• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ITR processing delay. "Has your ITR been processed yet?"

I filed my Spouse ITR-1 in the June month, Still it is under processing stage...Pls advice me what to do? To wait or need to refile?
I know people who did that in May itself and yet waiting for processing. Whatever I filed has been done by Sep 1 and refund credited on Sep 2.

It all depends on batch your ITR went it. Just like with irctc, it is not serial-wise booking of seats, same with IT department. It never get sent to batches in series. Many factors like how many ITRs are getting filed for a specific area and what is rate of order by AO for processing and many other factos matter. Until unless AO passes order to CPC, we can't do much.

You don't need to file again or even raise a complaint. Max. time for processing is 180 days by law so CBDT has its own time and the late it gets the more interest on refund you get which is better than savings. If there is no refund, just sit back and relax. In year 2017, my got processed in Jan next year. Many new filers who in few previous year got their processing and refund fast started thinking it is normal. The normal time actually is 30-45 days and if you get it processed same day or in 1 week, you are lucky. This year also 4-5 ITR 1 I filed in May/June got processed either same day or within 3 days. All depends on how AO responds. CPC only takes order from AO and can't process on its own.

This post is creating unnecessary pressure on those whose ITR is still not processed...Let me put some more pressure, Filed ITR 3 on 25th July with multiple sources of business Income and capital Gain....My ITR processed last week with refund more than 10% of total tax paid....

This post is creating unnecessary pressure on those whose ITR is still not processed...Let me put some more pressure, Filed ITR 3 on 25th July with multiple sources of business Income and capital Gain....My ITR processed last week with refund more than 10% of total tax paid....
True, I was in a tremendous pressure for my ITR was not processed for approx 2 months.
I filled simple "ITR 4" on July 7th,Refund Amount approx 5000.

I tried to decode; how they are selecting ITRs for processing .

1.Refund Amount: It matters a bit but this year I have seen, my friends and relatives with more than 50K refunds got their ITR processed in 7-10 days. And my ITR with 5K refund was stuck.

2. ITR type: People think: ITR 1,4 will be processed first but I was following many communities and Twitter (X) post everyday. Many ITR 3 with large refund was processed first but ITR 1/4 was not.

3. ITR filling date: Many people think ITR filed and verified first will be processed first. But this year, I saw ITR filed and verified on 31 July, was processed on 3/4 August. Where ITRs filed in June,July are still pending.

4. Alphabetical Order of Names: It doesn't matter at all.

5. Most importantly: If there is any mistake in income/ITR form. It will not be processed.
So I scrutinized my ITR thrice in last week , found no error. So, Decided to wait.
85% of the ITR was processed till then but my simple ITR with little refund was not.

Finally, ITR processing "intimation letter" has arrived via mail just now.

So, I have learnt a lesson. It doesn't matter, What is your ITR type, How much is the refund, When did your file ITR.
It's pure luck.
Just ensure that, you haven't made any mistake. Then, just wait. Today or tomorrow, it will be processed

True, I was in a tremendous pressure for my ITR was not processed for approx 2 months.

1.Refund Amount: It matters a bit but this year I have seen, my friends and relatives with more than 50K refunds got their ITR processed in 7-10 days. And my ITR with 5K refund was stuck.

2. ITR type: People think: ITR 1,4 will be processed first but I was following many communities and Twitter (X) post everyday. Many ITR 3 with large refund was processed first but ITR 1/4 was not.

3. ITR filling date: Many people think ITR filed and verified first will be processed first. But this year, I saw ITR filed and verified on 31 July, was processed on 3/4 August. Where ITRs filed in June,July are still pending.

5. Most importantly: If there is any mistake in income/ITR form. It will not be processed.
So I scrutinized my ITR thrice in last week , found no error. So, Decided to wait.
85% of the ITR was processed till then but my simple ITR with little refund was not.

So, I have learnt a lesson. It doesn't matter, What is your ITR type, How much is the refund, When did your file ITR.
It's pure luck.
Just ensure that, you haven't made any mistake. Then, just wait. Today or tomorrow, it will be processed
correct ✅ ITR is as unpredictable as life ♥

Funny part is while everyone is worried about there ITR processing.
I am still stuck with the fact that the ITR is processed, refund is issued but haven't reached my bank yet. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

PS: I did all checks + my CA that bank account is fine, the refund email says it may take upto 15 days.. so waiting for it :hehe:

Meanwhile @drsel be like
discussion review GIF

Me waiting for ER for 3 months

It's pure luck.
IT IS NOT LUCK.

