• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ITR processing delay. "Has your ITR been processed yet?"

I had to file a response to a defective return due to VDA
So had to file ITR 3 instead of ITR 4

Yet I have had no response yet after filing

Itachi uchiha is a character name from one of my all time favourite Japanese anime NARUTO. And yes, I don’t have any connection with hitachi appliances 🤣
OK. It reminded me Simpson's Episode

the simpsons internet GIF

Lisa believed the Simpsons' roots were too boring while preparing for her school's Multicultural Day presentations so decided to fabricate descent from a made-up Native American tribe. Lisa decided on a name when she looked around the kitchen and saw the Hitachi logo on the microwave and pronounced the name similar to Apache.

The relief is palpable!

I'm waiting for 2 more communications (2/4 family accounts done) so i can still relate.
Processing of ITR by CPC is not a relief for next 3 years. But only temprary relief. Just today received notice via email u/s 245 and they are demanding Rs.330 for AY2019-20 from me. Savings interest understated. :ROFLMAO: Before Sep 30 they will issue maximum tax demands as after that they won't be able to do beyond 3 years. One of my relative got tax demand of Rs.21300+Interest of Rs.39141 last week. haha TDS return was not filed by employer for that year and he claimed TDS against his PAN. Now he will go on a journey to employer's office to ask him to file TDS correction statement with tax department for that AY.

ITD knows that many file their Returns with deliberately tinkered figures to show lesser income, claim ineligible exemptions or rebates or reliefts under unrelated sections, not showing certain categories of income at all - like bank SB interests, postal deposits n interests, profits on trading shares/securities, sale proceeds of land/buildings, profits from abroad n cryptos, agricultural incomes.... and this list goes on and on and on....

From this year 24-25, even one rupee is not left out of all the above categories - thanks mainly to the 360degrees scanning n large scale integration of such various data streams.

If we are not as organized n systematic as the ITD is, we will face music. Costly music. So, we need to be more careful, with each passing day.

ITD knows that many file their Returns with deliberately tinkered figures to show lesser income, claim ineligible exemptions or rebates or reliefts under unrelated sections, not showing certain categories of income at all - like bank SB interests, postal deposits n interests, profits on trading shares/securities, sale proceeds of land/buildings, profits from abroad n cryptos, agricultural incomes.... and this list goes on and on and on....

From this year 24-25, even one rupee is not left out of all the above categories - thanks mainly to the 360degrees scanning n large scale integration of such various data streams.

If we are not as organized n systematic as the ITD is, we will face music. Costly music. So, we need to be more careful, with each passing day.
How people be so ignorant/unaware while AIS/TIS is crying out all the details.
There's no way to hide now.

Absolutely right.

Anyways, until now, never in my life, I understated any income or concealed any information. This savings interest was actually for a joint account I held with father but unknowingly I was primary holder and my PAN was quoted. I was under impression that it had my father's PAN. For that year, I filed ITR in May itself and AIS thing was not there so we had to arrange everything manually. So this one left out. AIS has started from FY 20-21 aka AY21-22. Currently there is no interest as they given 30 days. I just checked statement for that account and interest was Rs.1586 and they rounded it off to 330 as my slab was 20%+4%. Now will ask for rectification of that ITR to be enabled for me.

Never held account in post office. These days AIS is helpful but I keep every records myself manually too and collect all data with netbanking. People should also make it a habit to check their 26AS after every quarter so that any kind of discrepancies can be timely corrected.

How people be so ignorant/unaware while AIS/TIS is crying out all the details.
There's no way to hide now.
Bro AIS thing was not there in past. If you go and check it is staring from FY 2020-21. :) AIS is relying solely on PAN and can't track cash txns and also where PAN isn't get quoted. So people will keep using loopholes until unless even for Rs.1 cash txn you need to quote PAN or at outlets they will give you stuff only when you quote PAN. Stock market txns can't be hide by anyone as PAN is first thing when you go for Demat acc. and it is mandatory since 1992.

I filed my Spouse ITR-1 in the June month, Still it is under processing stage...Pls advice me what to do? To wait or need to refile?

I filed my Spouse ITR-1 in the June month, Still it is under processing stage...Pls advice me what to do? To wait or need to refile?
all we can do is wait.
I know people who raise SR regarding delay in processing, but eventually they just get automated reply. ITD will take there own sweet time to complete processing.

Back