• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

LIC payment through Tata Neu card

So as LIC is owned by the government, a user is not eligible to earn coins by paying LIC payment on the Neu app via bill pay.

See below my chat with Neu customer care.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-06-14-16-16-329_com.tatadigital.tcp.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-06-14-16-16-329_com.tatadigital.tcp.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 45
So as LIC is owned by the government, a user is not eligible to earn coins by paying LIC payment on the Neu app via bill pay.

See below my chat with Neu customer care.
Did you escalate it further? I guess the MCC would be of insurance rather than govt. services.

Did you escalate it further? I guess the MCC would be of insurance rather than govt. services.
I dropped them an email but no reply as yet. Then followed up with customer care about that email today and was told the same thing that LIC is owned by Govt of India, hence will be considered as govt spend and is not eligible. Asked if this is a new update since some folks have got insurance bonus points for such payments, they did not comment.

So I am not sure who to believe. Think I will use another card to pay this insurance premium.

I dropped them an email but no reply as yet. Then followed up with customer care about that email today and was told the same thing that LIC is owned by Govt of India, hence will be considered as govt spend and is not eligible. Asked if this is a new update since some folks have got insurance bonus points for such payments, they did not comment.

So I am not sure who to believe. Think I will use another card to pay this insurance premium.
For this month payments, i received 1.5% coins, next statement i need to check about 3.5% as bonus

For last month payments, i rcvd 5% in total

Aise to most electricity, water, utility boards are govt owned.
Saare utility spends Govt expenses hue fir to.
You can escalate to HDFC grievance. You are paying via Tata Neu Insurance gateway.. not at LIC website.. so I don't believe Govt MCC is applicable.

You are paying for 'Insurance' not for GST/income tax/NPS.. i hope you understand.

Do check with HDFC reg the MCC for the transaction first.

Back