• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Missing RPs on Insurance Payment via HDFC DCB

Abu m

TF Neo
Diners Biz Black Metal Credit card insurance premium points issue not credited
I have done 4-5 transactions with The New India Assurance Company Ltd ( insurance premium transaction ) but in my first billing statement I can find no reward points
Called HDFC customer care he was not able to figure it out so he forwarded my call to the escalation manager, The manager checked for some time on call but couldn't find the reason so he raised a complaint I got the case ID when the call was escalated to the manager
Note: the insurance company is govt PSU although i think this should not matter since this payment comes under the category Insurance premium
Also, DCB card is my upgraded card earlier it was Regalia in that for the same transactions i used to get the points regularly

I have done 4-5 transactions with The New India Assurance Company Ltd ( insurance premium transaction ) but in my first billing statement I can find no reward points
Called HDFC customer care he was not able to figure it out so he forwarded my call to the escalation manager, The manager checked for some time on call but couldn't find the reason so he raised a complaint I got the case ID when the call was escalated to the manager
Note: the insurance company is govt PSU although i think this should not matter since this payment comes under the category Insurance premium
Also, DCB card is my upgraded card earlier it was Regalia in that for the same transactions i used to get the points regularly
Well, hdfc credit reward points on a monthly basis. Hope you're already aware and that is not the reason for this. Transactions done from 1st to 31st March points would only be credited by now.

Why pay directly..? Isnt it better to buy amazon gv from smartbuy(reward rate at 7%) and then pay insurance premium through there? Or is there something I am missing?

Why pay directly..? Isnt it better to buy amazon gv from smartbuy(reward rate at 7%) and then pay insurance premium through there? Or is there something I am missing?
New India Assurance payment is not an option in amazon pay. That insurer is not available in the dropdown

Can you update on this??? It has been a couple of months now and any points which had to be credited would have been done by now...
Did you have to escalate the issue and get it sorted or it happened through the flow????

For the Biz Black CC there is a limit of 5000 RP per day for Insurance payments... So atleast 5K points should have been credited if your insurance premium payment is huge...

1718637004744.png

Back