• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mobikwik Changed MCC to 6540(Prepaid Load) for Credit card payment

pgarg24

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,
I recently paid my credit card bill of around 1k from Mobikwik using DCB and found that Mobikwik have changed their MCC for credit card payment to 6540 which is for prepaid loads.
Merchant Name was changed to ONE MOBIKWIK SYSTEMS(MCC 6540) earlier it was ONE MOBIKWIK SYSTEMS PRMUMBAI (which have utility MCC) - Payment was settled on 20th June so if anyone else have tried payment recently, pls check and share if you are facing the same thing.

!! No More rewards points if someone was using!! FYI pls.

Not sure how it will affect for payments done via debit card. Usually we would use it for 1% benefit while paying through HDFC Platinum DC as credit card payment was considered under utility.

I paid an AU card payment of Rs50000 On MobiKwik using HDFC DC on 16th Sept, but no points were given. is this stopped now?
on the same date I made an SBI card payment of Rs10000 using HDFC Bill pay, and I got the points.
You won't get cashback on this payment. Mobikwik has patched Utility MCC and now it won't be counted for cashback via HDFC Platinum DC. Use HDFC Billpay only.

You won't get cashback on this payment. Mobikwik has patched Utility MCC and now it won't be counted for cashback via HDFC Platinum DC. Use HDFC Billpay only.
Given hdfc is not on bill pay, is there a way to pay hdfc credit card and get 750 points visa platinum debit? Is there a way to manufacture a spend? Given you only get 1% for utility and 0.5% for groceries, is there a way? Like wallet loading etc...

I have to pay 20k worth of hdfc next month, so want to know.

Also in hdfc bill pay, do I have to wait for bill to generate each month? I've just added ICICI and Axis cards, have never used it before.

Given hdfc is not on bill pay, is there a way to pay hdfc credit card and get 750 points visa platinum debit? Is there a way to manufacture a spend? Given you only get 1% for utility and 0.5% for groceries, is there a way? Like wallet loading etc...

Also in hdfc bill pay, do I have to wait for bill to generate each month? I've just added ICICI and Axis cards, have never used it before.
You can get Millenia DC on your family member's Account. Millenia would provide 1% cashback on HDFC bills.

No need for bill to generate. You can prepay. Excess payment are easily refunded(sbi, hdfc, no personal experience on others)
Hope you have understood how to utilise.

You can get Millenia DC on your family member's Account. Millenia would provide 1% cashback on HDFC bills.
1% upto 400 right? I changed my card from times now card to platinum debit coz of Mobikwik, i guess I'll try to use HDFC cards as little as possible until there's another way.

Also regarding hdfc bill pay, I've added Axis ace and ICOL and apay icici to bill pay, if I'm to pay with bill pay, should I wait for bill generation to clear dues or pay bill? It can I pay as I wish?

No need for bill to generate. You can prepay. Excess payment are easily refunded(sbi, hdfc, no personal experience on others)
Hope you have understood how to utilise.
How many days will it take to clear bills in hdfc bill pay should I worry about paying bill in 1st if my due is on 5th?

Mobikwik usually does Axis ace and iocl in 2-3 days and hdfc with a day and icici a but late.

How many days will it take to clear bills in hdfc bill pay should I worry about paying bill in 1st if my due is on 5th?

Mobikwik usually does Axis ace and iocl in 2-3 days and hdfc with a day and icici a but late.
It takes 2-3 working days, sometimes more. People say 3 days grace period and also date of payment is counted.
But I don't think it's worth being adventurous if you have less than 3 working days.

1% upto 400 right? I changed my card from times now card to platinum debit coz of Mobikwik, i guess I'll try to use HDFC cards as little as possible until there's another way.

Also regarding hdfc bill pay, I've added Axis ace and ICOL and apay icici to bill pay, if I'm to pay with bill pay, should I wait for bill generation to clear dues or pay bill? It can I pay as I wish?
Bro you're losing 5% cashback on Millenia CC to save 1% cashback. Think wisely.

However if you've any other card which fulfill Millenia's absence, then its okay.

Regarding your HDFC Billpay query, you can do payment anytime for whatever amount you want. Just turf off Smartpay.

Bro you're losing 5% cashback on Millenia CC to save 1% cashback. Think wisely.

However if you've any other card which fulfill Millenia's absence, then its okay.

Regarding your HDFC Billpay query, you can do payment anytime for whatever amount you want. Just turf off Smartpay.
I meant for offline, most of my spends are offline, I've gotten like 1000 rupees on axis ace (2%) for just offline. For vouchers and 10 partners sites yeah hdfc millennia is better.

Back