• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

iScore ICICI - impact on pre-approved offers and credit & loan Limits

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
iScore by ICICI

This discussion is to understand what is an iScore by ICICI which appears in iMobile App under " Discove" tab for SB account holders
its impact on pre-approved offers and their limits..​

What is iScore?

iScore is an internal/proprietary score score provided by ICICI Bank to its customers, on the basis of their transactions in the physical and digital world.
Before we go on to the details of how it is calculated , let us see its uses from customer perspective based on my observations:

1) iScore - its impact on Credit card pre approved offers
( Very minor role as of now, but could play a considerable role in future)..

iScore is not playing a siginificatnt role in triggering pre-approved credit card offers yet.. but in future it may be considered with some greate importance depending upon how ICICI wants to take this forward ..
I found only one instance where low iScore had resulted in no pre-approved offers for a customer.. ..in the following case..
complete details are here in this thread..

What it essentially means, iScore is playing some part in triggering pre-approved CC offers , albiet a very minor role as of now..

1719056604596.png

2) Significant role in Crdit limits on products like Credit card, Home Loan, Personal Loan , Auto loan etc.

This is where the plot thickens.. I have found quite a significant co-relation between iScore and limits offered on various Credit / Loan products ..
The higher the iScore the higher the limits offered.....

3) Essentially iScore is useful for limits offered on differnt pre-approved loans largely and to credit card limits to some extent ...

Now.. We will go into the academics of iScore,
What is an iScore, how it is built, how to improve, what are the different slabs, etc..
Here I am providing allt he screenshots of these FAQ's taken directly from iMobile App...
It is quite easy to understand...

Some basic details of iSocre..

1) This is available under " Discover " tab in iMobile app.
2) The customer had to hold a SB account to see thid option
3) In the first screen it will show your score..
4) You will find a button there to find out " how to improve your iScore?" .. these options are customized according to the cutomer's current profile..
Basically they want us to use thier different ICICI products..

Tip: Try to use as many products as possible with the least amount of cashoutflow.. the trick is we need to use different prodcuts offerd by ICICI and make sure they are not forced spending on our part. and still try to cover maxmium products with least amuont of outflow..
for eg. regularly we can use some token pre-paid recharge ( load Rs10 into mobile's main balance), a few payments thru QR scan etc...
This way I kept my iScore at 90 at one point of time...
Like this you can find your own spend types..

You can find your iScore( for SBA holders) under " Discover " in iMobile App..
Scroll down to the bottom in the " Discover" tab.

1719062857500.png

1719058719753.png

1719058178928.png

1719058216893.png

Now FAQ's part

1719058517445.png

1719058547905.png

1719058331401.png

1719058361707.png

1719058388396.png

My Old iScore Screeshot: found in this thread..

1719058864600.png

My Pre-approved credit limits offered on different loans based on my

1) 24L income recorded as per ICICI records
2) current iScore of 80, ( before 90)

1. Home Loan : 95L
2. Auto Loan : 50L
3. Two Wheeler Loan: 4.10 L
4.Loan against Property : 80L
5. Loan against comeercial property: 80L

1719060174352.png

1719060315295.png

Now, Let us do some collobarative research on this topic to establish some facts based on my above observations...
Share your profile, iScore, your pre approved offers, its limits etc.. your expereince and observations ..

I believe , this will definitely help in understanding how ICICI triggers its pre-approved offers and limits going into the future...

Imprtant Note: If you have very high income (ITR) and a very good CIBIL, and have availed decent amount of credit products from ICICI, then iScore's role is negligible in your pre-approved Credit card offers.. Actually some of these factors will contirbute to the high iScore itself and there by good offers...

Last edited:

shivek

TF Select
If you were so sure that your iSocre had always been 10 since 2022, then there must be some flaw in the iScore calculation method or some excpetion exists in your realationship..
what is this titanium account? is it premium account?
How was your CC usage?

Forget about the baudget thing.. I never looked into it..
I am not talking about service recommendations..

I am talking about this.. " Find out How?" shown below...

1719076102516.png
Had shared the "How to improve" in previous post itself.
This is the snippet of titanium account benefits shared by corporate RM earlier.
IMG_7753.jpeg
My CC usage is normal on AMZPAY card. Very rarely on MMT card (only for flight ticket) and occasionally small ticket UPI txn on Rupay Coral.

So, just in case if someone wondering about correlation of iScore done by ICICI with Credit bureau scores then below are my scores.
CIBIL: 803
Exeprian: 804 (down from 843 after recent changes in their algo)
CRIF: 803
Equifax: 835

Reactions: SSV

shivek

TF Select
Sir, pro n cons of HL from ICICI?
Pros: was quite fast with minimal documentation and doorstep service. This may depend on relationship, I have salary account.
Cons: Part payment needs to be in multiple of EMIs. MOTD need to be paid during initial disbursement itself so it will be a loss if you plan to transfer HL.
There could be more but for me only these points.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Had shared the "How to improve" in previous post itself.
This is the snippet of titanium account benefits shared by corporate RM earlier.
IMG_7753.jpeg
My CC usage is normal on AMZPAY card. Very rarely on MMT card (only for flight ticket) and occasionally small ticket UPI txn on Rupay Coral.

So, just in case if someone wondering about correlation of iScore done by ICICI with Credit bureau scores then below are my scores.
CIBIL: 803
Exeprian: 804 (down from 843 after recent changes in their algo)
CRIF: 803
Equifax: 835
Okay let us see how many of these kinds of anomalies will be reported here....
This is the first time I have seen such a low score with such a good profile.. there must be something causing it.. we will find out in due course..
90% of the guys who have reported so far here have ranged between 40 and 80 ..

