• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Laptop buying help [NOT so urgent]

so i am judge here..and i can say.. @CosmicCat wins..so ips wins..
Agree perhaps the only wise cat 🙀 here which understood the entire cosmos unlike other cats 🙀 lurking here.
valentines day love GIF by Boomerang Official

62 k
ASUS TUF Gaming A15, 15.6" FHD 16:9 144Hz 250nits, AMD Ryzen 5 7535HS Processor, Gaming Laptop (16GB RAM/512GB SSD/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050/Windows 11/Office 2021/Graphite Black/2.3 Kg),FA566NC-HN083WS https://amzn.in/d/1J96Pr4

Limited-time deal: ASUS TUF F15 Gaming Laptop, Intel Core i5-11400H 11th Gen, 15.6-inch (39.62 cm) FHD 144Hz,(16GB RAM/512GB SSD/4GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2050/Windows 11/ RGB Backlit KB/Black/2.30 kg), FX506HF-HN025W https://amzn.in/d/1ZGlKxV

ASUS Vivobook 15 Thin and Light Laptop,Intel Core i5-12500H 12th Gen, 15.6" (39.62 cm) FHD, (16GB RAM/512GB/Win11/Office 2021/Blue/1.7 kg), X1502ZA-EJ541WS https://amzn.in/d/5JlPd9i

Last edited:
bro it cant be answered..only he knows what he needs..he has ample time now to google and youtube and get his laptop..then check in reliance store..and buy online
Haha, right.

@HumorSimpson - here's a piece of advice I want to share with you: If you find a laptop online that seems like the perfect fit, don’t wait for a sale. Just go ahead and buy it. There's a good chance that particular model might not be available after a week or so.

Sometimes, good laptops can go out of stock and might not even show up in search results, meaning you'd have to keep checking for days. Remember, a laptop is a long-term purchase, so make your decision wisely.

Also, as @Arkapal Sen mentioned, you can see a demo of the laptop's series you've chosen online at any retail store. It doesn't have to be the exact model, but can be any model from the chosen series. You'd come to know about the build quality and the overall "feel."

Haha, right.

@HumorSimpson - here's a piece of advice I want to share with you: If you find a laptop online that seems like the perfect fit, don’t wait for a sale. Just go ahead and buy it. There's a good chance that particular model might not be available after a week or so.

Sometimes, good laptops can go out of stock and might not even show up in search results, meaning you'd have to keep checking for days. Remember, a laptop is a long-term purchase, so make your decision wisely.

Also, as @Arkapal Sen mentioned, you can see a demo of the laptop's series you've chosen online at any retail store. It doesn't have to be the exact model, but can be any model from the chosen series. You'd come to know about the build quality and the overall "feel."
The above 62 k shows launched on August 10th. There is a high chance that is going to 50k in sale. Typical pattern of price is, there is a fall of 10k after one month of launch.

62 k
ASUS TUF Gaming A15, 15.6" FHD 16:9 144Hz 250nits, AMD Ryzen 5 7535HS Processor, Gaming Laptop (16GB RAM/512GB SSD/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050/Windows 11/Office 2021/Graphite Black/2.3 Kg),FA566NC-HN083WS https://amzn.in/d/1J96Pr4

Limited-time deal: ASUS TUF F15 Gaming Laptop, Intel Core i5-11400H 11th Gen, 15.6-inch (39.62 cm) FHD 144Hz,(16GB RAM/512GB SSD/4GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2050/Windows 11/ RGB Backlit KB/Black/2.30 kg), FX506HF-HN025W https://amzn.in/d/1ZGlKxV

ASUS Vivobook 15 Thin and Light Laptop,Intel Core i5-12500H 12th Gen, 15.6" (39.62 cm) FHD, (16GB RAM/512GB/Win11/Office 2021/Blue/1.7 kg), X1502ZA-EJ541WS https://amzn.in/d/5JlPd9i
All the laptops you've chosen have an H series processor. H series processors are made solely for gaming and other graphic-intensive tasks.

