• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak Unsecured Credit Card - Need Suggestions!

xfactcc

TF Premier
Hey everyone,

Looking to apply for an unsecured credit card with Kotak Mahindra Bank. The last time I tried in 2022, my application got rejected because of "unserviceable pin code" even though my nearest branch is just 5 km away.

Here's my situation:

* I'm an existing Kotak 811 account holder.
* I used to have a Dream Different FD card that I had to cancel because I was told, to apply for unsecured card existing card had to go (big mistake)
* When I did, THEN it was rejected citing pin code issue
* Next 2 years I couldn't hold any credit card with Kotak, even FD backed card because it didn't allow me until now
* Kotak only seems to be offering me FD-linked card under 'pre-approved' section

**What's the best course of action here?**

* Is there any way to check if my pin code is serviceable for unsecured cards before applying?
* Any recommendations for unsecured Kotak cards that might have a higher chance of approval?
* C2C? I have multiple mid-range cards with nearly 3L highest limit
* Can't afford CIBIL enquiry because score it hit at the moment

Thanks in advance for the advice!

fin_avid

TF Buzz
You r tf buzz can't give you more info .

Bank account passbook can be used to chnge addhar address ..
Or just open new Bank account at new address
Change your aadhar address to that address
Then change indusind ..
Or
Contact that city branch rm .open another indus account & use new address
Since u have branch in that city .
U can use that branch to update within city as new communication address without proof
I tried both online and thru Branch. And they are strict on this aadhar address (or passport voter ID kind of thing.) in my branch.. Ll approach using yr last point. Hope you are saying for kotak oly but typed as indus.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I tried both online and thru Branch. And they are strict on this aadhar address (or passport voter ID kind of thing.) in my branch.. Ll approach using yr last point. Hope you are saying for kotak oly but typed as indus.
Lol kotak ..
If u were older member .. there was a instant remedy