• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak Myntra Credit Card with zero fee for upto 3 years

The simple logic is "If you got those 1000 as actual cashback in card statement, you'd be 'paying' that money from your bank as per your logic, but that money was cashback anyways so it's free. When you get a cashback on a card in any app wallet (like neucoins or swiggy money, even hdfc points redemption for hotels/flights), you don't get the special benefit/cashback that you'd ideally get for spending again on that app"

Simple example, if i spend 20k on amazon and get 1000 cb on Millennia card, I can again spend 1000 from my card and get another 50 cb.
However if I spent 20k from Amazon pay card, I'd get 1000 cb in apay, and buying anything from that 1000 won't give any new cashback.
Effectively losing 50 rs in the process as depreciation in points/cb.

This is common for almost all co-branded credit cards.
As of now cashbacks are outside the tax net. But sooner or later, they will be brought into it. If you are earning "coins/points" and using them for buying further with the same vendor, it can be treated as a "discount". But direct cashbacks will always be income.
But of course, that will come into factor only beyond a certain treshhold value.

Back