You could experience the following problems with such a processor:
  1. Overheating.
  2. Very short battery capacity, and hence the life.
  3. Any part of the laptop could go bad due to heat and poor thermals. You might even experience unexpected shutdowns.
  4. High chance it can't even play your desired game properly, as it could crash due to poor thermals. So you'd have to play in low graphics, which even a laptop with non-H series processor could play easily.
If you're into gaming, build a desktop. You'll have a much smoother and better experience! Or rather buy a proper gaming laptop with good thermals and high battery capacity, but it could cost you a fortune.

The above 62 k shows launched on August 10th. There is a high chance that is going to 50k in sale. Typical pattern of price is, there is a fall of 10k after one month of launch.
Or a likely higher chance that it's not going to be available in sale. 😜

All the laptops you've chosen have an H series processor. H series processors are made solely for gaming and other graphic-intensive tasks.

1. Overheating.
  3. Any part of the laptop could go bad due to heat and poor thermals. You might even experience unexpected shutdowns.
  4. High chance it can't even play your desired game properly, as it could crash due to poor thermals. So you'd have to play in low graphics, which even a laptop with non-H series processor could play easily.
If you're into gaming, build a desktop. You'll have a much smoother and better experience! Or rather buy a proper gaming laptop with good thermals and high battery capacity, but it could cost you a fortune.

So please show me a laptop ~50k. But isn't U, an underclocked?

1. Overheating.

ab ye thora unsensible baat kardi cat vai ne..high end processor gives raw power..so heat more..and underclock series will give low perf and less heat..
ye sab electronics mein hota hai..faltu heat ko over over dikhaneka no meaning..H series is alwys best..reasons..as time goes..apps will be heavy..U series will start crying then..H series will be saviour..and i will choose more smoothy experience than low heat laggy exp

So please show me a laptop ~50k. But isn't U, an underclocked?
Actually, the 'U' series processors aren't underclocked. It's amusing that you thought that way! 😄 The 'U' stands for "Ultra-low power," designed specifically for laptops. Sure, you can't overclock them, but that's not the reason you should ignore them. Recently, U series processors have been delivering impressive processing power. And they've come a long way since their introduction.

I'll try to suggest some laptops for you. Could you tell me what your specific use cases are?

Actually, the 'U' series processors aren't underclocked. It's amusing that you thought that way! 😄 The 'U' stands for "Ultra-low power," designed specifically for laptops. Sure, you can't overclock them, but that's not the reason you should ignore them. Recently, U series processors have been delivering impressive processing power. And they've come a long way since their introduction.

I'll try to suggest some laptops for you. Could you tell me what your specific use cases are?
Typical docs, video calling etc. Not for gaming but it will be good to have a rtx 2050 atleast

ab ye thora unsensible baat kardi cat vai ne..high end processor gives raw power..so heat more..and underclock series will give low perf and less heat..
ye sab electronics mein hota hai..faltu heat ko over over dikhaneka no meaning..H series is alwys best..reasons..as time goes..apps will be heavy..U series will start crying then..H series will be saviour..and i will choose more smoothy experience than low heat laggy exp
Bhai, pehle samajh ki *over*heat hota kyun hai. Kyunki laptop ke thermals weak hote hain.

Maine isiliye later yeh bhi kaha ki:
Or rather buy a proper gaming laptop with good thermals and high battery capacity, but it could cost you a fortune.

U series used to be bad until 4-5 years ago. Any laptop with at least a recent Intel Core i5 or Ryzen-equivalent, 16GB RAM, and am NVMe SSD would work ultra-fast.

Bhai, pehle samajh ki *over*heat hota kyun hai. Kyunki laptop ke thermals weak hote hain.

Maine isiliye later yeh bhi kaha ki:

U series used to be bad until 4-5 years ago. Any laptop with at least a recent Intel Core i5 or Ryzen-equivalent, 16GB RAM, and am NVMe SSD would work ultra-fast.
buy a cooler..simple..other than gaming normal task mein H doesnt heat a lot

Back