• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

List of UPI Apps which does not need SMS Permission

nits123

TF Select
Recently, i came to know that SMS permission is not mandatory for UPI apps and it is required only at the time of registration. Only phone permission is mandatory all the times....I checked most of the UPI apps and all of them need SMS permission. I am looking for UPI app without SMS permission.

Some apps work without SMS permission for a day or two but again ask for SMS permission.

Till now, I have found only one UPI app which works without SMS permission and they also mention that it is not mandatory to provide SMS permission. The app is Samsung Wallet

If you know any other UPI app which does not need SMS permission, please share.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Your experience?

In comparison to Paytm and Slice?
Tata Neu app only for this these two months only .. will get my bonus 2k soon..

Not bad app.. pretty good if we can target the right spends..
No complaints.. but only for specific purposes , not for general use

hundredth

TF Buzz
Bro, it's one time for verification purpose.

It's at least not like BHIM, which requires standing permission, when SMS permission is enabled one can't even use the app. 😂
I used it like that for some time. It logged me out one day and does not allow login without SMS permission. Wait until it logs you out.

Last edited:

#aniket

TF Ace
I used it like that for sime time. It logged me out one day and does not allow login without SMS permission. Wait until it logs you out.
Then this will save me:
Screenshot_20240429-125436.jpg

This worked effectively, I have logged out from WhatsApp and then given contacts permission, though no saved contact name was shown there to me until turning off this feature for WhatsApp at that time. 😂

This work in a way, when there is secured mode enabled for a particular app, when that app takes that particular permission to fetch the data, it can only view blank data available. 😂