• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Points Marriott Bonvoy Points

sanzz

TF Buzz
Hi TF Community

I have around 3 lacs Marriott Bonvoy Points which I want to sell. If anyone interested in buying then please DM me.

Why did you accumulate them if you weren't planning on using them? Just curious.
I have plans but not immediate ones, not travelling due to young kid. And I had to close the Magnus. Didn't had much choice. AMEX points is not worth transferring to any other partner.
May be I burn 50k points in coming days on Westin Himalayas Resort, Dehradun. Excellent value of points upto 2 Rs.

So what's a good ratio to buy these at?

50% or 60%? I mean line 60k INR for 100k MB points. Is that reasonable?
Depends on the property. Only you can decide the value you get.

You can check the room rates of hotels you are interested on the marriott website. There it will be shown how much you have to pay if paying by cash or by points. Thus arrive at a conclusion about its value

So what's a good ratio to buy these at?

50% or 60%? I mean line 60k INR for 100k MB points. Is that reasonable?
It generally depends on what value are you getting for your points. At some properties you can get value of 2Rs/ MB point and at some properties its 0.3Rs/ MB Point. Sonyou need to check with the property and then look to buy points.
Generally speaking you will get best value when you book 5 nights with points this way you need to pay only for 4 Nights and get 1 night stay free.

It generally depends on what value are you getting for your points. At some properties you can get value of 2Rs/ MB point and at some properties its 0.3Rs/ MB Point. Sonyou need to check with the property and then look to buy points.
Generally speaking you will get best value when you book 5 nights with points this way you need to pay only for 4 Nights and get 1 night stay free.
Thanks. It is helpful. I am looking for some hotels in the US west coast as we will be travelling in August but looks points are not of any decent value. But that free 5th night seems like a good thing.

Anyways, looks it makes sense for me to take a new CC, book hotel using that and get cashback/joining benefit rather than booking through points.

I'm still comparing between options I have. I'll reach out if I decide buying points is beneficial for me.

Back