• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

JUPITER RUPAY CSB EDGE CREDIT CARD

techhdate

TF Premier
I got this plastic delivered today. Yes, I know it was a bit late, but it's a cool devalued card with a transparent side, so nice to add it to my collection.
2 percent back on shopping, which is still not bad for a LTF card.

How is your experience with this card been?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-15 193012.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-15 193012.png
    222.6 KB · Views: 179

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
They claim its not a requirement but its shady & deceptive. I've not seen anyone get this card without already having an account.

And if you install the app and register on it, by default it'll create an account for you, I don't think there is any other way it can do.

I opened Jupiter account only thinking about possibility of getting this card (when it was not devaluated), but after opening account, my waitlist went from 9300 to 4.5 lakh lol. Their customer care claimed they'll consider the original waitlist number, but I don't think they can do it, as the queue would replace my mobile number with updated waitlist number, plus I haven't got invite till date, even though people with 80k waitlist have received invite. But yeah, now with 0.4% rewards, I'll not only not have this card but close Jupiter too, zero benefit as such, as I already have BoB Snapdeal which gives 1% with no app restrictions.
I got the card without any Jupiter account. Many got it without holding an account previously with them.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
For redeeming jewels which I get as reward points with this card it asks me to open savings account, how to redeem jewels without saving account
You can redeem jewels as same value using vouchers like ASV, Swiggy / Zomato etc. if you want to convert jewels into cash then opening the account is mandatory. I have opened the account with them after getting the card in order to redeem jewels as cash back.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Oh that's news to me... but how do you access the card details on app then?
1. Did the app let you register without creating an account?
2. was your waitlist no < 9300?
Yes, offcourse. I registered and filled in the application without holding any account with them.

My WL was around 6400. Had registered last September -October.

mrbean007

TF Buzz
According to me one of the best credit card till date as I am using it since last more than 6 months and has given me an average cashback of 3-3.5pc which is best among UPI credit card industry. Not a single transaction has failed till now. Only.requirement is of account which one has to open to Avail this card. Now this cashback has also devaluated to 2pc as per category and not on all UPI spends which is tricky.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
According to me one of the best credit card till date as I am using it since last more than 6 months and has given me an average cashback of 3-3.5pc which is best among UPI credit card industry. Not a single transaction has failed till now. Only.requirement is of account which one has to open to Avail this card. Now this cashback has also devaluated to 2pc as per category and not on all UPI spends which is tricky.
There is no need to open an account. Yes, after getting the card you can consider opening an account if you want to redeem jewels as cash instead of vouchers.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
There is no need to open an account. Yes, after getting the card you can consider opening an account if you want to redeem jewels as cash instead of vouchers.
I can't even open the app. As soon as I enter my number, it gives me error "Sorry, your account could not be created."
I am not trying to open an account but apply for this card. Looks like they are not interested in giving me this card. I should just stop checking. :censored:

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I can't even open the app. As soon as I enter my number, it gives me error "Sorry, your account could not be created."
I am not trying to open an account but apply for this card. Looks like they are not interested in giving me this card. I should just stop checking. :censored:
That's sad. It's a good card otherwise.

Blackfyre

TF Buzz
Yeah same thing for me, been holding a Jupiter Pro account for over a year. Applied when the card was released, my waitlist number was around 16k and yet I was only allowed to apply 2 days ago. Some vague eligibility check was done and they instantly decided I wasn't eligible. Could be due to inconsistent profile details like someone had mentioned. But not sure.

However, I'm still getting notifications to apply for the card, which is annoying as hell.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yeah same thing for me, been holding a Jupiter Pro account for over a year. Applied when the card was released, my waitlist number was around 16k and yet I was only allowed to apply 2 days ago. Some vague eligibility check was done and they instantly decided I wasn't eligible. Could be due to inconsistent profile details like someone had mentioned. But not sure.

However, I'm still getting notifications to apply for the card, which is annoying as hell.
Jupiter account is being provided by Federal Bank while Edge Rupay card is being provided by CSB bank.

techhdate

TF Premier
Yeah I'm aware, but it's still being managed by Jupiter though. I'm blaming Jupiter if anything, it was just annoying staying on a waitlist for over 6 months and then rejected for no clear reason.
From what I gathered, if you have many different office and home addresses in your credit reports, they're getting rejected.

pavan_setty1

TF Buzz
I got this plastic delivered today. Yes, I know it was a bit late, but it's a cool devalued card with a transparent side, so nice to add it to my collection.

Previously they were giving upto 5% on most of the transactions now it's flat 2% and also that to only for some categories

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Besides being a good looking card (and the cool packaging it comes, plus the stickers), in terms of usability the Jupiter CSB Edge Rupay CC is fairly useless. At best you can call it another LTF card without any USPs. Earlier, they would give you up to 5% cashback back on UPI spends when paid via the Jupiter app (system would show how many jewels you would receive for the transaction). They have devalued it drastically (CB is 0.4% now) but they claim it is done as per user feedback. They claim users were not clear earlier on CB (since it was UP TO 5% on UPI).

The 2% back on shopping is for some merchants only. You will only get 0.4% at most shops. Net-net, haven't found one person who has anything good to say about this card after the devaluation.

On the plus side if you do get rewards (Jewels) the Jewels to cash conversion is super easy. Wish more banks had an easy UI like this for redemption.

Planning to close this card soon. Sad, because it was my first Rupay card and I liked the look, and generally Jupiter's neobanking services with Federal Bank are decent.

There is an Amazon Pay voucher offer on first transaction and some extra cashback on first 3 UPI transactions. Make sure you get it. At least some compensation for having given your data to Jupiter. :)