• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Issue with Scapia credit card

nipun5

TF Buzz
Hi all!

I am seeking your advice on how to solve the issue I am facing since last 2 months with scapia company.

Let me brief the issue.

Last year in October I purchased a refurbished phone from amazon & made payment through scapia credit card.

Since it was refurbished, it came with a 6 month warranty from amazon.
In april this year, I faced issue with the phone & contacted Amazon regarding it since it was in warranty period.
Unfortunately the phone couldn't be repaired or replaced, so they placed a return for it.
The phone was returned on april 12 & the amount was refunded on april 14 & the same was accepted by scapia/federal bank on april 14 itself (as confirmed by Amazon).

It has been 2 months now the refund is not settled in my account.

I have contacted scapia countless times but to no resolve.
They are tricking me from the last 2 months & not solving the issue.

Firstly they told to wait, then they denied of any refund & asked to initiate cyber fraud complaint against amazon despite refund reference number being shared by them, then they made me fill dispute form with purchase date of phone instead of refund date after which they said it has been 120 days since the transaction so we cannot dispute the issue on your behalf... When I conveyed the same thing to amazon they replied that they have made you fill dispute form with wrong details & said refund date should be disputed & not purchase date.
Then they asked to wait another month & when asked again today they are denying of any refund.

What to do now?
Please help!

Tejo

TF Legend
Hi all!

I am seeking your advice on how to solve the issue I am facing since last 2 months with scapia company.

Let me brief the issue.

Last year in October I purchased a refurbished phone from amazon & made payment through scapia credit card.

In april this year, I faced issue with the phone & contacted Amazon regarding it since it was in warranty period.
Unfortunately the phone couldn't be repaired or replaced, so they placed a return for it.
The phone was returned on april 12 & the amount was refunded on april 14 & the same was accepted by scapia/federal bank on april 14 itself (as confirmed by Amazon).

Firstly they told to wait, then they denied of any refund & asked to initiate cyber fraud complaint against amazon despite refund reference number being shared by them, then they made me fill dispute form with purchase date of phone instead of refund date after which they said it has been 120 days since the transaction so we cannot dispute the issue on your behalf... When I conveyed the same thing to amazon they replied that they have made you fill dispute form with wrong details & said refund date should be disputed & not purchase date.
Then they asked to wait another month & when asked again today they are denying of any refund.

What to do now?
Please help!
You got refund reference right ?

Also complaint to federal bank pno and rbi bo

Else ask scapia grievance to state Clearly that for given rrn they had not received any refund for the card account and to express them due to the long gap they can not chargeback for the puchase ... on mail*

Show that to amazon and ask them to chargeback the txn themselves and to credit money to your bank ac or to dispatch overdraft. If they deny file consumer complaint as they accepted the return.

Best of luck 🎉

Now I got to know why flipkart closed down 2gud .....

Pradumya

TF Ace
Hi all!

Let me brief the issue.

What to do now?
Please help!
I hope all these communication was thru mail with both Amazon and Scapia
Since Scapia is cobranded with Federal Bank, have you shared refund details with Federal Bank?
If yes, directly file complaint with RBI ombudsman with all the mails to both the parties in PDF format.
Note that the RBI complaint will be against federal bank.
Mention the refund details with the complaint and also ask for double triple compensation under mental agony.

Within a week your issue will be resolved.

nachanem

TF Neo
Hi Nipun,

Escalate your grievance to Scapia CEO Mr. Anil Goteti, with all Transaction references provided by Amazon.
If still get negative reply from Scapia, forward that same email to Amazon CEO Mr. Amit Agarwal. Definitely your issue would be resolved. And unfortunately if not then file the complaint with RBI ombudsman on crpc@rbi.org.in with all supporting email communication. Please send these emails as PDF attachments.
You can search CEO email id's on Google, you should positively get it.
All the best

nipun5

TF Buzz

Else ask scapia grievance to state Clearly that for given rrn they had not received any refund for the card account and to express them due to the long gap they can not chargeback for the puchase ... on mail*

Show that to amazon and ask them to chargeback the txn themselves and to credit money to your bank ac or to dispatch overdraft. If they deny file consumer complaint as they accepted the return.

