• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Points Marriott Bonvoy Points

Depends on the property. Only you can decide the value you get.

You can check the room rates of hotels you are interested on the marriott website. There it will be shown how much you have to pay if paying by cash or by points. Thus arrive at a conclusion about its value
Generally speaking, assume a value of around 25 paise per point to a maximum of 33 paise per point. It is very difficult to get more than that apart from some ultra expensive resorts. Most hotels cost 1/3rd to 1/4th in cash compared to points. So I wouldn't pay more than 25
paise per point at the most.

Generally speaking, assume a value of around 25 paise per point to a maximum of 33 paise per point. It is very difficult to get more than that apart from some ultra expensive resorts. Most hotels cost 1/3rd to 1/4th in cash compared to points. So I wouldn't pay more than 25
paise per point at the most.
When one can easily get 33p/point value by redeeming the MR points for AGV. Why would anyone sell MB points at 25p/point? Last month I was able to get 1.1Rs/point value at Le meridien Chennai. IMO you might need to check for the right hotels.

When one can easily get 33p/point value by redeeming the MR points for AGV. Why would anyone sell MB points at 25p/point? Last month I was able to get 1.1Rs/point value at Le meridien Chennai. IMO you might need to check for the right hotels.
Currently, there are 5 hotels available in Madras. Four are at around 50 paise per point while the Le Meridian is around 80 paise which is good.

Last edited:
Looks like when you book using points, they dont provide breakfast option. For me at least this defeats the purpose of the whole points game. What use if you cannot use the points as good as cash.

Yes MB point bookings do not provide breakfast. This is main downer for me also. Only Platinum elite and upwards get breakfast option by default

You can however request the property to include complimentary breakfast after you do the booking. Sometimes they may agree, sometimes they don't

Yes MB point bookings do not provide breakfast. This is main downer for me also. Only Platinum elite and upwards get breakfast option by default

You can however request the property to include complimentary breakfast after you do the booking. Sometimes they may agree, sometimes they don't
I recently stayed in coorg marriot and got breakfast complimentary after I called them. It maybe because its a new property and they want people to come in.

FYI this is my first stay in marriot and I thinkI am a silver member or whatever if the first category.

I recently stayed in coorg marriot and got breakfast complimentary after I called them. It maybe because its a new property and they want people to come in.

FYI this is my first stay in marriot and I thinkI am a silver member or whatever if the first category.
It may not be about the hotel being new. They sometimes do offer these things as courtesy. And, don’t forget Marriott properties are already expensive than competitors so offering room upgrades, bfast helps them build value.

By the way my very first experience was also memorable with silver status. They had upgraded room to suite and offered complementary breakfast. It was Fairfield, Belgavi (Karnataka)

Yes.. even I stayed in courtyard marriott Madurai, they gave free breakfast.

But when I checked with them, they said they give free breakfast to all the guests who book via points. So it is their policy

On the other end, I have heard that Westin Himalayas is not giving free breakfast on points booking. Mostly in demand resort properties won't give any free breakfast. City hotels probably give. Outside of India also, getting free breakfast is a challenge, except some countries like Turkey

Back