• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Millennia DC vs. Millennia CC benefits

Trust Me

TF Legend
Couldn't find this topic discussed anywhere on search, so putting my query in a new thread.

What are the basic differences in benefits of the Millennia debit card as opposed to those of the Millennia credit card? I'm not talking about the maximum entitlement per month, redemption rules and such, -- those can be found easily enough.

I'm confused about the 5% cashback benefits from SmartBuy and PayZapp, for example. The Millennia Credit card rules clearly specify a number of vendors (including Amazon and Flipkart) who provide this 5% cashback benefit.

However, the Millennia Debit card rules are non-committal, just promising 5% unspecified cashback at SmartBuy and PayZapp! When queried, the HDFC Customer service was also non-committal, just pointing me to the SmartBuy T&C page which doesn't even mention the Millennia Debit card, so it must be clubbed with the non-specific 'other debit cards'!

If there are no differentiating benefits over 'other debit cards', then why even hype up the '5% cashback at SmartBuy and PayZapp' for the Millennia debit card?! Just marketing?
Anybody knows? Thanks.

If there are no differentiating benefits over 'other debit cards', then why even hype up the '5% cashback at SmartBuy and PayZapp' for the Millennia debit card?! Just marketing?
You can't get Rs.400 CB every month by loading money into PayTM wallet via any other HDFC DC :p

Btw, I don't think 5% mention is hype, they have just mentioned that you would get it..

Anybody knows? Thanks.
Well.... Credit card is credit card i.e. you are getting the benifit of buying all items on credit and then paying the bill at the end of month (or whatever your stmt period is) while if you use Debit card, the amount would go at that very moment (just gave high level idea, which you might already be knowing)

Both have 5% CB on SmartBuy and so, they are mostly equal (railway booking is costly via CC than DC)

To compare some pros and cons of both (which can be compared via their offerings too)-

Some pros of Millennia DC over CC:
- you will get 2.5% CB on other online spends when compared to CC's 1% CB
- No additional processing fee or charges while using it online (wallet loads, railway booking, etc)

Some pros of Millennia CC over DC:
- Higher per month CB limit (2000 vs 400, including all spends)
- Additional Rs.1000 voucher on spending 1L in a quarter
- May get upgraded to higher CC variants in future.

Btw, I don't think 5% mention is hype, they have just mentioned that you would get it..
Both have 5% CB on SmartBuy and so, they are mostly equal ...

Well, are they really?! Here are how the benefits list for the CC and DC are presented by HDFC:

* Millennia CC Key feature:-

5% CashBack on Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, Tata CLiQ and six others.

* Millennia DC Key feature:-

5% CashBack points on shopping via PayZapp and SmartBuy.

-- Note that it says 5%, and not 'upto 5%' and also not merchant specific, so does one get 5% CashBack on all merchants, including Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, Tata CLiQ also? The SmartBuy T&C (as pointed to by the HDFC customer care) promises only 1% for Flipkart for example, for 'other CCs and DCs'. There is nothing specific to the Millennia DC!

Strangely, I couldn't find any T&C specific to the Millennia DC (As opposed to the Millennia CC). So everything is as clear as mud as far as the Millennia DC is concerned!

Only direct experiences (and not any academic discussion) could clear this Millennia DC vs. Millennia CC benefits confusion, I am afraid.

Smart buy thing is that if you purchase vouchers or Book train ticket or book flight, you will get 5% discount on your millenia cc anf dc both but there will an upper limit of 400 and it takes around 90 days to put cashback points in your account.

You can't get Rs.400 CB every month by loading money into PayTM wallet via any other HDFC DC :p

Well.... Credit card is credit card i.e. you are getting the benifit of buying all items on credit and then paying the bill at the end of month (or whatever your stmt period is) while if you use Debit card, the amount would go at that very moment (just gave high level idea, which you might already be knowing)

Both have 5% CB on SmartBuy and so, they are mostly equal (railway booking is costly via CC than DC)

To compare some pros and cons of both (which can be compared via their offerings too)-

Some pros of Millennia DC over CC:
- you will get 2.5% CB on other online spends when compared to CC's 1% CB
- No additional processing fee or charges while using it online (wallet loads, railway booking, etc)

Some pros of Millennia CC over DC:
- Higher per month CB limit (2000 vs 400, including all spends)
- Additional Rs.1000 voucher on spending 1L in a quarter
- May get upgraded to higher CC variants in future.
Millenia DC gives 5% cashback on Smartbuy upto 1000 (just like Millenia CC) + 5% cashpoints upto 400 (1 cashpoint = 1 Rupee)

Reference link: https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/offer_details/smartbuy/15282/Zmilm2U=

One con of Millenia DC is 2.5% cashback is only on spends above 400 rupees.

5% on the listed smartbuy merchants.. it's written on the homepage.. comes directly to statement in 2-3 days.
and 1% credited to points on month end.
I think it is less than 5%
Bought 10k amazon gv. Was charged 147 as convinience fee. Got 507 cashback. will get 104 as cashpoints. 507+104 - 147 = 464

So, 4.64%. Please correct me if my calculations are incorrect. Thanks

Back