• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

iScore ICICI - impact on pre-approved offers and credit & loan Limits

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
iScore by ICICI

This discussion is to understand what is an iScore by ICICI which appears in iMobile App under " Discove" tab for SB account holders
its impact on pre-approved offers and their limits..​

What is iScore?

iScore is an internal/proprietary score score provided by ICICI Bank to its customers, on the basis of their transactions in the physical and digital world.
Before we go on to the details of how it is calculated , let us see its uses from customer perspective based on my observations:

1) iScore - its impact on Credit card pre approved offers
( Very minor role as of now, but could play a considerable role in future)..

iScore is not playing a siginificatnt role in triggering pre-approved credit card offers yet.. but in future it may be considered with some greate importance depending upon how ICICI wants to take this forward ..
I found only one instance where low iScore had resulted in no pre-approved offers for a customer.. ..in the following case..
complete details are here in this thread..

What it essentially means, iScore is playing some part in triggering pre-approved CC offers , albiet a very minor role as of now..

1719056604596.png

2) Significant role in Crdit limits on products like Credit card, Home Loan, Personal Loan , Auto loan etc.

This is where the plot thickens.. I have found quite a significant co-relation between iScore and limits offered on various Credit / Loan products ..
The higher the iScore the higher the limits offered.....

3) Essentially iScore is useful for limits offered on differnt pre-approved loans largely and to credit card limits to some extent ...

Now.. We will go into the academics of iScore,
What is an iScore, how it is built, how to improve, what are the different slabs, etc..
Here I am providing allt he screenshots of these FAQ's taken directly from iMobile App...
It is quite easy to understand...

Some basic details of iSocre..

1) This is available under " Discover " tab in iMobile app.
2) The customer had to hold a SB account to see thid option
3) In the first screen it will show your score..
4) You will find a button there to find out " how to improve your iScore?" .. these options are customized according to the cutomer's current profile..
Basically they want us to use thier different ICICI products..

Tip: Try to use as many products as possible with the least amount of cashoutflow.. the trick is we need to use different prodcuts offerd by ICICI and make sure they are not forced spending on our part. and still try to cover maxmium products with least amuont of outflow..
for eg. regularly we can use some token pre-paid recharge ( load Rs10 into mobile's main balance), a few payments thru QR scan etc...
This way I kept my iScore at 90 at one point of time...
Like this you can find your own spend types..

You can find your iScore( for SBA holders) under " Discover " in iMobile App..
Scroll down to the bottom in the " Discover" tab.

1719062857500.png

1719058719753.png

1719058178928.png

1719058216893.png

Now FAQ's part

1719058517445.png

1719058547905.png

1719058331401.png

1719058361707.png

1719058388396.png

My Old iScore Screeshot: found in this thread..

1719058864600.png

My Pre-approved credit limits offered on different loans based on my

1) 24L income recorded as per ICICI records
2) current iScore of 80, ( before 90)

1. Home Loan : 95L
2. Auto Loan : 50L
3. Two Wheeler Loan: 4.10 L
4.Loan against Property : 80L
5. Loan against comeercial property: 80L

1719060174352.png

1719060315295.png

Now, Let us do some collobarative research on this topic to establish some facts based on my above observations...
Share your profile, iScore, your pre approved offers, its limits etc.. your expereince and observations ..

I believe , this will definitely help in understanding how ICICI triggers its pre-approved offers and limits going into the future...

Imprtant Note: If you have very high income (ITR) and a very good CIBIL, and have availed decent amount of credit products from ICICI, then iScore's role is negligible in your pre-approved Credit card offers.. Actually some of these factors will contirbute to the high iScore itself and there by good offers...

Last edited:

_ayush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Its an interesting thread but for me I dont think there was any correlation between iscore and pre approved offer.

I had similar offers (home loan -1cr, lap- 75L, bike loan -8L, car loan - 40L) before wm downgrade and my iscore was between 30-40. The reason for this low score is that I transfer my salary to HDFC on same day and just keep around 5k in icici account.

After downgrade, the score is still around 30-40. However there is just home loan offer of around 90L.

Also spends on CC are counted in outflow ig so it shows outflow >> inflow hence such low score.

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Its an interesting thread but for me I dont think there was any correlation between iscore and pre approved offer.

I had similar offers (home loan -1cr, lap- 75L, bike loan -8L, car loan - 40L) before wm downgrade and my iscore was between 30-40. The reason for this low score is that I transfer my salary to HDFC on same day and just keep around 5k in icici account.

After downgrade, the score is still around 30-40. However there is just home loan offer of around 90L.

Either for upgrades or downgrades it takes abut 3 to 6 months i believe..

and for downgrades it may even take longer..
and also note that, iScore is not the only factor here..

there will be someoverriding factors that come into the play in individual cases..

