• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mega thread for all the places you have visited

Cj_1907

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hey Guys,

I was thinking of creating a mega thread for all the places you have visited so that anyone who is travelling to a particular place knows exactly whom to connect with.
The related person misses the travel posts most of the time due to which people are unable to connect with him/her.

Please share the list of places you have been to.
It would be great if you mention a little about your travel (like flights booked through CV points, hotels through accor etc.)
You could share your experience even if you paid through cash without using any travel hack.
While there are multiple travel stories, but they are all scattered. I just wanted to compile it under a single post.
Not sure It would help others or not, it would definitely help me just going through the experiences of everyone.

I know you would be super busy to write it down or you might not be interested, but it could really help your fellow credit card enthusiast.

I am starting with my list of places :

1) Maldives (Meeru Island & Resort) :
Travel dates : 06th Dec, 2022 to 12th Dec, 2022.
Pax : 2 (me and my wife)
Booked through : Travel Triangle agent (known to my cousin)
Stay details :
4N Beach Villa with Jacuzzi
2N water villa
Total cost( flights, stay, transfer) : 3.2 lakhs (50k flights + 2.7 lakhs stay)

2.) Goa (North Goa) :
Travel dates : 22nd Nov, 2023 to 27th Nov, 2023.
Booked through : Flights using CV portal, Hotels using Accor
Stay details :
1.) Ibis Vagator (Nov 22 - Nov 23) - 3k accor points : Good property, great staff, peaceful stay. chill vibes. walking to the vagator beach.
2.) Novotel Goa Resort & Spa (Nov 23 - Nov 24) - 7k accor points : Average property. Average buffet. Over-crowded buffet, Check-in took ages, Central AC was not working in lobby, smell in rooms. Just Pool area is good.
3.) Ibis Styles Goa Calangute ( Nov 24- Nov 27) - 10k accor points : Average room, crowded buffet, immature staff. They couldn't open the room door for half an hour. We locked ourself out. They didn't charge for that night though as an apology. Manager Rahul is very understanding.
Total cost( flights, stay, transfer)
: 20K accor points + 33k Rs flights

3.) Chandigarh-Shimla-Kufri-Narkanda-Mashobra :
Travel dates : 21st feb, 2024 to 26th Feb, 2024.
Booked through : Hotels using ITC, Accor, Self-Drive
Stay details :
1.) Novotel Chandigarh Tribune Chowk (Feb 21, 2024 - Feb 22, 2024) - 6000 accor points. : Good experience. Maintained property. Delicious Complimentary Truffle Cake.
2.) Mysty View by Vista Rooms (Feb 22, 2024 - Feb 23, 2024) - 30k cash for 10 people : Great experience. Maintained 4 rooms property. In house cook, best for bachelor party. Complimentary Bonfire.
3.)
WelcomHotel Shimla (Feb 23, 2024 - Feb 24, 2024) - 15123 green points. : One of the best experiences. Everything was just perfect. View, food, ambience, staff.
.) Fortune Park Kufri Shimla (Feb 25, 2024 - Feb 26, 2024) - 4590 green points : One of the worst stay ever. pathetic road to hotel, damp walls, unhygenic food.
Total cost(stay, transfer)
: 19713 green points + 8k Fuel (from Delhi) + 30k cash

@TechnoFino @bhavyegoel @anirban.choudhury @DocFixIt @telescope @Walter White @Animal @Lobogris

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hey Guys,

I was thinking of creating a mega thread for all the places you have visited so that anyone who is travelling to a particular place knows exactly whom to connect with.
The related person misses the travel posts most of the time due to which people are unable to connect with him/her.

Please share the list of places you have been to.
It would be great if you mention a little about your travel (like flights booked through CV points, hotels through accor etc.)
You could share your experience even if you paid through cash without using any travel hack.
While there are multiple travel stories, but they are all scattered. I just wanted to compile it under a single post.
Not sure It would help others or not, it would definitely help me just going through the experiences of everyone.

I know you would be super busy to write it down or you might not be interested, but it could really help your fellow credit card enthusiast.

I am starting with my list of places :

1) Maldives (Meeru Island & Resort) :
Travel dates : 06th Dec, 2022 to 12th Dec, 2022.
Booked through : Travel Triangle agent (known to my cousin)
Stay details :
4N Beach Villa with Jacuzzi
2N water villa
Total cost( flights, stay, transfer) : 3.2 lakhs (50k flights + 2.7 lakhs stay)

2.) Goa (North Goa) :
Travel dates : 22nd Nov, 2023 to 27th Nov, 2023.
Booked through : Flights using CV portal, Hotels using Accor
Stay details :
1.) Ibis Vagator (Nov 22 - Nov 23) - 3k accor points : Good property, great staff, peaceful stay. chill vibes. walking to the vagator beach.
2.) Novotel Goa Resort & Spa (Nov 23 - Nov 24) - 7k accor points : Average property. Average buffet. Over-crowded buffet, Check-in took ages, Central AC was not working in lobby, smell in rooms. Just Pool area is good.
3.) Ibis Styles Goa Calangute ( Nov 24- Nov 27) - 10k accor points : Average room, crowded buffet, immature staff. They couldn't open the room door for half an hour. We locked ourself out. They didn't charge for that night though as an apology. Manager Rahul is very understanding.
Total cost( flights, stay, transfer)
: 20K accor points + 33k Rs flights

3.) Chandigarh-Shimla-Kufri-Narkanda-Mashobra :
Travel dates : 21st feb, 2024 to 26th Feb, 2024.
Booked through : Hotels using ITC, Accor, Self-Drive
Stay details :
1.) Novotel Chandigarh Tribune Chowk (Feb 21, 2024 - Feb 22, 2024) - 6000 accor points. : Good experience. Maintained property. Delicious Complimentary Truffle Cake.
2.) Mysty View by Vista Rooms (Feb 22, 2024 - Feb 23, 2024) - 30k cash for 10 people : Great experience. Maintained 4 rooms property. In house cook, best for bachelor party. Complimentary Bonfire.
3.)
WelcomHotel Shimla (Feb 23, 2024 - Feb 24, 2024) - 15123 green points. : One of the best experiences. Everything was just perfect. View, food, ambience, staff.
.) Fortune Park Kufri Shimla (Feb 25, 2024 - Feb 26, 2024) - 4590 green points : One of the worst stay ever. pathetic road to hotel, damp walls, unhygenic food.
Total cost(stay, transfer)
: 19713 green points + 8k Fuel (from Delhi) + 30k cash

@TechnoFino @bhavyegoel @anirban.choudhury @DocFixIt @telescope @Walter White @Animal @Lobogris
Post pictures of hotel ambiance .

The grand view of Gateway of india from taj hotel window is something i wanna experience as soon as i can 🌝

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Post pictures of hotel ambiance .

The grand view of Gateway of india from taj hotel window is something i wanna experience as soon as i can 🌝
this one... took in 2022.. when I had no idea about hotel points and loyalties.... paid 38K cash to book the room. but it was worth every penny as staying in Taj Mahal palace was an item in my bucketlist

Attachments

• 20220527_135733.jpg
    20220527_135733.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 20220527_135756.jpg
    20220527_135756.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
this one... took in 2022.. when I had no idea about hotel points and loyalties.... paid 38K cash to book the room. but it was worth every penny as staying in Taj Mahal palace was an item in my bucketlist
Boy o boy ..
This is exactly what i was talking about