• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak Unsecured Credit Card - Need Suggestions!

xfactcc

TF Premier
Hey everyone,

Looking to apply for an unsecured credit card with Kotak Mahindra Bank. The last time I tried in 2022, my application got rejected because of "unserviceable pin code" even though my nearest branch is just 5 km away.

Here's my situation:

* I'm an existing Kotak 811 account holder.
* I used to have a Dream Different FD card that I had to cancel because I was told, to apply for unsecured card existing card had to go (big mistake)
* When I did, THEN it was rejected citing pin code issue
* Next 2 years I couldn't hold any credit card with Kotak, even FD backed card because it didn't allow me until now
* Kotak only seems to be offering me FD-linked card under 'pre-approved' section

**What's the best course of action here?**

* Is there any way to check if my pin code is serviceable for unsecured cards before applying?
* Any recommendations for unsecured Kotak cards that might have a higher chance of approval?
* C2C? I have multiple mid-range cards with nearly 3L highest limit
* Can't afford CIBIL enquiry because score it hit at the moment

Thanks in advance for the advice!

raghu.rokda

TF Ace
Looking to apply for an unsecured credit card with Kotak Mahindra Bank. The last time I tried in 2022, my application got rejected because of "unserviceable pin code" even though my nearest branch is just 5 km away
Branch doesn’t matter if your pincode is not serviceable for credit card

raghu.rokda

TF Ace
* I used to have a Dream Different FD card that I had to cancel because I was told, to apply for unsecured card existing card had to go
You don’t have to cancel fd card if your pincode is not serviceable

There is no option other than kotak FD card if pincode is not serviceable

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hey everyone,

Looking to apply for an unsecured credit card with Kotak Mahindra Bank. The last time I tried in 2022, my application got rejected because of "unserviceable pin code" even though my nearest branch is just 5 km away.

Here's my situation:

* I used to have a Dream Different FD card that I had to cancel because I was told, to apply for unsecured card existing card had to go (big mistake)
* Next 2 years I couldn't hold any credit card with Kotak, even FD backed card because it didn't allow me until now
* Kotak only seems to be offering me FD-linked card under 'pre-approved' section

* Is there any way to check if my pin code is serviceable for unsecured cards before applying?
* Any recommendations for unsecured Kotak cards that might have a higher chance of approval?

D m
Me 😂

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hey everyone,

Here's my situation:

In short change your kotak account address to metro city .
There won't be a hiccups of any card application in kotak.even kotak white.

Else on other pincode it will always be a hit & miss.
Some card will be available .
Some will be rejected

xfactcc

TF Premier

Some will be rejected
Doesn't it depend on residence pincode, even if I shift my branch to metro, my residence pincode will still be same.

imuntitled

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Some will be rejected
accurate info 👀

fin_avid

TF Buzz
Hey everyone,

Here's my situation:

I am in exact same situation. Mine is edge savings account. I contacted my branch and they gave contact of some offline agent number (dont know whether its official bank CC team or third party ).

But they gave me bunch of nearby Pincodes which are serviceable and asked me to choose one where I can collect my card from. But they offered oly paid cards. Like pvr iocl. Not even myntra. So confused whether to take it. Or wait for LTF offers .

xfactcc

TF Premier
I am in exact same situation. Mine is edge savings account. I contacted my branch and they gave contact of some offline agent number (dont know whether its official bank CC team or third party ).

But they gave me bunch of nearby Pincodes which are serviceable and asked me to choose one where I can collect my card from. But they offered oly paid cards. Like pvr iocl. Not even myntra. So confused whether to take it. Or wait for LTF offers .
No League? Push them for LTF card which are by default LTF, shouldn't be difficult for them.

Or you can get paid card if it is certain and later upgrade to LTF.

fin_avid

TF Buzz
No League? Push them for LTF card which are by default LTF, shouldn't be difficult for them.

Or you can get paid card if it is certain and later upgrade to LTF.

I did apply once for league LTF thru website by Dec end (tat was the 6 month period after closure of my secured credit card.). They dint even do a cibil hit but rejected it . basic customer care mail response was non serviceable pin code. Escalated till level 2. Still rejected without citing any reason. Tried escalating to level 3 but never got any reply from level 3 even after raising request thru their website 2 times(each 45 days apart).

So tried offline thru Branch via tat CC team and they were pushing for paid cards. So thought of giving some time and ask them for LTF.

Ll ask by this month end . Ll update.
Nw i am paying all my CC bill using kotak DC oly.

Any other things i can do to improve my chance of approval. ??

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I did apply once for league LTF thru website by Dec end (tat was the 6 month period after closure of my secured credit card.). They dint even do a cibil hit but rejected it . basic customer care mail response was non serviceable pin code. Escalated till level 2. Still rejected without citing any reason. Tried escalating to level 3 but never got any reply from level 3 even after raising request thru their website 2 times(each 45 days apart).

So tried offline thru Branch via tat CC team and they were pushing for paid cards. So thought of giving some time and ask them for LTF.

Ll ask by this month end . Ll update.
Nw i am paying all my CC bill using kotak DC oly.

Any other things i can do to improve my chance of approval. ??
Just change your address mate

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
It takes oly aadhar address ... Any other way we can change address ???
You r tf buzz can't give you more info .

Bank account passbook can be used to chnge addhar address ..
Or just open new Bank account at new address
Change your aadhar address to that address
Then change indusind ..
Or
Contact that city branch rm .open another indus account & use new address
Since u have branch in that city .
U can use that branch to update within city as new communication address without proof