• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Late payment notice email by federal bank

manit

TF Buzz
Hi, I just received an email from the Federal Bank stating that I have an overdue payment on my Federal Bank credit card. I have checked and verified my last three months' statements and payments on the Federal Bank app, and they were all within the due date. I'm not sure what is happening here.

I have already emailed them regarding this. Please let me know what else I can do about this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240708_233855_Gmail.webp
    Screenshot_20240708_233855_Gmail.webp
    70.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Seems the guys in technical team sent a mail to all customers instead of only those who didnt pay the bill fully. Had a conversation with the Cust Care agent he said nothing to worry wrongly sent to ALL Credit Card holders of Federal Bank not only to select individuals.

There wont be any reporting so please dont be alarmed

Hi, I just received an email from the Federal Bank stating that I have an overdue payment on my Federal Bank credit card. I have checked and verified my last three months' statements and payments on the Federal Bank app, and they were all within the due date. I'm not sure what is happening here.

I have already emailed them regarding this. Please let me know what else I can do about this?
Maybe they wanted to check how many users respond to the mail and call them 😂 or how many create threads on TF.

Really terrible from Federal Bank to send such a nuclear email at 1AM in the night. 1AM!
Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 1.56.18 AM.webp

Here's the funny part -
When I called Fed customer care at 2 AM, the guy greeted me with a "Good Morning". He knew customers would've lost their sleep over this email.
I didn't even need to explain the issue. Evidently, customers have been calling all night to get this issue resolved.
He ended the call assuring me to get a night's sleep, and greeted me with a "Good Night". 🤣

Last edited:
Thankfully I don't have Federal CC. This seems more like a human error than a technical glitch. The person/team who is responsible for sending the automated emails selected all the email ids instead of the ones who has actually defaulted.
Another possibility is they may have received the wrong data.

Same received. I contacted them on Facebook now and got reply that same mail was sent to almost all federal Bank customers by mistake. If bill payment is done on time, then no need to worry.

It seems like many, if not all, Federal Bank card holders have received this email. I too received it, even though i haven't used my card in over a month. A user on reddit confirmed on a similar post on the Credit cards India subreddit that they called the customer care about the same and were told not to worry as it was a system error.

Such incidents are getting so commonplace that I genuinely get the urge to close all but the most frequently used cards.

Back