LTF Infinia Upgrade Experience

elite34700

Hello guys,

I know we heard a lot of stories about infinia upgrade but I somehow felt the journey I had is possibly less explored less discussed and less successful for most of us . Let me begin with my failed attempts :

2021 - Initially spotted that there's a invite only card called infinia and enquired at a nearest branch I was told " You have to be invited and there are very special criteria's. " I applied for a DC privilige but was rejected in a day. Escalated to their VP cards and was then approved with a 2L limit. I have spent 1L in a couple of months and was told card was LTF. I used the card for a while and then emailed grievance team for a upgrade to Diners Club Black. Was rejected in a day stating limit required is 5L minimum . I retaliated stating that existing card is LTF kindly upgrade to a paid DCB still it didnt work.

2022 - Kept using the card and received a LE from 2L to 2.6L. Had a major spend and used the card for a spent of 2.57L in a single swipe and repayment was done on time. Post that received another LE to 3.6 L . I immediately wrote to grievance stating my spends are high even on competition cards like amex plat and requested for an infinia. Was rejected in a day. At the same time I had a neu infinity LTF with same limit and out of frustration about not able to get there i closed DC privilege.

2023 - I gave up my pursuit on infinia and relied on magnus and amex plat for max rewards . Post which magnus became RIP I again wanted to pursue for infinia. This time wrote to head credit cards stating upgrade is being rejected whereas a twitter user showed off stating he secured an infinia for his spouse with a 3.6L limit. I was triggered by this and escalated on twitter and to their nodal officer. They apologised and asked me to share the docs and consent. Did the same and was rejected in a couple of days stating I dont meet the income criteria ( Honestly I dont cause CTC < 20 L but ITR <30 L ). This is where I wanted to take a different route. Thanks to our community and the knowledge sharing i realised few approvals are needed from branch banking vertical. We have had imperia relationships ( not much CASA, insurances , investments etc., ) so started speaking to BM. Bm and RM had no clue and said not possible. I realised threatening them for accounts closure etc wont work as I have seen a friend maintaining 50 L AMB was denied infinia forget LTF. I didnt want to lose hope and somehow felt a bit frustrated about following up requesting people and decided to pull some favors. Took me a days time to speak to the very senior official, HDFC india about my requirement and our profiles. Post which the banking head has reached out was very kind enough to have his team note down my requests and was eager to have the cards approved. It just took 3-4 days of time and all of our cards are approved as LTF ( honestly didnt have to push them much ). I got a confirmation from the team in chennai that its been pushed for dispatch and was told branch banking leadership will personally deliver these cards to us.

My Conclusion : I rather feel good about the journey for infinia . For me personally its been the most difficult one to get, branch banking team surprised me with a LTF though which will surely make me loyal to stay with them . But What I realised is how much I have learned out of this experience especially in negotiating with a financial institution. When I watched @TechnoFino stating we can ask anything from the bank I thought he is being funny but in reality that works maybe differently for everyone. In the end I would say be an enthusiast and keep trying . It will workout for sure.

P.S : The route which I have taken is less explored for sure is what I believe. Will update this thread once I get my Infinia. My request is kindly do not ask for references or contact information of the officials who got this done for us I wouldn't be able to and i really appreciate all of your understanding and support on the same :) . Thank you @1RC and @cardwizard for your words of encouragement when I wanted to share thoughts about possible routes to upgrade for an infinia :) . Thank you for reading guys!

Enthusiast

Currently i am holding HDFC DCB card with 5 Lakhs limit and requested for Infinia LTF on Feb 29th... My Last six months spends will be more than 10 Lakhs... In first 2 or 3 conversations they have asked my Payslips, Bank account statement and the conversation keep on going till today asking for few more days...Its been nearly 2 months and weekly once i am getting mail from them asking to wait for one more week like these....

I don't know What's going on?? I am assuming are they wasting time to make me ineligible by considering last six months spends as on date (Last 2 months, spends are less than 30K).. or It will take this much time to get required permissions for Acceptance/rejection...

Anyone faced these delay responses mails?

awara

Currently i am holding HDFC DCB card with 5 Lakhs limit and requested for Infinia LTF on Feb 29th... My Last six months spends will be more than 10 Lakhs... In first 2 or 3 conversations they have asked my Payslips, Bank account statement and the conversation keep on going till today asking for few more days...Its been nearly 2 months and weekly once i am getting mail from them asking to wait for one more week like these....

I don't know What's going on?? I am assuming are they wasting time to make me ineligible by considering last six months spends as on date (Last 2 months, spends are less than 30K).. or It will take this much time to get required permissions for Acceptance/rejection...

Anyone faced these delay responses mails?
HDFC is always painfully slow. My Infinia LTF took more than 2 months for approval. But mine was not an upgrade, it was a new issue. Although going by their decisions in the recent past, they'll most likely reject even upgrading to Infinia, forget about LTF as your credit card limit is only 5 lakhs. Also, one RM mentioned they've been given instructions that no LTF infinia is to be issued from 1st April, although I don't believe in that. They always bend the rules if they want to.

