• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Millennia DC vs. Millennia CC benefits

Trust Me

TF Ace
Couldn't find this topic discussed anywhere on search, so putting my query in a new thread.

What are the basic differences in benefits of the Millennia debit card as opposed to those of the Millennia credit card? I'm not talking about the maximum entitlement per month, redemption rules and such, -- those can be found easily enough.

I'm confused about the 5% cashback benefits from SmartBuy and PayZapp, for example. The Millennia Credit card rules clearly specify a number of vendors (including Amazon and Flipkart) who provide this 5% cashback benefit.

However, the Millennia Debit card rules are non-committal, just promising 5% unspecified cashback at SmartBuy and PayZapp! When queried, the HDFC Customer service was also non-committal, just pointing me to the SmartBuy T&C page which doesn't even mention the Millennia Debit card, so it must be clubbed with the non-specific 'other debit cards'!

If there are no differentiating benefits over 'other debit cards', then why even hype up the '5% cashback at SmartBuy and PayZapp' for the Millennia debit card?! Just marketing?
Anybody knows? Thanks.

rohant

TF Premier
Millenia DC gives regular
MDC
upto 1000cashback @5% on smartbuy.

and 400 cashpoints @2.5%

400+800 when 16000 product
1200/16000=7.5

400+1000 when 20000 product
1400/20000=7%

MCC
upto 1000cashback on smartbuy+1% upto 1000

160+800=960/16000=6%
now pay by mdc 16000 rs on mobiquick and get 400rs cashback @2.5%

if mcc and mdc both
then 160+800+400=1360/16000 =8.5%
Millenia DC gives regular 5% upto 1000 + 5% cashpoints upto 400 when transacting on Smartbuy

Buttman

TF Premier
You can't get Rs.400 CB every month by loading money into PayTM wallet via any other HDFC DC :p

Btw, I don't think 5% mention is hype, they have just mentioned that you would get it..

Well.... Credit card is credit card i.e. you are getting the benifit of buying all items on credit and then paying the bill at the end of month (or whatever your stmt period is) while if you use Debit card, the amount would go at that very moment (just gave high level idea, which you might already be knowing)

Both have 5% CB on SmartBuy and so, they are mostly equal (railway booking is costly via CC than DC)

To compare some pros and cons of both (which can be compared via their offerings too)-

Some pros of Millennia DC over CC:
- you will get 2.5% CB on other online spends when compared to CC's 1% CB
- No additional processing fee or charges while using it online (wallet loads, railway booking, etc)

Some pros of Millennia CC over DC:
- Higher per month CB limit (2000 vs 400, including all spends)
- Additional Rs.1000 voucher on spending 1L in a quarter
- May get upgraded to higher CC variants in future.
So cb from purchases on amazon/fk is capped at 1k and there is a seperate 1k cap for smartbuy cb? Or is it all capped at just 1k per montb irrespective of where you make the purchases from?

CHOCOPANDA

TF Premier

knight

TF Ace
Post in thread 'Hdfc Millenia Credit Card Benefits' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/hdfc-millenia-credit-card-benefits.21691/post-486457

Bro smartbuy me @NShah is saying 1% for using millenia cc and 5% for smartbuy. For that getting confuse. If I use 20k in smartbuy then as per this comment I should get 6%
Yes.
Smartbuy has a cap of 1000 for 5% that gets posted to Millennia CC within ~3 days.
And at month end you'd get 1% cb as RP like you get for other txns.
Total 6%

CHOCOPANDA

TF Premier
Yes.
Smartbuy has a cap of 1000 for 5% that gets posted to Millennia CC within ~3 days.
And at month end you'd get 1% cb as RP like you get for other txns.
Total 6%
I bought 10k fk voucher with my millenia cc through smartbuy. As smartbuy has limit of 10k voucher from smartbuy gyftr. So i created smartbuy account for my younger brother who hav hdfc acc. And though his smartbuy ac I again bought 10k fk vchr.. I want to know whether I will get 5% cashback and 1% additional cashback for the another 10k fk voucher which I did not brought from my smartbuy account?

CyberPsych

TF Ace
I bought 10k fk voucher with my millenia cc through smartbuy. As smartbuy has limit of 10k voucher from smartbuy gyftr. So i created smartbuy account for my younger brother who hav hdfc acc. And though his smartbuy ac I again bought 10k fk vchr.. I want to know whether I will get 5% cashback and 1% additional cashback for the another 10k fk voucher which I did not brought from my smartbuy account?
All cashback points are credited to the credit card. So, it is per card limit no matter which smartbuy login to purchase.

iamgoodboy

TF Buzz
You can't get Rs.400 CB every month by loading money into PayTM wallet via any other HDFC DC :p

Btw, I don't think 5% mention is hype, they have just mentioned that you would get it..

Well.... Credit card is credit card i.e. you are getting the benifit of buying all items on credit and then paying the bill at the end of month (or whatever your stmt period is) while if you use Debit card, the amount would go at that very moment (just gave high level idea, which you might already be knowing)

Both have 5% CB on SmartBuy and so, they are mostly equal (railway booking is costly via CC than DC)

To compare some pros and cons of both (which can be compared via their offerings too)-

Some pros of Millennia DC over CC:
- you will get 2.5% CB on other online spends when compared to CC's 1% CB
- No additional processing fee or charges while using it online (wallet loads, railway booking, etc)

Some pros of Millennia CC over DC:
- Higher per month CB limit (2000 vs 400, including all spends)
- Additional Rs.1000 voucher on spending 1L in a quarter
- May get upgraded to higher CC variants in future.
Does Millennia DC give 1% cashback on credit card bill Payment through hdfc bill pay ?