• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is it possible to Spend more than assigned limit by adding extra amount in HDFC Bank Credit Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TF Ace
TF Family
Hi Folks,

I have a question for existing HDFC CC holders. I recently got Moneyback Plus CC with 50K limit, but I have a spend to do of around 60K. Is it possible to pay the amount (10K) in advance and then spend 60K?

This is possible for ICICI CC, but not sure about HDFC CC. Can someone please help me regarding this! Thanks in advance. :)

Solution
Hi Folks,

I have a question for existing HDFC CC holders. I recently got Moneyback Plus CC with 50K limit, but I have a spend to do of around 60K. Is it possible to pay the amount (10K) in advance and then spend 60K?

This is possible for ICICI CC, but not sure about HDFC CC. Can someone please help me regarding this! Thanks in advance. :)
If you do not have to spend 60k from your card in one go i.e. pay 60k in multiple transactions of less than your available credit limit(50k), then YES, you can perform this trick. I you have to spend 60k in a single transaction, I do NOT recommend doing this from HDFC/Kotak Credit Cards. I saw a video of a youtuber Siddharth Bhimani, in which he said that he wanted to spend more than his HDFC...

akshayhs

TF Ace
I am really unsure if I understood your question correctly.

I would not recommend it personally because even then you'd be using your entire credit limit which is usually a no-no that most of them live by. There's a 2.5% penalty for spends over limit (min. 550). I think someone who already has credit cards with HDFC must clarify it. I would probably take the risk of attempting it and instantly clearing about 70% of it just to be safe.

Source. Search for "Over Limit" and it takes you directly there.

TF Ace
TF Family
I am really unsure if I understood your question correctly.

I would not recommend it personally because even then you'd be using your entire credit limit which is usually a no-no that most of them live by. There's a 2.5% penalty for spends over limit (min. 550). I think someone who already has credit cards with HDFC must clarify it. I would probably take the risk of attempting it and instantly clearing about 70% of it just to be safe.

Source. Search for "Over Limit" and it takes you directly there.
My question is for e.g. I have to spend 60K, but my card limit is 50K. Can I pay/add that 10K difference in advance, making the outstanding amount as -10K. So that I can use 60K, then I will pay part of 50K outstanding to be safe and under the credit limit.

Coming to credit utilization impact on CIBIL, isn't it considered for all cards rather than for a single card. AFAIK, it impacts negatively only if I utilize more than 30% of the combined limit of all cards.

Sub

TF Select
VIP Lounge
For a one-time usage over limit, assuming it is not a significant percentage over your limit, call up the customer care line ahead of the transaction and speak to them. They usually will allow for it so it doesn't get rejected.

Reactions: 007

talkwithfino

TF Premier
Hi Folks,

To wht I know its not possible in HDFC CC.

Reactions: 007

mukundstud

TF Premier
Hi Folks,

If you do not have to spend 60k from your card in one go i.e. pay 60k in multiple transactions of less than your available credit limit(50k), then YES, you can perform this trick. I you have to spend 60k in a single transaction, I do NOT recommend doing this from HDFC/Kotak Credit Cards. I saw a video of a youtuber Siddharth Bhimani, in which he said that he wanted to spend more than his HDFC card limit in a single transaction, but was unable to do so a even after loading extra money, as his available credit limit did not cross his max approved credit limit. His extra payment to HDFC CC was adjusted in other smaller spends he did on his card. I have noticed this same issue in Kotak CCs. But I did try this trick on CITI and Axis CCs. On loading extra money into them, their available credit limit crossed their max approved credit limit. I did perform a transaction greater than my CITI CCs approved credit limit, after loading extra money into it. Everything went perfectly fine, and I was not charged a single rupee extra. I believe that this trick should work on Axis/ICICI CCs too. But, I am really doubtful about this on HDFC CCs. Therefore, I do NOT recommend you to take this risk.

Solution

TF Ace
TF Family
If you do not have to spend 60k from your card in one go i.e. pay 60k in multiple transactions of less than your available credit limit(50k), then YES, you can perform this trick. I you have to spend 60k in a single transaction, I do NOT recommend doing this from HDFC/Kotak Credit Cards. I saw a video of a youtuber Siddharth Bhimani, in which he said that he wanted to spend more than his HDFC card limit in a single transaction, but was unable to do so a even after loading extra money, as his available credit limit did not cross his max approved credit limit. His extra payment to HDFC CC was adjusted in other smaller spends he did on his card. I have noticed this same issue in Kotak CCs. But I did try this trick on CITI and Axis CCs. On loading extra money into them, their available credit limit crossed their max approved credit limit. I did perform a transaction greater than my CITI CCs approved credit limit, after loading extra money into it. Everything went perfectly fine, and I was not charged a single rupee extra. I believe that this trick should work on Axis/ICICI CCs too. But, I am really doubtful about this on HDFC CCs. Therefore, I do NOT recommend you to take this risk.
Thanks for the info. Had to spend in one go, but looks like it's risky so will avoid. And yeah, it works in case of ICICI CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.