Each filed ITR is allotted - online - to one of their ITOfficers by hiding the personal details (to avoid tracking n to ensure transparency n anonymity). Each such ITOfficer goes thru the return n processes it. If found with something unusual, he/she adds their observations. Then, it goes for next level for detailed processing. Thereafter, all such processed ones go for either refunds or demands or notices n scrutiny. Depending upon the amounts involved - for issue or demand raising - again - one or more ITOfficers are involved - then the intimations are to be generated to the bank - not by all ITOfficers but only by a very few n duly authorized Officers. Then comes the process of intimating the result to the Assessee. At each n every stage so many checks and balances are in place so that secrecy is maintained at all levels - no one knows who is processing whose ITR. Who knows, my ITR might have been getting processed by one ITOfficer and Mukhesh Ambani's or Amitabh's returns are in his inbox waiting for processing. Oh.. What a nice feeling.

IT IS NOT LUCK.

Each filed ITR is allotted - online - to one of their ITOfficers by hiding the personal details (to avoid tracking n to ensure transparency n anonymity). Each such ITOfficer goes thru the return n processes it. If found with something unusual, he/she adds their observations. Then, it goes for next level for detailed processing. Thereafter, all such processed ones go for either refunds or demands or notices n scrutiny. Depending upon the amounts involved - for issue or demand raising - again - one or more ITOfficers are involved - then the intimations are to be generated to the bank - not by all ITOfficers but only by a very few n duly authorized Officers. Then comes the process of intimating the result to the Assessee. At each n every stage so many checks and balances are in place so that secrecy is maintained at all levels - no one knows who is processing whose ITR. Who knows, my ITR might have been getting processed by one ITOfficer and Mukhesh Ambani's or Amitabh's returns are in his inbox waiting for processing. Oh.. What a nice feeling.
Sounding like semi automatic, not fully automatic

IT IS NOT LUCK.

One of my uncle is a retired IT officer. and the process is not what you are saying.

Sounding like semi automatic, not fully automatic
ANYTHING and EVERYTHING NEED NOT, and SHOULD NOT, BE FULLY AUTOMATED.

Routine, mundane, static, repetitive and uniform jobs n processes can be done - either partitially or completely.

All compliance issues can not be taken up on a fully automated way - if there multitude of rules, regulations, exemptions, reliefs, rebates, deductions n these keep on changing every year.

All compliance issues can not be taken up on a fully automated way - if there multitude of rules, regulations, exemptions, reliefs, rebates, deductions n these keep on changing every year.
Correct.. this is exactly we are facing with new fintech startup's apps. Fully automated and once account is flagged for some reason, no one to talk to .

I too am a Retired AGM-IT-Systems of SBI having taken VRS.

That does not make me an authority NOW in everything n anything in SBI. May be, I was dictating things back when we launched ATMS, INB, CSB n WAN.

That basic will apply to all Retired people. Including your's truly.

My brother-in-law - an IRS top guy - is ex-IT Commissioner for Goa, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Hyderabad and later was heading ITAppelite Tribunal - dealing with IT disputes running into Crores. We share a lot of info.

One of my uncle is a retired IT officer. and the process is not what you are saying.
Bro, processes change every year so that people mostly CAs can't use loopholes. My maternal uncle retired from bank too and these days you will find find him saying, "Process was not such while I was working" Toh once you are retired, you go to your home while Change is only constant that keeps on happening. No matter whatever you pick, every year there is a change. Take example of this site, every week you won't find the same thing you had last week. Earth rotates, processes change, and we dance to tunes of Universe everyday. :mandancing::womandancing:

Funny part is while everyone is worried about there ITR processing.
I am still stuck with the fact that the ITR is processed, refund is issued but haven't reached my bank yet. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

PS: I did all checks + my CA that bank account is fine, the refund email says it may take upto 15 days.. so waiting for it :hehe:
Ok so it finally reflected in my account today.
Chain of events:
Filed ITR: July 10th
Received 1st intimation: Aug 28
Received 2nd intimation about refund processed: Aug 30
Amount reflected in bank: sept 5th

I too am a Retired AGM-IT-Systems of SBI having taken VRS.

That does not make me an authority NOW in everything n anything in SBI. May be, I was dictating things back when we launched ATMS, INB, CSB n WAN.

That basic will apply to all Retired people. Including your's truly.

My brother-in-law - an IRS top guy - is ex-IT Commissioner for Goa, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Hyderabad and later was heading ITAppelite Tribunal - dealing with IT disputes running into Crores. We share a lot of info.
Sir,

Can I DM you for some advise relating to IT
Ok so it finally reflected in my account today.
Chain of events:
Filed ITR: July 10th
Received 1st intimation: Aug 28
Received 2nd intimation about refund processed: Aug 30
Amount reflected in bank: sept 5th
Was it a biggest refund ? As this kind of timeline is not what is normally seen..

Back