• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Misleading Information & Missing Welcome Kit IDFC BANK

neeraj19a

TF Buzz
Hi,
I am NRI and I recently opened an account with IDFC First Bank and have maintained a balance exceeding 45 lakhs. Despite repeated requests and follow-ups to upgrade to the First Select/First Wealth Card, which was my right, the upgrade was only approved on June 26th after considerable effort on my part.

However, I have not yet received the welcome kit and debit card, even though it is now July 12th. MY RM promised that the kit would be redelivered, and I have been chasing her till today she kept lying that she has made a request to redeliver, but customer care confirmed that no such request was made. This inconsistency has led to significant inconvenience, especially since I was expecting to receive the card before leaving India.

I am now left with two options:

1. Close my account due to the loss of trust in my relationship manager.
  2. Transfer my account to another branch with a more professional and responsive RM.
I have experienced other issues with my RM that further erode my confidence in her credibility.

I have already drafted and scheduled a call from Regional head of IDFC about this experience

Please advise on the next steps.

Back