Best of luck 🎉

Greetings!

Yes I have got refund reference number with me.
I have complained to federal bank pno 25 days back but there is no reply from them. I complained to federal bank customer service too but they are denying that we dont deal with scapia cards.
I have made a complaint against scapia in consumer forum yesterday, they asked to wait for 45 days. I haven't gone to rbi bo.

I can ask that from scapia.

I am not able to figure out who is at fault amazon or scapia?

nipun5

TF Buzz
I hope all these communication was thru mail with both Amazon and Scapia
Since Scapia is cobranded with Federal Bank, have you shared refund details with Federal Bank?
If yes, directly file complaint with RBI ombudsman with all the mails to both the parties in PDF format.
Mention the refund details with the complaint and also ask for double triple compensation under mental agony.

Within a week your issue will be resolved.
Hi!
Not all communications were on mail
Amazon - call only & scapia - partly
I have shared details with federal bank they are straight away denying to consider issue & asking to go to scapia only.
I have complained to federal bank nodal officer but havent got any reply from 25 days.
I dont know about rbi ombudsman.. will they consider my complaint?
How to gather evidence against federal bank?

nipun5

TF Buzz
Hi Nipun,

Escalate your grievance to Scapia CEO Mr. Anil Goteti, with all Transaction references provided by Amazon.
If still get negative reply from Scapia, forward that same email to Amazon CEO Mr. Amit Agarwal. Definitely your issue would be resolved. And unfortunately if not then file the complaint with RBI ombudsman on crpc@rbi.org.in with all supporting email communication. Please send these emails as PDF attachments.
You can search CEO email id's on Google, you should positively get it.
All the best
Hi!
I have tried contacting scapia ceo on twitter (x) & have explained everything there but hes not responding.
I haven't tried amazon ceo yet I will try now.
I don't know how to move forward with rbi ombudsman as I believe they dont take complaints against fintech companies like scapia & I dont know how to proceed against federal bank as I am doubtful to what evidence do I have against them.

nipun5

TF Buzz

Best of luck 🎉

Also I asked this amazon not in the way you said but generally to refund my amount any other way but they denied it.

Pradumya

TF Ace
Hi!
Not all communications were on mail
Amazon - call only & scapia - partly
I have shared details with federal bank they are straight away denying to consider issue & asking to go to scapia only.
I have complained to federal bank nodal officer but havent got any reply from 25 days.
I dont know about rbi ombudsman.. will they consider my complaint?
How to gather evidence against federal bank?
Okay
Use first mail as your complaint mail
Include all middle mails in complaint mail pdf
Then use nodal officer mail as reminder mail
Mention all detail incl. screenshots in a word document and even attach that as pdf in your complaint pdf

RBI ombudsman will surely get your money back as well as compensation.
also ask for double triple compensation under mental agony.

nipun5

TF Buzz
Okay
Use first mail as your complaint mail
Include all middle mails in complaint mail pdf
Then use nodal officer mail as reminder mail
Mention all detail incl. screenshots in a word document and even attach that as pdf in your complaint pdf

RBI ombudsman will surely get your money back as well as compensation.
Thanks for replying.
I am not able to complain against scapia to the rbi ombudsman as I was trying to do it one day & when I searched for scapia there I couldn't find it.
I believe it is only for banks.
Do you have ombudsman for fintech companies also?
Please guide me through the right way.

nipun5

TF Buzz
Thanks for replying.
I am not able to complain against scapia to the rbi ombudsman as I was trying to do it one day & when I searched for scapia there I couldn't find it.
I have complained to consumer helpline though but they are asking for 45 days.

Pradumya

TF Ace
Thanks for replying.

I mentioned it already

nipun5

TF Buzz
I dont want to ask for any compensation just my refund back so shall I leave the compensation details blank as you mentioned before
Or asking compensation makes the issue solving process faster?

Pradumya

TF Ace
I dont want to ask for any compensation just my refund back so shall I leave the compensation details blank as you mentioned before

Or asking compensation makes the issue solving process faster?
Free k paiso se dushmani ho toh ask triple amount in both compensation fields and later mujhe bhej dena wo compensation ka paisa 🙏