing this. Please search

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
just a question to all those who received the offer, when you are given an upgrade offer you would still have to pay the annual fees right or is it free for the first year?
You still have to pay all the fees.

Put it this way,

If all the card users take up their "upgrade" offer offered by Amex..
then...
It will definitely be an UPGRADE in Amex's profits...not so sure about in the case of customers..
Most likely it will be a downgrade for their personal finances ,if they continue to hold on to their card from 2nd year onwards..