• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is everyone getting Amex Platinum charge card upgrade?

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This morning I received an email from Amex for a "Limited Period offer | Upgrade to Metal and 1,15,000 bonus points".

Are you all receiving this email?

My background:
I have a Personal Gold Charge Card and Corporate Green Card from Amex.

Life update:
In January of 2024, I took the offer and upgraded my Gold Charge card to Platinum Charge card with 135k offer.

Last edited:

KraBalu

TF Buzz
Even I got the emails from last two days, just thought to have a premium card but then. Thought that anyway I won’t spend touch on vacation hotels .
Just wanted HDFC infinia even though I have salary account and good salary

Noaxis

TF Buzz
Need help with Amex: ex Amex MRCC user here, had a long call with Amex customer support on March 20, expressed my interest for Platinum Charge Card, but only if I get 1,35,000 points. To which, rep sought for an exception, and confirmed that exception has been granted, and told that I need to apply through online channel (with Taj 45k voucher benefit), and before activation of card, need to call them for change in welcome benefits.

Fast Forward 6 days: Got card, called customer support, and now they are denying giving the said benefit. Completely unexpected from Amex Team. Tried escalating the same to their India CEO and customer relations head, got an automated email stating that I will get reply within 3 days, no reply after that again. I have a lot of travel plans lined up in next 12 months and that's why I am actually trying to get that card. Any leads to help me in this matter?

rockking1994

TF Premier
Need help with Amex: ex Amex MRCC user here, had a long call with Amex customer support on March 20, expressed my interest for Platinum Charge Card, but only if I get 1,35,000 points. To which, rep sought for an exception, and confirmed that exception has been granted, and told that I need to apply through online channel (with Taj 45k voucher benefit), and before activation of card, need to call them for change in welcome benefits.

Fast Forward 6 days: Got card, called customer support, and now they are denying giving the said benefit. Completely unexpected from Amex Team. Tried escalating the same to their India CEO and customer relations head, got an automated email stating that I will get reply within 3 days, no reply after that again. I have a lot of travel plans lined up in next 12 months and that's why I am actually trying to get that card. Any leads to help me in this matter?
Thats why putting it on mail is important

vigo

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

File a complaint and take complaint number. They generally hear back to call recordings where the promise was made and will help for sure.

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

This is emotional damage.

But there is a simple fix. Close the card. Ask them to close the card if the 135k deal is not provided.

I have a Plat Charge card (based on upgrade offered of135k points back in Jan), the points took 120 days to show up on my card.
There are two conditions to be fulfilled - 1) You should have paid the 70k fee (inclusive of GST) and shopped for an additional of 50-60k (for the 35k points).

vigo

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
This is emotional damage.

But there is a simple fix. Close the card. Ask them to close the card if the 135k deal is not provided.

I have a Plat Charge card (based on upgrade offered of135k points back in Jan), the points took 120 days to show up on my card.
There are two conditions to be fulfilled - 1) You should have paid the 70k fee (inclusive of GST) and shopped for an additional of 50-60k (for the 35k points).

If he has activated, he cannot close it without payment of fees. If not activated, then the card can be closed.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1RC

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If he has activated, he cannot close it without payment of fees. If not activated, then the card can be closed.
Hey man quick question - Do you have a plat charge or recently got an amex card? I'll have a follow-up question based on your answer.

Noaxis

TF Buzz
Didn't activate, closed it, have filed a complaint with India MD and head of customer services.

They are looking in the matter, waiting for an update from their end.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
activation is fine.. he shdnt have used it.. even then amex does reverse fee and close generally.. if u don't want the card.. they won't hassle you as much

vigo

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
This explains.

The Plat or Gold charge membership fees do not show up until 45 days after activation. So even if someone has activated their card, they can close it prior to 45 days.

Speaking from experience, I've been a member since 16.

Fee showed up within 10 days!