Thanks for sharing the data..

Last edited:

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Pros: was quite fast with minimal documentation and doorstep service. This may depend on relationship, I have salary account.
Cons: Part payment needs to be in multiple of EMIs. MOTD need to be paid during initial disbursement itself so it will be a loss if you plan to transfer HL.
There could be more but for me only these points.
Thanks sir for instant reply

rogerthat

TF Ace
iScore of 10 😳😳😳

Never seen score like that... It's probably equivalent to CIBIL score in 300s
Well, yeah, you can find them here and there. For instance, behold, my glorious iScore of 10! SB account for 16 years with regular transactions (to and fros for SIPs, UPI, Bill Pay. Also, 5 year old Amazon Pay card. Don't think that algorithm works for me either. But then again, I am an exception in most cases.

Tried everything in the book to get a ICICI credit card but no avail. Direct apply, Agent, CC, BM, RM, Head CC. All outright rejects, everyone is helpless. Best they can give me is a PAID Coral card which is utterly ridiculous and insulting. People here are getting Sapphiro LTF left right centre. Only reasoning I have now is that ICICI has put me on an invisible black list or something.

Screenshot_20240601-003758.png

Last edited:
  • Sad

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
1000085737.jpg

Icici wealth acc is my sb account for sip debits.
I got Sapphiro LTF while iScore was 61.
At that time monthly SIP was 25k.
Now from june it is 50k and I jumped to 84.
In between I used it to load funds to groww for direct stock investments

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Well, yeah, you can find them here and there. For instance, behold, my glorious iScore of 10! SB account for 16 years with regular transactions (to and fros for SIPs, UPI, Bill Pay. Also, 5 year old Amazon Pay card. Don't think that formula works for me either. But then again, I am an exception in most cases.

Tried everything in the book to get a ICICI credit card but no avail. Direct apply, Agent, CC, BM, RM, Head CC. All outright rejects, everyone is helpless. Best they can give me is a PAID Coral card which is utterly ridiculous and insulting. People here are getting Sapphiro LTF left right centre. Only reasoning I have now is that ICICI has put me on an invisible black list or something.

There must be something really wrong in your case..

Strongly advising you to
Take that Coral paid or whatever you are offered ..
Let’s first get into the system..
then we can play with the system

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
1000085737.jpg

Icici wealth acc is my sb account for sip debits.
I got Sapphiro LTF while iScore was 61.
At that time monthly SIP was 25k.
Now from june it is 50k and I jumped to 84.
In between I used it to load funds to groww for direct stock investments
Thanks for sharing the info
Keep doing what you are doing , you will get emeralde LTF at some point of time

itzmycard

TF Buzz
My observations -

1) iscore of 10 is the default score. If for whatever reason they can't get the correct score they will show it as 10. the history will also be empty in this case.

2) pre-approved loans limits get downgraded every couple of months if offer is not taken irrespective of change in iscore

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Well, yeah, you can find them here and there. For instance, behold, my glorious iScore of 10! SB account for 16 years with regular transactions (to and fros for SIPs, UPI, Bill Pay. Also, 5 year old Amazon Pay card. Don't think that algorithm works for me either. But then again, I am an exception in most cases.

It all started after i closed my 13 year old privilege acc in May 2023 and opened a new wealth açc.

@rogerthat ,
Another option for you..
If you can close current sb account. Please close it and open a WM account

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
My observations -

1) iscore of 10 is the default score. If for whatever reason they can't get the correct score they will show it as 10. the history will also be empty in this case.

2) pre-approved loans limits get downgraded every couple of months if offer is not taken irrespective of change in iscore
Much valuable input ..thanks for sharing your observations..
If more users share their experiences and observations then we can get some reasonable understanding of how this ICICI also works..

Thanks guys for sharing your view..
The more the merrier!!!

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@rogerthat ,
Another option for you..
If you can close current sb account. Please close it and open a WM account
I had to close my sb account and existing amazon cc account. Until then there were zero offers for me.
If you are ok with closing, go ahead and open wm. It will do wonders.

Make sure you change all existing default accounts for investment portfolios from old acc before closing(incase you used them for that)

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I had to close my sb account and existing amazon cc account. Until then there were zero offers for me.
If you are ok with closing, go ahead and open wm. It will do wonders.

Make sure you change all existing default accounts for investment portfolios from old acc before closing(incase you used them for that)

I think this is a very important observation here..
For the people who are on a very long relationship with ICICI on a basic sb account.. this must be the solution..
They won’t easily upgrade existing sb account to WM..
Then the solution is close the existing account and open a WM account with 1 or 2L IP..

My SB relationship with ICICI started with WM omnivore based on my Apay 6.4L CC about 1.6 years ago

Riya

TF Ace

Whatever might be the case but still there is something not right here... My account is also since 2008, about 16 years, Even I had almost zero balance in my account for quite some time but still I have a healthy score...
One more thing I want to ask... What does your pre-approved section says... I don't know how significant is this score but if the offers are good then we can overlook this...

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
How to get this? Although I have shared limit in ICICI of 2.1 lakhs but in their app and cibil its reported as double (Apay and Coral) so still can I get this as in cibil I have 4.8L limit.
You only got 2.1L CL on your CC..
Forget about CIBIL in this case..
Focus on how to increase your CL