• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is HDFC worst bank in Customer service?

amitr29

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I am a Axis bank account and Credit card holder for last 12 years. Their service is average but overall not bad. My experience with HDFC in last one month.

1) Got a message to apply for card and clicked on it. Resulted in 21 Cibil hits. Writen to PNO and still fighting 😂😂

2) Applied for a Buisness Regalia and easily qualify for it. C2C basis Citi card with 8.20 lacs limit and Income more than 24 lacs. They sent me Moneyback card with limit of 1.28 lacs. Written to PNO and still fighting 😂😂

3) Applied for online savings account. They call it Instant account. Applied last week Friday and did Vkyc by 11:00 am. Got account number next day with cust Id. As on today, account still not active and it says please upload KYC. 8 days for a bloody instant Savings account. Written to PNO and still fighting 😂😂

There is something seriously wrong with HDFC Bank. They really need to pull up their socks. It so frustrating to even start a relationship with them. Shocked!!

Hi,

I am a Axis bank account and Credit card holder for last 12 years. Their service is average but overall not bad. My experience with HDFC in last one month.

1) Got a message to apply for card and clicked on it. Resulted in 21 Cibil hits. Writen to PNO and still fighting 😂😂

2) Applied for a Buisness Regalia and easily qualify for it. C2C basis Citi card with 8.20 lacs limit and Income more than 24 lacs. They sent me Moneyback card with limit of 1.28 lacs. Written to PNO and still fighting 😂😂

3) Applied for online savings account. They call it Instant account. Applied last week Friday and did Vkyc by 11:00 am. Got account number next day with cust Id. As on today, account still not active and it says please upload KYC. 8 days for a bloody instant Savings account. Written to PNO and still fighting 😂😂

There is something seriously wrong with HDFC Bank. They really need to pull up their socks. It so frustrating to even start a relationship with them. Shocked!!
Aao kabhi PNB mein .... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

పనిలో పని పెద్ద బాలశిక్ష కూడా పెట్టండి
page trailer GIF

• Haha
Reactions: SSV
Is HDFC worst bank in Customer service?

Answer is NO and CERTAINLY YES.

Counter/branch staff are good n helpful. I am happy with them.

Back-end n support teams are not upto the mark. Their Chennai CC Dept is THE WORST.

Software tinkerings are horrible. What works when - no one knows. And, no one cares.

పనిలో పని పెద్ద బాలశిక్ష కూడా పెట్టండి
page trailer GIF
లేట్ అయ్యిందేంట అనుకున్నా, హమ్మయ్య ఈరోజు (నిన్న) కోటా వచ్చేసింది!!

In my experience,customer service of so called big banks have gone done in past 3 4 years. Not taking about a particular bank but in general about all bank.
The main aim, target of so called RMs, BMs is to sell crap policies to their customers. If you discuss any banking services with them like FDs, lockers or other, they are all keen to hop onto policies sooner or later.
It's literally like if you want any service, but these crap policies from us or forgot about it.

I hold premium banking accounts with Axis, HDFC, Indusind but this situation is similar across these.
My relationship with HDFC bank from last 12 yrs is satisfactory as I have salary account, credit card & insurances.

Only thing I feel is, they don't care how long we are with them still they don't enhance the credit card limit inspite of dropping a email. My holding DCB Plastic but need some credit card limit enhancement.

Rest all is quite ok in my case

Hi,

Yes HDFC is 1 of top banks, however hitting 21 hard cibil enquiries is absolutely not correct

I have a wonderful experience with HDFC.

Got LTF some card 15+ years back which was later converted to moneyback card around 10+ years back. Been requesting for upgrade to LTF Regalia since 2020 - always rejected and offered paid Regalia.

Finally in 2022 I cancelled the moneyback card, even then they didn't offer LTF Regalia not even for retention of 15 year old customer. 3 months later I applied LTF Regalia and got immediate approval with 8L limit.