How you got LTF? Are all cards for NTB customers LTF including infinia?

awara

How you got LTF? Are all cards for NTB customers LTF including infinia?
It was a new salary account. No, not all NTB customers get LTF cards. The HDFC employee who visited my office to open my salary account introduced me to his superior who got the ball rolling for infinia. I was new to banking with HDFC but already had a home loan with HDFC LTD, that got merged with HDFC bank recently.
So initially they sent an application for LTF approval for a group of employees - all rejected, including mine. So, this superior who was helping me with the application explained how LTF is approved in case of premium cards. The person who is pushing your application for a LTF approval needs to make a case for you to show why you deserve the LTF waiver, in my case my TRV crossed 2 cr which included my home loan. So, they sent it for an approval again, this time individually for me only and it got approved.

Edit : small correction, the first application that was rejected was made by the representative who opened my salary account. I was only introduced to the BM after first rejection. He was friendly so we said after paying a ton of interest on our home loan, don't expect us to take a paid infinia lol, things turned around after that. It still took a long time to get the approval because apparently there are 2 different approvals for LTF infinia. So, who is handling your application makes a lot of difference.

awara

It was a new salary account. No, not all NTB customers get LTF cards. The HDFC employee who visited my office to open my salary account introduced me to his superior who got the ball rolling for infinia. I was new to banking with HDFC but already had a home loan with HDFC LTD, that got merged with HDFC bank recently.
So initially they sent an application for LTF approval for a group of employees - all rejected, including mine. So, this superior who was helping me with the application explained how LTF is approved in case of premium cards. The person who is pushing your application for a LTF approval needs to make a case for you to show why you deserve the LTF waiver, in my case my TRV crossed 2 cr which included my home loan. So, they sent it for an approval again, this time individually for me only and it got approved.
Adding to this comment,
I started using SBI cashback only in December 2022 and just googled how to maximize the cashback that led me to technofino and credit card sub-reddit. And that is how I came to know about infinia. As crazy as it may sound, I've been using credit cards for more than 12 years and didn't know or even cared to know what all cards exist in the market. Was using a mediocre SBI card and ICICI card for all these years. And that is why getting my first premium card and that too LTF was pretty amazing.
Now we have 2 infinia cards in my family, both LTF :D

navonline7

I have a Regalia with a credit limit of more than 14 lakhs, and spends of about 3.5 lakhs in the last 6-7 months. What are my chance of an upgrade to Infinia? Have a salary account with HDFC bank.

Sunil R

Adding to this comment,
I started using SBI cashback only in December 2022 and just googled how to maximize the cashback that led me to technofino and credit card sub-reddit. And that is how I came to know about infinia. As crazy as it may sound, I've been using credit cards for more than 12 years and didn't know or even cared to know what all cards exist in the market. Was using a mediocre SBI card and ICICI card for all these years. And that is why getting my first premium card and that too LTF was pretty amazing.
Now we have 2 infinia cards in my family, both LTF :D
2 cards ?

Pramit

I have a Regalia with a credit limit of more than 14 lakhs, and spends of about 3.5 lakhs in the last 6-7 months. What are my chance of an upgrade to Infinia? Have a salary account with HDFC bank.
If you qualify the income criteria then your RM/BM might be able to get a waiver approval for spend criteria. RM/BM need to justify your case for such approval.

diptarkaroy

Hello guys,

I know we heard a lot of stories about infinia upgrade but I somehow felt the journey I had is possibly less explored less discussed and less successful for most of us . Let me begin with my failed attempts :

2021 - Initially spotted that there's a invite only card called infinia and enquired at a nearest branch I was told " You have to be invited and there are very special criteria's. " I applied for a DC privilige but was rejected in a day. Escalated to their VP cards and was then approved with a 2L limit. I have spent 1L in a couple of months and was told card was LTF. I used the card for a while and then emailed grievance team for a upgrade to Diners Club Black. Was rejected in a day stating limit required is 5L minimum . I retaliated stating that existing card is LTF kindly upgrade to a paid DCB still it didnt work.

2022 - Kept using the card and received a LE from 2L to 2.6L. Had a major spend and used the card for a spent of 2.57L in a single swipe and repayment was done on time. Post that received another LE to 3.6 L . I immediately wrote to grievance stating my spends are high even on competition cards like amex plat and requested for an infinia. Was rejected in a day. At the same time I had a neu infinity LTF with same limit and out of frustration about not able to get there i closed DC privilege.

