• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

It's it possible to reverse the fees and close an HDFC credit card after annual fees haa been charged?

maynigam

TF Premier
Hello guys
My Regalia Gold was issued on 20th Sept 2023 and I emailed them on 19th Sept 2024 for LTF conversion and unfortunately the fees was also charged on 19th Sept 2024.
I don't have any other spends on the card and amount due is Fees+GST.
They have refused LTF conversion and are demanding that I clear the dues (fees + gst) and then apply for card closure.
What nonsense is this? How do I close the card without paying fees?

Hello guys
My Regalia Gold was issued on 20th Sept 2023 and I emailed them on 19th Sept 2024 for LTF conversion and unfortunately the fees was also charged on 19th Sept 2024.
I don't have any other spends on the card and amount due is Fees+GST.
They have refused LTF conversion and are demanding that I clear the dues (fees + gst) and then apply for card closure.
What nonsense is this? How do I close the card without paying fees?
What did you expect?
You will send email just one day before the renewal date,and they will convert your card to ltf that day itself 🤣🤣🤣🤣

You should have tried this 10 days ago of renewal.

For now you have no option other than paying the fees or ruining your cibil

What did you expect?
You will send email just one day before the renewal date,and they will convert your card to ltf that day itself 🤣🤣🤣🤣

You should have tried this 10 days ago of renewal.

For now you have no option other than paying the fees or ruining your cibil
I did not remember my card renewal date. I sent the email on 19th just by chance. I had read somewhere about some banks reversing fees even after it was charged. That is why I didn't pay much attention to renewal date. I think HDFC is not as honest as others like Amex!
Is there no way out for me?

I did not remember my card renewal date. I sent the email on 19th just by chance. I had read somewhere about some banks reversing fees even after it was charged. That is why I didn't pay much attention to renewal date. I think HDFC is not as honest as others like Amex!
Is there no way out for me?
i think no,but try karke dekho

I don't think you can get away without paying the fees.
So, pay the fees before the due date in your statement, else your CIBIL will also get screwed. Then you have one year to try to convert it to LTF using various tricks in this forum.

I really dont understand what you are asking !
Ofcourse you can close your card anytime, the question which you should have asked (and kept the heading) is that whether they will reverse your annual fees once its posted in your account!
The answer is yes, talk to them and see if they reverse it or reduce it. But it all depends on them, if they dont make any changes, you need to pay it and then its your wish to continue using for current year or close your card.

I really dont understand what you are asking !
Ofcourse you can close your card anytime, the question which you should have asked (and kept the heading) is that whether they will reverse your annual fees once its posted in your account!
The answer is yes, talk to them and see if they reverse it or reduce it. But it all depends on them, if they dont make any changes, you need to pay it and then its your wish to continue using for current year or close your card.
D o n e

First thing first .You have to pay the fees. No way they will simply remove it. After paying the fees talk to the retention team and request to reverse
But after paying the fees, I have no negotiating power with them na? I don't want to make spends on this useless card!
I think I'll just pay and then complaint to RBI ombudsman. How can they charge me fees when I want to close the card?

But after paying the fees, I have no negotiating power with them na? I don't want to make spends on this useless card!
I think I'll just pay and then complaint to RBI ombudsman. How can they charge me fees when I want to close the card?
yes they can . You can't complaint about any irrelevant things. You should have canceled it before renewal. Let me give you an example. Suppose you use amazon prime worth 1499, Automatically it will charge you 1499 after one year (if you use cc as payment option) if you do not cancel it before that. Now do you think complaining to Amazon or Consumer Court will return your money, just because you don't want to continue ?

No one (even RBI) would entertain you if you send a mail 1 day before stmt generation date, asking for card closure. Card billing happens 1 day before i.e. cutoff date was on the day you mailed. As the system is automated, it can not be stopped if the closure request is raised on same day.

Once stmt is generated, you are liable to pay. The only way out of it is to pay it.

By seeing your replies, I (and maybe every other person on TF) have already understood that you do not wish to understand (and accept) that you are at fault and are trying to justify your mistake.

Take it up with Grievance Redressal about fee reversal (do not say that you wish to close it). If they reverse it, then use the credit amount and then raise closure request (but its totally upto your negotiation skills).

Back