• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

LTF Infinia Upgrade Experience

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello guys,

I know we heard a lot of stories about infinia upgrade but I somehow felt the journey I had is possibly less explored less discussed and less successful for most of us . Let me begin with my failed attempts :

2021 - Initially spotted that there's a invite only card called infinia and enquired at a nearest branch I was told " You have to be invited and there are very special criteria's. " I applied for a DC privilige but was rejected in a day. Escalated to their VP cards and was then approved with a 2L limit. I have spent 1L in a couple of months and was told card was LTF. I used the card for a while and then emailed grievance team for a upgrade to Diners Club Black. Was rejected in a day stating limit required is 5L minimum . I retaliated stating that existing card is LTF kindly upgrade to a paid DCB still it didnt work.

2022 - Kept using the card and received a LE from 2L to 2.6L. Had a major spend and used the card for a spent of 2.57L in a single swipe and repayment was done on time. Post that received another LE to 3.6 L . I immediately wrote to grievance stating my spends are high even on competition cards like amex plat and requested for an infinia. Was rejected in a day. At the same time I had a neu infinity LTF with same limit and out of frustration about not able to get there i closed DC privilege.

2023 - I gave up my pursuit on infinia and relied on magnus and amex plat for max rewards . Post which magnus became RIP I again wanted to pursue for infinia. This time wrote to head credit cards stating upgrade is being rejected whereas a twitter user showed off stating he secured an infinia for his spouse with a 3.6L limit. I was triggered by this and escalated on twitter and to their nodal officer. They apologised and asked me to share the docs and consent. Did the same and was rejected in a couple of days stating I dont meet the income criteria ( Honestly I dont cause CTC < 20 L but ITR <30 L ). This is where I wanted to take a different route. Thanks to our community and the knowledge sharing i realised few approvals are needed from branch banking vertical. We have had imperia relationships ( not much CASA, insurances , investments etc., ) so started speaking to BM. Bm and RM had no clue and said not possible. I realised threatening them for accounts closure etc wont work as I have seen a friend maintaining 50 L AMB was denied infinia forget LTF. I didnt want to lose hope and somehow felt a bit frustrated about following up requesting people and decided to pull some favors. Took me a days time to speak to the very senior official, HDFC india about my requirement and our profiles. Post which the banking head has reached out was very kind enough to have his team note down my requests and was eager to have the cards approved. It just took 3-4 days of time and all of our cards are approved as LTF ( honestly didnt have to push them much ). I got a confirmation from the team in chennai that its been pushed for dispatch and was told branch banking leadership will personally deliver these cards to us.

My Conclusion : I rather feel good about the journey for infinia . For me personally its been the most difficult one to get, branch banking team surprised me with a LTF though which will surely make me loyal to stay with them . But What I realised is how much I have learned out of this experience especially in negotiating with a financial institution. When I watched @TechnoFino stating we can ask anything from the bank I thought he is being funny but in reality that works maybe differently for everyone. In the end I would say be an enthusiast and keep trying . It will workout for sure.

P.S : The route which I have taken is less explored for sure is what I believe. Will update this thread once I get my Infinia. My request is kindly do not ask for references or contact information of the officials who got this done for us I wouldn't be able to and i really appreciate all of your understanding and support on the same :) . Thank you @1RC and @cardwizard for your words of encouragement when I wanted to share thoughts about possible routes to upgrade for an infinia :) . Thank you for reading guys!

phoenix1386

TF Select
Contributor
When nothing works, contacts do.

This is how people are able to get loans and such far more than they should be getting - contacts. You know someone, you can get thousands of crores, or LTF Infinias. You do not know those people, you gotta sweat and climb and even then might not be rewarded.

This remark is NOT to denigrate Elite 347, it is simply a commentary on how banks demonstrably behave.

Last edited:

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
When nothing works, contacts do.

This is how people are able to get loans and such far more than they should be getting - contacts. You know someone, you can get thousands of crores, or LTF Infinias. You do not know those people, you gotta sweat and climb and even then might not be rewarded.

This remark is NOT to denigrate Elite 347, it is simply a commentary on how banks demonstrably behave.
Yeah I totally agree to that. I don’t shy away from saying I don’t meet the salary/ITR criteria but still got it that too LTF. That’s why I specifically mentioned that this is a route less explored with very low success rate. I get where you’re coming from @Phoneix62

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Yes, it’s all speculation at the moment but there was some real talk among the insiders as well but nothing official yet
Yeah
I feel HDFC will launch some mid segment cards , particularly a airmiles card to compete Atlas.

There is no need for HDFC to launch a super premium card as current there is no such competition in that segment.
Reserve got devalued , & Plat Charge doesn't seem to be a card that hdfc would Target as very few are interested in it.

Infinia Reserve would have been a very good launch during the Magnus/Reserve era.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I highly doubt HDFC would launch any other card above Infinia.
infinia business metal was supposed to launch in dec end..(my RM said so) so what hdfc been cooking no one can really tell. we have seen rumor on "X" & YT on hdfc will launch cc above infinia but it no official information yet. so it all speculation until it is official from HDFC Bank itself.

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yeah
I feel HDFC will launch some mid segment cards , particularly a airmiles card to compete Atlas.

There is no need for HDFC to launch a super premium card as current there is no such competition in that segment.
Reserve got devalued , & Plat Charge doesn't seem to be a card that hdfc would Target as very few are interested in it.

Infinia Reserve would have been a very good launch during the Magnus/Reserve era.
It’s also true.. now look at the fate of emeralde metal, don’t know what they want to do…
Likewise may be hdfc may stop thinking about Infinia reserve.. who knows ..
But it seems there was some work done on Infinia Reserve.. whether it results in reality or not only time will tell..

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
infinia business metal was supposed to launch in dec end..(my RM said so) so what hdfc been cooking no one can really tell. we have seen rumor on "X" & YT on hdfc will launch cc above infinia but it no official information yet. so it all speculation until it is official from HDFC Bank itself.
Yeah
Anyway even if they launched, the airmiles category is already devalued and after the fall of Magnus I don't think any other bank would do that stunt.