Asked cc for addon card for my wife but was told have to go to branch as she does not have account in HDFC bank. And this is where the most beautiful journey started. Below is the mail I wrote to the CEO of HDFC bank (names of officials changed).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is to complaint against the branch manager Ms. BM and Mr. XYZ of your Baghajatin Station Road Branch, Kolkata 700086.
  1. Branch manager Ms. BM gave me wrong information and sent me back
  2. Branch manager Ms. BM lied and denied about sending me back on the first day after giving me wrong information
  3. Mr. XYZ handed over my addon card application along with ID and address proof (self-attested Aadhaar card and PAN card copy) to someone who left all those documents unattended in a public place (ATM booth of your UN Brahmachari Street Branch)
Day – 1: I went to your Baghajatin Station Road branch and met Ms. BM and told her I want to apply for an add-on credit card for my wife. She sent me back saying that if my wife does not have an HDFC Bank savings account then she can’t get an addon credit card. I returned home and checked with customer care and they told me I can visit any branch and apply for addon credit card – this is the same info that I got on your website earlier and that is why I visited the branch in the first place.

Day – 2 (31st Jan): I went back to the branch and met Ms. BM again and told her what customer care told me. After hearing what customer care said, she gave me the number of Mr. ABC and asked me to contact him. Mr. ABC sent me the add-on card application form and asked me to fill it and submit it along with ID and address proof in your Baghajatin Station Road branch.

Day – 3 (2nd Feb): I handed over the application along with ID and address proof to Mr. XYZ in your Baghajatin Station Road branch and requested him to coordinate with Mr. ABC.

Day – 4 (7th Feb): Yesterday I got a call from your U N Brahmachari Street branch saying they found an unattended document (my add-on card application along with self-attested ID and address proof) lying in their ATM booth. I immediately called up Mr. ABC and asked him to collect the same which he did and later confirmed that he has couriered the same to your card center.

Day – 5 (8th Feb): Today morning I went back to the Baghajatin Station Road branch to enquire how they could be so irresponsible so as to leave my documents which contained sensitive information in open public place. It could have been picked up by anyone and could have been misused causing severe financial damage to me and your bank. I was not happy with the response I was getting from Mr. XYZ and we got into a heated argument. At this point Ms. BM came out of her cabin and asked Mr. XYZ to do the most weird thing – raise a complaint against U N Brahmachari Street branch. Is this how she is going to cover up the lapse on her part? Her representative left the documents in public place and she is going to blame it on someone else? She also blatantly lied about the fact that she sent me back on the first day with wrong information and said that she was trying to help me by giving me Mr. ABC’s number. She intentionally skipped the part that it was on day 2 that she gave me the number of Mr. ABC when I went back and told her what customer care said.

Is this how your senior officials like branch managers treat your customers?

Is this how your bank treats confidential documents of customers?

Request you to take disciplinary action against Ms. BM and Mr. XYZ and keep me posted on the same.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a call back same day late evening from Nodal Officer. He apologized earnestly for the lapse of service and provided his number. Asked me to call him directly if I ever face any issue in the future. I insisted on a written apology. He said he will instruct BM to send the same. Next day I got call from the BM. She wanted to come down to my home to apologize, incidentally she didn't have my address and was asking me where I lived. I knew meeting her at home won't be professional so I said I don't meet anyone at home and since currently it is WFH for us can't meet at office either. I was surprised that still she didn't ask me to visit branch and kept on insisting to come down and meet me. I told her that meeting is not required but I want a written apology to which she finally agreed and sent me below mail (names and contact information changed):

Dear Sir,

Greetings from HDFC Bank. Hope this mail finds you and your family in good health.

This is in reference to your recent communication with our bank pertaining to service related issues.

We would like to apologies for the inconvenience that has been caused to you.

Senior officials have taken a serious note of your feedback and we have installed measures to ensure that this does not recur in the future.

We also understand that our branch staff XYZ has contacted you to inform you of the measures that have been taken.

We request you to treat this instance as an exception to the quality of service we provide and look forward to your continue patronage in the future.

Should you have any further concerns on the same issue, kindly write back to us from the same email ID and quote the reference number mentioned above.

If you are not satisfied with the resolution, you may write to our senior management, Mr PP at pp@hdfcbank.com.

Regards
BM
Branch Manager
Baghajatin Station Road Branch
HDFC BANK LTD
EMAIL ID--BM@hdfcbank.com
Ph No.--XXXX

Last edited:
I have a wonderful experience with HDFC.

Got LTF some card 15+ years back which was later converted to moneyback card around 10+ years back. Been requesting for upgrade to LTF Regalia since 2020 - always rejected and offered paid Regalia.

Finally in 2022 I cancelled the moneyback card, even then they didn't offer LTF Regalia not even for retention of 15 year old customer. 3 months later I applied LTF Regalia and got immediate approval with 8L limit.