2023 - I gave up my pursuit on infinia and relied on magnus and amex plat for max rewards . Post which magnus became RIP I again wanted to pursue for infinia. This time wrote to head credit cards stating upgrade is being rejected whereas a twitter user showed off stating he secured an infinia for his spouse with a 3.6L limit. I was triggered by this and escalated on twitter and to their nodal officer. They apologised and asked me to share the docs and consent. Did the same and was rejected in a couple of days stating I dont meet the income criteria ( Honestly I dont cause CTC < 20 L but ITR <30 L ). This is where I wanted to take a different route. Thanks to our community and the knowledge sharing i realised few approvals are needed from branch banking vertical. We have had imperia relationships ( not much CASA, insurances , investments etc., ) so started speaking to BM. Bm and RM had no clue and said not possible. I realised threatening them for accounts closure etc wont work as I have seen a friend maintaining 50 L AMB was denied infinia forget LTF. I didnt want to lose hope and somehow felt a bit frustrated about following up requesting people and decided to pull some favors. Took me a days time to speak to the very senior official, HDFC india about my requirement and our profiles. Post which the banking head has reached out was very kind enough to have his team note down my requests and was eager to have the cards approved. It just took 3-4 days of time and all of our cards are approved as LTF ( honestly didnt have to push them much ). I got a confirmation from the team in chennai that its been pushed for dispatch and was told branch banking leadership will personally deliver these cards to us.

My Conclusion : I rather feel good about the journey for infinia . For me personally its been the most difficult one to get, branch banking team surprised me with a LTF though which will surely make me loyal to stay with them . But What I realised is how much I have learned out of this experience especially in negotiating with a financial institution. When I watched @TechnoFino stating we can ask anything from the bank I thought he is being funny but in reality that works maybe differently for everyone. In the end I would say be an enthusiast and keep trying . It will workout for sure.

P.S : The route which I have taken is less explored for sure is what I believe. Will update this thread once I get my Infinia. My request is kindly do not ask for references or contact information of the officials who got this done for us I wouldn't be able to and i really appreciate all of your understanding and support on the same :) . Thank you @1RC and @cardwizard for your words of encouragement when I wanted to share thoughts about possible routes to upgrade for an infinia :) . Thank you for reading guys!
How much was your spend in last 6 months before applying for Infinia?

Sunil R

Very rare case…. I had 12L limit on my regalia and spend was around 1.5L in last 6 months
I fought a lot but They didn’t upgrade

Being frustrated, I surrendered my regalia
You've got a limit, over 10 lakhs! If you spent between 6 to 8 lakhs, you could've gotten the Infinia upgrade. Your limit is what most people only dream of. HDFC rarely gives CLE. You should've pushed harder for upgrade. Surrendering up Regalia with 12L limit, seriously?

diptarkaroy

You've got a limit, over 10 lakhs! If you spent between 6 to 8 lakhs, you could've gotten the Infinia upgrade. Your limit is what most people only dream of. HDFC rarely gives CLE. You should've pushed harder for upgrade. Surrendering up Regalia, seriously?
Actually I requested for Regalia gold LTF but that was also denied only offering FYF

Got LTF Tata neu infinity instead with same 12L limit
Will that be of any use to upgrade to INFINIA?

Sunil R

Actually I requested for Regalia gold LTF but that was also denied only offering FYF

Tata Neu is a floater card. AFAIK, upgrading to an HDFC core card via Tata is not possible (leave alone Infinia). I think to get an HDFC card, you need to first close the Neu card and then apply for an HDFC core card (like Millennia, Regalia, etc.). Once you have an HDFC core card, only then can you proceed with the Infinia upgrade (although it's a very long process, considering you have the limit around 10L)

PS: Please correct me if my statement is wrong.

elite34700

Tata Neu is a floater card. AFAIK, upgrading to an HDFC core card via Tata is not possible (leave alone Infinia). I think to get an HDFC card, you need to first close the Neu card and then apply for an HDFC core card (like Millennia, Regalia, etc.). Once you have an HDFC core card, only then can you proceed with the Infinia upgrade (although it's a very long process, considering you have the limit around 10L)

PS: Please correct me if my statement is wrong.
Your statement is wrong. Tata Neu Can be upgraded to infinia, OP needs a spends waiver which BM should get through the branch banking head.

elite34700

Ask your BM/cluster head to get a BBH approval for spends waiver, your infinia is sorted. Write a business case that your MCC is travel mostly and you wouldn't want to spend on a less rewarding card, ask BM to mention TRV etc., and get a approval.

elite34700

What you will need here is a deviation, greivance redresssal or cards team cannot get you that, branch banking can. Have that conversation with BM/cluster head.

diptarkaroy

Ask your BM/cluster head to get a BBH approval for spends waiver, your infinia is sorted. Write a business case that your MCC is travel mostly and you wouldn't want to spend on a less rewarding card, ask BM to mention TRV etc., and get an approval.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion

Currently my Tata neu infinity is just 4 months old with total spends around 50k (in 4 months)

Previously I had 2 years old regalia with average 2k spends per month

Should I still go ahead with this process? Or do you recommend me to wait for 5-6 months to achieve around 1L total spends before going for this process?