• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mobile recharge price hike by 25% - (just a hunch/speculation it not hiked yet or may never hiked as much as 25%)

Is anyone else facing issues in using a jio voucher which was obtained before the 3 July price hike recently?
@Riva No
Even the use for another jio number is greyed out.
Not in my case luckily. 🤞
I did a 1 year recharge for 2999 on ji on 2 June,
It's queued or already activated?
but now the 5GB data voucher doesn't get activated.
Why do you require 5GB upgrade data plan, if you have already recharged and it offers 2GB/day, already eligible for Unlimited 5G.
I get the error saying "this number does not have a valid plan to redeem select voucher".
If so, it seems either it's queued or if it's activated, it's not eligible for upgrade, it itself offer unlimited 5G.
Called customer care they cannot help and have asked to send an email. I am waiting for email support to come back with a response.
CC are usually clueless and less knowledgeable. 😂

They are good for nothing. 😂

I think that 5gb voucher was obtained through a promotional offer or something? Looks like it was meant to be for a specific plan.

Yes, so I had got that when I bought the Jio dongle some 3 years ago or something. Don't remember exactly. I had got more that 3 vouchers and had used them until end last year.

@Riva No

Not in my case luckily. 🤞

It's queued or already activated?

Why do you require 5GB upgrade data plan, if you have already recharged and it offers 2GB/day, already eligible for Unlimited 5G.

If so, it seems either it's queued or if it's activated, it's not eligible for upgrade, it itself offer unlimited 5G.

CC are usually clueless and less knowledgeable. 😂

They are good for nothing. 😂

Again today I was with CC on chat for about 30 min. They were clueless and eventually told me to email. Told them I did that 2 days ago and no reply from them.

The vouchers are not queued or activated. They have to be activated manually. I think after their new plans have been rolled out, these vouchers have not been configured to read these new plans for compatibility and must be still linked to the old plans

This sim is used in the dongle, and after 2.5GB is over the speed reduces so it's basically useless even though they say unlimited.

Again today I was with CC on chat for about 30 min. They were clueless and eventually told me to email. Told them I did that 2 days ago and no reply from them.

The vouchers are not queued or activated. They have to be activated manually. I think after their new plans have been rolled out, these vouchers have not been configured to read these new plans for compatibility and must be still linked to the old plans

This sim is used in the dongle, and after 2.5GB is over the speed reduces so it's basically useless even though they say unlimited.
I don't know what's your actual question.

Yes, voucher needs to get manually activated. Sometimes you say, I did 2999 recharge.

Are you asking about UL 5G add on voucher?

It seems you have recharged on 2nd of July, there's 4G data pack only, you can't see UL 5G add on data plan, am I right? Is this your question? Earlier I was thinking that your question is about 5G upgrade plan.

Did you have receive Welcome offer? How Jio will track whether the device is 5G compatible or not if you use that SIM in dongle?🤣

You matter lies here, to use UL 5G, you should have eligible plan along with 5G network availability and 5G handset.

Yes, so I had got that when I bought the Jio dongle some 3 years ago or something. Don't remember exactly. I had got more that 3 vouchers and had used them until end last year.
Still unable to understand your concern properly.

To get your queries answered you should quote all relevant facts and datas in a systematic way so that it will be understandable for others.

Last edited:
Still unable to understand your concern properly.

To get your queries answered you should quote all relevant facts and datas in a systematic way so that it will understandable for others.

The issue is not 5G. The issue is what I mentioned in my post above.

I have done a recent recharge for 2999, 2.5gb/day on 1st July
Now, I already had 3 vouchers of 5GB which I had got maybe 2 years ago when I bought a jio dongle. I had more such vouchers, but I used them, the last being sometime at the end of 2023.

Now, after doing this recharge on 1st July when I went to activate my 5GB voucher on 6th July, I get the error that there is no valid plan to activate this voucher and the transfer to another jio number is also greyed out.

I was asking if anyone else faced something like this in activating a previously saved voucher post the new plans (3rd July) coming into effect.

Customer care has no idea how to resolve and it's been 2days no revert from care@jio.

Been 4 days and still no revert from jio email team! So I thought I'd call customer care!

But.. Jio's customer service sucks man!! Worse than Voda! Was on the ivr for 20 min and still could not connect to an agent. After 20 min the ivr disconnected the call!!!

If they are facing such high call volumes, it shows how poor their service is. At least staff enough to answer the phones and reply to emails!!

Seems like all of jio's staff is doing house cleaning / helping work for the wedding this weekend!!

Been 4 days and still no revert from jio email team! So I thought I'd call customer care!

But.. Jio's customer service sucks man!! Worse than Voda! Was on the ivr for 20 min and still could not connect to an agent. After 20 min the ivr disconnected the call!!!

If they are facing such high call volumes, it shows how poor their service is. At least staff enough to answer the phones and reply to emails!!

Seems like all of jio's staff is doing house cleaning / helping work for the wedding this weekend!!
Ye toh barso se yehe kahani hai 🤡🤣

Ye toh barso se yehe kahani hai 🤡🤣

Iv been using jio ever since they launched. Have 2 sim from them, but never had such issues in the past and issues was usually resolved on jio chat itself. Yesterday jio chat took 30 min to tell me that they cannot help and that I need to drop an email!!

Thats why I told you it was literally hopeless to expect any help from their incompetent cc, and now with this AI bot it makes it 10x worse, You could although write to their Appellate authority, on jio.com u can find the details and drop a mail or a call, Thats the last hope

Yea, i am thinking of doing that. But they have not replied to my email so I don't have a ticket no. I may have to wait for more days before I can escalate there.

Back