Asked cc for addon card for my wife but was told have to go to branch as she does not have account in HDFC bank. And this is where the most beautiful journey started. Below is the mail I wrote to the CEO of HDFC bank (names of officials changed).

This is to complaint against the branch manager Ms. BM and Mr. XYZ of your Baghajatin Station Road Branch, Kolkata 700086.
  1. Branch manager Ms. BM gave me wrong information and sent me back
  2. Branch manager Ms. BM lied and denied about sending me back on the first day after giving me wrong information
  3. Mr. XYZ handed over my addon card application along with ID and address proof (self-attested Aadhaar card and PAN card copy) to someone who left all those documents unattended in a public place (ATM booth of your UN Brahmachari Street Branch)
Day – 1: I went to your Baghajatin Station Road branch and met Ms. BM and told her I want to apply for an add-on credit card for my wife. She sent me back saying that if my wife does not have an HDFC Bank savings account then she can’t get an addon credit card. I returned home and checked with customer care and they told me I can visit any branch and apply for addon credit card – this is the same info that I got on your website earlier and that is why I visited the branch in the first place.

Day – 2 (31st Jan): I went back to the branch and met Ms. BM again and told her what customer care told me. After hearing what customer care said, she gave me the number of Mr. ABC and asked me to contact him. Mr. ABC sent me the add-on card application form and asked me to fill it and submit it along with ID and address proof in your Baghajatin Station Road branch.

Day – 3 (2nd Feb): I handed over the application along with ID and address proof to Mr. XYZ in your Baghajatin Station Road branch and requested him to coordinate with Mr. ABC.

Day – 4 (7th Feb): Yesterday I got a call from your U N Brahmachari Street branch saying they found an unattended document (my add-on card application along with self-attested ID and address proof) lying in their ATM booth. I immediately called up Mr. ABC and asked him to collect the same which he did and later confirmed that he has couriered the same to your card center.

Day – 5 (8th Feb): Today morning I went back to the Baghajatin Station Road branch to enquire how they could be so irresponsible so as to leave my documents which contained sensitive information in open public place. It could have been picked up by anyone and could have been misused causing severe financial damage to me and your bank. I was not happy with the response I was getting from Mr. XYZ and we got into a heated argument. At this point Ms. BM came out of her cabin and asked Mr. XYZ to do the most weird thing – raise a complaint against U N Brahmachari Street branch. Is this how she is going to cover up the lapse on her part? Her representative left the documents in public place and she is going to blame it on someone else? She also blatantly lied about the fact that she sent me back on the first day with wrong information and said that she was trying to help me by giving me Mr. ABC’s number. She intentionally skipped the part that it was on day 2 that she gave me the number of Mr. ABC when I went back and told her what customer care said.

Is this how your senior officials like branch managers treat your customers?

Is this how your bank treats confidential documents of customers?

Request you to take disciplinary action against Ms. BM and Mr. XYZ and keep me posted on the same.

I got a call back same day late evening from Nodal Officer. He apologized earnestly for the lapse of service and provided his number. Asked me to call him directly if I ever face any issue in the future. I insisted on a written apology. He said he will instruct BM to send the same. Next day I got call from the BM. She wanted to come down to my home to apologize, incidentally she didn't have my address and was asking me where I lived. I knew meeting her at home won't be professional so I said I don't meet anyone at home and since currently it is WFH for us can't meet at office either. I was surprised that still she didn't ask me to visit branch and kept on insisting to come down and meet me. I told her that meeting is not required but I want a written apology to which she finally agreed and sent me below mail (names and contact information changed):

Dear Sir,

Greetings from HDFC Bank. Hope this mail finds you and your family in good health.

This is in reference to your recent communication with our bank pertaining to service related issues.

We would like to apologies for the inconvenience that has been caused to you.

Senior officials have taken a serious note of your feedback and we have installed measures to ensure that this does not recur in the future.

We also understand that our branch staff XYZ has contacted you to inform you of the measures that have been taken.

We request you to treat this instance as an exception to the quality of service we provide and look forward to your continue patronage in the future.

Should you have any further concerns on the same issue, kindly write back to us from the same email ID and quote the reference number mentioned above.

If you are not satisfied with the resolution, you may write to our senior management, Mr PP at pp@hdfcbank.com.

Regards
BM
Branch Manager
Baghajatin Station Road Branch
HDFC BANK LTD
EMAIL ID--BM@hdfcbank.com
Ph No.--XXXX
HDFC mein kitna gham hai..Mera Gham kitna Kam hai 😂

Back