Thanks for the feedback..

shivek

TF Select
To me it seems to be a gimmick. Maybe they are yet to work on the implementation of iScore.
I have CC relationship since 2014 and The One Titanium SB salary account since 2022.
Holding MMT Signature, AMZ PAY, HPCL Coral and Coral Rupay. All LTF and CL of 15L.
Having CC upgrade offer to Emeralde paid, not taking it.
Gross annual in profile is 35-50L.
I took a HL of 75L in July-22 but got it closed in 6 months as I transferred it to SBI.
My iScore has always shown as 10 and interestingly history shows as 0.
Here’s my iScore and pre-approved offers snippet.

Attachments

• IMG_7751.png
    IMG_7751.png
    164.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7750.png
    IMG_7750.png
    158 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7749.png
    IMG_7749.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7748.png
    IMG_7748.png
    162 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7747.jpeg
    IMG_7747.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_7746.jpeg
    IMG_7746.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 38

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
To me it seems to be a gimmick. Maybe they are yet to work on the implementation of iScore.
I have CC relationship since 2014 and The One Titanium SB salary account since 2022.
Holding MMT Signature, AMZ PAY, HPCL Coral and Coral Rupay. All LTF and CL of 15L.
I took a HL of 75L in July-22 but got it closed in 6 months as I transferred it to SBI.

Yes, definitley iScore is still in the Work in progress phase..
However, in your case, closing down HL might have impacted it..

The history goes back until the last 6 months only..

what does it show in the section " how to improve your iScore" ?

If you observe closely, even though your annual income is very high (35 to 50L), but because of your low iScore,
you only got HL limit of 44L,
auto loan of 25L
HOme loan Balance tr of 75L..

If your iScore improves ( around 80 mark) , ( for which you need to do some specific activities which sutomised for your realtionship), then you would see all tthe above numbers would jump 2 times..

Last edited:

anonymuos

TF Ace
Interesting. The next time I get an auto LE or LTF card upgrade, I will take it and check iScore immediately before and after. That's the only way to know if at all there's any co-relation. There may be, it looks like a score of the bank's internal secret algorithm for offers and credit products

Currently: Mine shows as 50 (Moderate) but it is "unhappy" because my ICICI CC spends "overshot" the amount in ICICI savings account 🤣

Last edited:

shivek

TF Select
Yes, definitley iScore is still in the Work in progress phase..
However, in your case, closing down HL might have impacted it..

The history goes back until the last 6 months only..

what does it show in the section " how to improve your iScore" ?

If you observe closely, even though your annual income is very high (35 to 50L), but because of your low iScore,
you only got HL limit of 44L,
auto loan of 25L
HOme loan Balance tr of 75L..

If your iScore improves ( around 80 mark) , ( for which you need to do some specific activities which sutomised for your realtionship), then you would see all tthe above numbers would jump 2 times..
Don't know for sure if closing HL impacted it or not as my iScore has always been 10. I am active user of iMobile app and I use to check almost every section. So I am sure about my score history.
And for me service recommendations does not come as budget is not set. Again setting budget page is glitchy, it never works for me. As soon I type a single digit in income field the complete screen goes white and does not recovers.
The recommendations to improve iScore. As this is my primary account so I use UPI very often and occasionally bill pay when HDFC Plat DC 75K (1% cashback) limit gets exhausted.

Attachments

• IMG_7752.jpeg
    IMG_7752.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 13

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Don't know for sure if closing HL impacted it or not as my iScore has always been 10. I am active user of iMobile app and I use to check almost every section. So I am sure about my score history.
And for me service recommendations does not come as budget is not set. Again setting budget page is glitchy, it never works for me. As soon I type a single digit in income field the complete screen goes white and does not recovers.
The recommendations to improve iScore. As this is my primary account so I use UPI very often and occasionally bill pay when HDFC Plat DC 75K (1% cashback) limit gets exhausted.

If you were so sure that your iSocre had always been 10 since 2022, then there must be some flaw in the iScore calculation method or some excpetion exists in your realationship..
what is this titanium account? is it premium account?
How was your CC usage?

Forget about the baudget thing.. I never looked into it..
I am not talking about service recommendations..

I am talking about this.. " Find out How?" shown below...

1719076102516.png

Riya

TF Ace
If you were so sure that your iSocre had always been 10 since 2022, then there must be some flaw in the iScore calculation method or some excpetion exists in your realationship..
How was your CC usage?

1719076102516.png
iScore of 10 😳😳😳

Never seen score like that... It's probably equivalent to CIBIL score in 300s

• Hehe
How was your CC usage?

1719076102516.png
Titanium is just below wealth. Mab is 2 lakhs and account is useless.

The thing is i didn't knew icici had wealth account and i got titanium in the past. Later on degraded it to a normal account.

Last edited:

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Sir, pro n cons of HL from ICICI?