• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Lounge overcrowding decreased?

perhaps you haven't heard, key aiports across india have been leased to Adani for the next 50 years (including Lucknow). they already started charging exorbitant fees.

P.S. UDF fee is part of total fare you pay for each ticket

View attachment 58019

I think this will not only affect the lounge crowd but the overall crowd at the airport.

10x hike in fees seems like he's taking revenge on Ambani and wants to cross his wealth in one year itself!

It's been almost an year since this thread started, and plenty of banks have davlued their lounge offerings

And yet when yesterday i went to Loyalty Lounge in T1 BOM, the receptionist told me lounge was almost full, it was indeed overflowing with people, and the food & service suffering as usual

So why hasn't things changed ?
Does on-going devaluation by the likes of ICICI and others have any effect in near future ?

It's been almost an year since this thread started, and plenty of banks have davlued their lounge offerings

And yet when yesterday i went to Loyalty Lounge in T1 BOM, the receptionist told me lounge was almost full, it was indeed overflowing with people, and the food & service suffering as usual

Does on-going devaluation by the likes of ICICI and others have any effect in near future ?
One reason: Most of the times the trips are planned well in advance & people are smart enough to make required spends before the travelling month upfront to meet criteria for free lounge access on their particular card. So until the lounge accesses are not revoked on basic cards or spend requirement not increased 2x-3x for lounge access the chances of overcrowding to decrease will remain low.

More people started to use flights. More people started using lounge than they planned. Maybe they would have planned for a 100-200 seater lounge 10 years back when they built it. But the crowd is way more than that.

India is overpopulated.

Overcrowded airports need more lounges. Maybe 4-5 domestic lounges each with a 500 seater capacity.

More people started to use flights. More people started using lounge than they planned. Maybe they would have planned for a 100-200 seater lounge 10 years back when they built it. But the crowd is way more than that.

India is overpopulated.

Overcrowded airports need more lounges. Maybe 4-5 domestic lounges each with a 500 seater capacity.
In addition, charge something like 250 per person for usage and remove access from all debit cards except those with real HNI accounts. Similarly, remove access from most cards or make it contingent upon spending a few lakhs per annum.

I personally have so many debit cards providing lounge access in addition to various credit cards. I feel that most of them should not offer it.

Last edited:

India is overpopulated.

This i noticed myself, i was at gate 27 on T1 BOM, there was barely any place to sit near the gate,

Whole terminal was crowded overall, and big lines at security check as usual

I think it's high time credit card companies should come up with different lounges for different category of cards,
Like a standard lounges for debit cards, basic and premium cards
And another more premium for Super Premium Cards, this would really sell their ₹10k+ cards to the elites

In addition, charge something like 250 per person for usage and remove access from all debit cards except those with real HNI accounts. Similarly, remove access from most cards or make it contingent upon spending a few lakhs per annum.

I personally have so many debit cards providing lounge access in addition to various credit cards. I feel that most of them should not offer it.
I know what you mean, I've got like 6/Qtr just on 3 Rupay debit cards,

This might be little controversial but i think NCPI is a little to blame here, they've pushed Rupay both with banks by compulsion and customers by offerings,
Even if i didn't have any credit cards today, i could easily fullfill most of my lounge needs just between my debit cards,

Yup, all cards are welcome
I know what you mean, I've got like 6/Qtr just on 3 Rupay debit cards
That's why I have told in previous discussions, Rupay DCs especially platinum ones are the favourite card used to provide entry. Plenty of Rupay Platinum DCs around. Everyone I know has at least 1 rupay platinum. Though most are unaware of the Friday Amazon pay offer, all are aware of lounge access, thanks to the youtubers.

I think it's high time credit card companies should come up with different lounges for different category of cards,
And another more premium for Super Premium Cards, this would really sell their ₹10k+ cards to the elites
Yes. People are more than happy with free food. Just a food-only-mini-lounge with snacks and coffee for 10 rs will still do the work. 🙂
Full fledged lounge is not necessary for these basic cards.

Very good idea. Kind of like how Amex pushes its Centurion lounges. I have almost signed up for their Platinum card just for that.

Back