• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ITR processing delay. "Has your ITR been processed yet?"

How to check status of revised ITR 2 filing? In the portal as well as app shows only the initial 139(1) ITR 2 filing status i.e not processed. I filled first one on 1st July and revised one on 2nd July. No refunds. Does first time itr filings need more time to process?

They started processing ITR 3 now, but my ITR 4 (5K refund only) has not been processed yet.

Ab thoda sa tension ho raha hai 🥲

Reactions: NCD
ITR1 - Filled on 29 June 2024 and just yesterday- 15 August 2024 I got my Refund Intimation email.

I expected them to complete by July itself like in 2023, however this time they took more time to process.

Last edited:
Same here.

In my case:
  1. Filed ITR-3 on 11th July.
  2. No tax liability
  3. No expected refund
Despite this, it has still not been processed.

My dad's ITR-2, filed on 4th July, has not been processed either. He also has no expected refund, but had tax liability of around ₹40K.

Feeling really dhak-dhak-dhak now, :cold-face:
Don't worry buddy, All is well.

Same here.

In my case:
  1. Filed ITR-3 on 11th July.
  2. No tax liability
  3. No expected refund
Despite this, it has still not been processed.

My dad's ITR-2, filed on 4th July, has not been processed either. He also has no expected refund, but had tax liability of around ₹40K.

Feeling really dhak-dhak-dhak now, :cold-face:
If you have hidden something in your ITR then definitely dhak dhak should be there...If you declared honestly then chill and enjoy...

If you have hidden something in your ITR then definitely dhak dhak should be there...If you declared honestly then chill and enjoy...
Ever since their whole tech infrastructure was revamped 3 years ago—including the CPC—things have gotten really faster. Of late, I've commonly noticed that ITR processing is usually delayed for such cases wherein the refund amount is larger. Even the returns which are not in order with AIS have been returned with defects quickly. So, the things are indeed worrying for me given my case mentioned above. 😭

Ever since their whole tech infrastructure was revamped 3 years ago—including the CPC—things have gotten really faster. Of late, I've commonly noticed that ITR processing is usually delayed for such cases wherein the refund amount is larger. Even the returns which are not in order with AIS have been returned with defects quickly. So, the things are indeed worrying for me given my case mentioned above. 😭
Bro...I understand your concern but Don't worry....My ITR is always processed after 5/6 months but i never worry as i have not hidden anything...

This year income tax is delaying the processing of ITR and the refund.
I filed ITR 4 on 7th July.
It is under processing till today.
Please share your ITR processing time this year and the time taken for the refund to be credited in the bank account.
I have filed 6 for family, 5 got processed and refunded, one main with many different income heads etc is pending, all filled on last day 30/31st

Back