• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mobikwik Changed MCC to 6540(Prepaid Load) for Credit card payment

pgarg24

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,
I recently paid my credit card bill of around 1k from Mobikwik using DCB and found that Mobikwik have changed their MCC for credit card payment to 6540 which is for prepaid loads.
Merchant Name was changed to ONE MOBIKWIK SYSTEMS(MCC 6540) earlier it was ONE MOBIKWIK SYSTEMS PRMUMBAI (which have utility MCC) - Payment was settled on 20th June so if anyone else have tried payment recently, pls check and share if you are facing the same thing.

!! No More rewards points if someone was using!! FYI pls.

Not sure how it will affect for payments done via debit card. Usually we would use it for 1% benefit while paying through HDFC Platinum DC as credit card payment was considered under utility.

For a bill amount of 30k it is not practical to do 30 transactions. Such a messy system
Yes. It's not practical at all and it's not very reliable too. My money got debited and later on transaction failed. I received refund after few days. If I hadn't already paid minimum balance from other means I could have missed the deadline completely. And banks may even block our debit card if we repeatedly make payments to same merchant. This is definitely not a good alternative to be sure.

Yes everyone facing this issue. Sab yaha matam mana rahe hai 1 week se now you can join also.
Yes did few transactions via Mobikwik on both Infinia and Atlas. transactions till 15th Sep were utility but after 20th Sep are showing 6540 code. That way HDFC is very clean in getting rewards. the moment i did not get the points after the transaction was posted i thought something is wrong and HDFC confirmed that its showing as wallet load.

View attachment 33907
It is clearly written on https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/pay/cards/millennia-cards/millennia-debit-card that on making credit card payment it won't give cashback. I think the only way is to load paytm wallet and then pay through paytm for your credit card bill, that way we get 1% cashback for wallet reload on hdfc millenia debit card.
Has anyone tried this method ? If yes, kindly tell. Thanks in advance.
Yes + if you directly make cc bill payment through mobikwik, it will fetch rp.

Yes + if you directly make cc bill payment through mobikwik, it will fetch rp
But this reward point would be given only when I am using Millenia debit card of hdfc and not Platinum debit card of hdfc.
This is one paradox of HDFC, they are giving more benefits in a lower variant than a costlier variant.

He said right because 2 or more dc aren’t possible in hdfc.
No use of 2dc because cb are account based so for 2 cashback u need 2accounts. 2 cards on 1account won't work. Already got 2dc for 1ac . Cb are not showed card based but account based.

But never tried 2millenia transaction as for the same reason. Will try if cb for one month is more than 250.

2debit cards are available for joint account so add a second member in ur account and DC will be issued in their name. So 2 DC on one account.

Back